It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan warns of 'impending' mega-quake as large as one that caused Fukushima meltdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Scientists are already sounding an alarm about another powerful quake to hit Japan within the next 3 decades.

An “impending” earthquake is forecast to strike off the Pacific coastline of Hokkaido, Japan’s northernmost island, most likely triggering a massive tsunami, within the coming three decades.

The government’s Earthquake Research Committee predicted a 70 per cent chance of a magnitude-8 to 8.6 earthquake hitting the Nemuro area in eastern Hokkaido within this timescale.

The panel also cited a 7 to 40 per cent likelihood of a magnitude-9 earthquake across the eastern Hokkaido region within the next three decades, with potential impact on nearby Aomori Prefecture, home to nuclear power plants.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I would like to know the scientific readings and measurements this committee possesses, that triggered this warning. The article states that the study was based on "historical data." I think they have more scientific data that they're not disclosing, to prevent public panic. The Japanese government "sugarcoated" data before in regards to Fukushima. With the 2020 Olympics being held in Tokyo, it would make sense that they're withholding other information. Perhaps this "mega-quake" is a lot more imminent than what is being stated. This news is certainly very alarming, considering the current status of Fukushima. Here's a report on Fukushima from this past November:

But the illusion of normality evaporates as soon as the visitors get off their bus and stand within sight of the reactors, with dosimeters indicating radiation levels of around 160 to 170 microsieverts per hour - nearly 2,000 times above what is considered safe.

www.dw.com...

Here's a more "dire" report from February 2017:

Extremely high radiation levels have been recorded inside a damaged reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station, almost six years after the plant suffered a triple meltdown.

Tepco and its network of partner companies at Fukushima Daiichi have yet to identify the location and condition of melted fuel in the three most seriously damaged reactors. Removing it safely represents a challenge unprecedented in the history of nuclear power.

www.theguardian.com...

Here's another report from the Guardian, concerning Fukushima, released a month later in March 2017:

Exploration work inside the nuclear plant’s failed reactors has barely begun, with the scale of the task described as ‘almost beyond comprehension’

Five sections have been kept open deliberately to prevent water inside the reactor basements from rising and flowing out more rapidly. “We have to close the wall gradually,” Okamura said. “By April we want to keep the influx of groundwater to about 100 tonnes a day, and to eliminate all contaminated water on the site by 2020.”

Mitsuhiko Tanaka, a former Babcock-Hitachi nuclear engineer, accuses Abe and other government officials of playing down the severity of the decommissioning challenge in an attempt to win public support for the restart of nuclear reactors across the country. “Abe said Fukushima was under control when he went overseas to promote the Tokyo Olympics, but he never said anything like that in Japan,” says Tanaka. “Anyone here could see that the situation was not under control.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 12/21/2017 by shawmanfromny because: added info

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I still say I wouldn't be swimming in Hawaii or the Pacific, including the western US coastline. No one is telling the truth about the impact from Fukushima.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Scientists are already sounding an alarm about another powerful quake to hit Japan within the next 3 decades.

It could just be my ignorance, but to me this doesn't sound like much of a warning. To say that an area that has a lot of earthquakes has a threat of a strong earthquake in the next 30 years? I would expect the same sort of prediction for areas like California as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: fritzM

While I agree with you that Japan is probably one of the world’s most seismically active regions, one has to question why this warning even came out. Like you stated, the threat of strong earthquakes in this area is a known fact. I'm thinking that they're withholding scientific information that supports a "mega-quake" will happen much sooner than their predicted time frame. Japan has a lot on their shoulders right now: threats from North Korea, on-going contamination from the Fukushima disaster and the Olympic games being held in Tokyo in 2020. The last thing they would want right now, is for the Olympics to be held at a different location, if there was an imminent threat of a "mega-quake" within the next several years. They're already investing a lot of money and resources for the upcoming Olympic games. This might bite them in the ass if this quake happens during the Olympic games and causes further damage to the Fukushimi reactors.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You'd think they'd start considering a permanent shutdown the rest of the reactors they have in operation / standby then. But you can't expect a responsible action like that from the Japanese. They don't care, even when poisoning the world for hundreds of thousands of years.

They just lie and misdirect. Meanwhile it's the whole world in danger so they can do something asinine like have nuclear power plants anywhere near sea level, a coast, and a fault zone.

Almost anywhere in Japan is an unacceptable location for a nuclear reactor, as demonstrated to all our peril.
edit on 21-12-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Its all to do with loss of 'face' I'm surprised none of them have committed hari kiri.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Its all to do with loss of 'face' I'm surprised none of them have committed hari kiri.
They all have its just a very slow process. They are all fu.k.d by fu.ky!
edit on 21-12-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'll post some of my old incomplete list shortly. It will however take some time.

Maybe this will help in the meantime

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
But you can't expect a responsible action like that from the Japanese.

I don't think that it is just the Japanese. Unfortunately I think that many countries would do the same thing.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If they were able to predict earthquakes they would have evacuated the area that was destroyed by the tsunami. You can't predict an earthquake. You can only EXPECT them in these areas where they already occur regularly.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Everything is hanging by a thread. The Fukushima disaster exposes the mass delusion that the whole world is caught up in for what it is.

Humanity has been entrained and hypnotized to be like the Eloi in "The Time Machine."

new topics

top topics

join