It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is Different Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I know what you mean about talking to your Mom. I do that too. Most often for me it's in the garden. We had some of our best chats while working side by side in the gardens. She's been gone 38 years and some days I still miss her so much the tears come. But every day, in so many ways, she is still here with me. And so it is with my Beloved. Each morning upon rising and heading into the bathroom I see our smiling faces enjoying a submarine ride in Maui. He has on a bright red t-shirt with the inscription, "Frankly scallop, I don't give a clam."

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
Thank you. He deserves better than my feeble attempt to portray the kindest, gentlest man I've ever known. He loved to make people happy.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic
Thanks. I'm an avid collector of hugs.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Oh, I am just so sorry for your loss. *warm hugs*

Beautifully written tribute.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I can tell you loved him dearly...and I know it hurts.
I doubt that void in your heart can ever be filled. But the memories of the happiness he brought you will certainly help

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Thank you. He deserves better than my feeble attempt to portray the kindest, gentlest man I've ever known. He loved to make people happy.

NOT feeble and thank you for returning.
I worry about folks in these time.
Probably because I know and barely survived the tightrope I've walked.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Thank you. You've hit on the very thing that makes it bearable---the memories---and sharing them. Tonight I've been carrying on a tradition I've had since grad school---making chocolate chip cookies to hand out at Christmas. We always did a big cookie bake on the Solstice.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
At present I feel as though I'm wrapped in a warm cloak of love. With the holiday season I'll be having lots of visitors coming in to share the great memories we've made over the years. We'll cry a bit and we'll laugh a lot. I'm keeping busy and trying to stay focused on making this a happy season despite our sorrow.
We have a brand new (3 months old) baby in the family that I'll get to babysit tomorrow afternoon. What fun! It's been several years since I've had a baby to play with.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Thinking of you today, DID.

ETA: I just remembered you are a Kentucky Woman, like me. If you ever find yourself headed to Louisville...I'm here to lean on.
edit on 12/25/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Thanks for your kind invitation. I've sent you a PM.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Got it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join