It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake or Not : Documentary Discovering Bigfoot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Groot

There is no forensic evidence of bigfoot anywhere.

Aren't footprints forensic evidence?

Especially when they contain perfectly preserved dermal ridges.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Most people consider Standing a hoaxer. I remember watching a detailed analysis of his videos and it was very clear that he had faked them.

I can see that too,he might have spent too much time alone in the mountains..lol

I tend to give more credibility to low key reports, not the big fancy productions.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I’ve always believed the Bigfoot conspiracy to be one of the most ridiculous, pointless maybe a less harsh description to use.

My reasoning for this is that there is no valid reason for this to be kept hidden from the public.
It really has no bearing in a control aspect as with every other conspiracy out there.

None that I can think of anyways.

Do you believe that governments keep information secret regarding top-secret aircraft and UFOs that may or may not be of this world? The MSM recently ran those stories about the government's secret program to study UFOs, so you can't say they don't.
There happen to be certain factors in common between sasquatch encounters and the UFO phenomenon.

Think about that one for a second... What if...?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I believe it is Standing's sister or wife that has some experience doing professional makeup and they had a pretty large production company...he is a known hoaxer...

Most individuals coming out with their own documentary is a known hoaxer...

Meldrum is cool but gets sucked into a lot of projects because he has some credibility...sometimes he needs to learn to say no but there are some top rate scam artists that operate that know how to milk the cash cow that is bigfoot...

PGF film is real and ATS is a terrible resource for bigfoot information...

Most of anything that makes it big in the news or gets on tv is by known hoaxers.

There are little gems of evidence and research sprinkled in with all the hoaxes if you take the time to look with an open mind.

For example: Bone stacking and teeth impressions in the Washington forest...
Link

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Funny you should mention it...I watched that docu last night. Then I did some basic google research. Seems the general consensus is that Standing has some decent stuff, but it's overshadowed by his fakery. Just google "Todd Standing hoax" and you'll get some interesting hits...

Something about the way he talked and moved in that documentary, as well as when he was with Les Stroud, made me really suspicious. It was somewhere between his anthropomorphization and just how rapidly he was "finding" tracks and marks made a lightbulb go off in my head. Not to mention the silly questions he was asking his cohorts while in the field.

I don't know what is fact and what is fiction with that guy, so I will probably throw out the baby with the bath water on this one.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: erikthegreen

Thanks for the link...

and you are exactly right about bigfoot or cryptid info on ATS, it didn't used to be that way.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This will sound odd.

I've seen the creature twice, or I saw two different ones. There's a thread about it here on ATS, should you be so inclined...

However, that being said, there is no way all the reports can possibly be true, or there would not be a mystery surrounding Sasquatch...we'd be tripping over him.

Todd Standings reputation isn't a good one.

There are very reputable scientists that have staked reputations on there being a Sasquatch knockin' about the woods.

Melding is one. The late Grover Krantz was another. Those are the two I'm most familiar with.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I watched the documentary. I found it odd that he says he puts apples in trees and then says bigfoot took them and has done this on many occasions. My question is..........If you know a bigfoot is taking the apples than why not put up game cameras?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I watched the documentary. I found it odd that he says he puts apples in trees and then says bigfoot took them and has done this on many occasions. My question is..........If you know a bigfoot is taking the apples than why not put up game cameras?

Yes, why doesn't he? He did capture something taking apples on infrared while filming, but just a hand or arm taking them.

Bigfoot, or hidden buddy.

Who knows.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Funny you should mention it...I watched that docu last night. Then I did some basic google research. Seems the general consensus is that Standing has some decent stuff, but it's overshadowed by his fakery. Just google "Todd Standing hoax" and you'll get some interesting hits...

Something about the way he talked and moved in that documentary, as well as when he was with Les Stroud, made me really suspicious. It was somewhere between his anthropomorphization and just how rapidly he was "finding" tracks and marks made a lightbulb go off in my head. Not to mention the silly questions he was asking his cohorts while in the field.

I don't know what is fact and what is fiction with that guy, so I will probably throw out the baby with the bath water on this one.

Thing is, I did research this before posting, I just wanted to hear the opinions of ATS members.

Still kind of on the fence about a few things.

The faces. Real or not?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I'd feel so much better about the faces if there were some head movement or movement to and or from these highly concealed areas no matter how brief. Not to mention every face is very distinct and not similar to each other at all. Just was very convenient that his batteries were about to run out just when he had video.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Yes, why doesn't he? He did capture something taking apples on infrared while filming, but just a hand or arm taking them.

Bigfoot, or hidden buddy.

Who knows.

Being a nocturnal creature, it is possible that it can see the infrared spectrum and simply avoids them.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I can only add that i too have seen this documentary, I remember when ATS threads and other sites showed the "Bigfoot" pics and they looked a bit Chewbacca to me, I couldn't stop thinking that the noses of the two sasquatch's looked straight out of Star Wars, like a slightly shaved Chewie or Ewok make-up test. Lots of members had problems with the "look" of the creatures too.
Over all though i did enjoy it and liked the professtional and well presented look of the programme but i was left with a feeling of scam rather than amazment.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

the thing is with the videos there needs to be some other physical evidence to go along with it. Like hairs hopefully with the roots attached. Maybe put out the apples with sticky stuff all around them thats bound to grab some hairs. LOL maybe a chit load of those tracker tags covered sticky stuff, then all you would need is a mobile wifi hot spot with a decent range LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

the thing is with the videos there needs to be some other physical evidence to go along with it. Like hairs hopefully with the roots attached. Maybe put out the apples with sticky stuff all around them thats bound to grab some hairs. LOL maybe a chit load of those tracker tags covered sticky stuff, then all you would need is a mobile wifi hot spot with a decent range LOL

I know ! You would think that there would be some sort of physical evidence like hair. Like bears leave physical evidence. Why not bigfoot?

Or even if you see one, shoot a dart tracking device at them if you are intensely tracking them , if that is even a thing.

LOL !

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just to add some thought to this thread, consider this;

"In 1975, the United States Army Corps of Engineers (Seattle District, Environmental Resources Section) released the Washington Environmental Atlas(aka: Provisional U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Environmental Reconnaissance Inventory of the State of Washington 1975), a 114 page book that cost over $200,000 to make and over 3yrs to research and compile. The atlas contains official maps, graphs, status levels, and reports regarding phytogeography, zoogeography, physical geography, and land use borders for the state of Washington "

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well I enjoyed it and I don’t think he’s hoaxing it either. He does make a LOT of assumptions though.

The consistency of the sightings that are all generally the same (height/size/behavior etc.) makes it pretty hard to ignore their existence in some shape or form.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I know a place in Canada you can go have a look and no I'm not going with you. They throw rocks, BIG rocks the size of volley balls. Been a few years maybe he moved on.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Todd is for sure an eccentric guy. This looks interesting (well, besides his judo flips in the woods), but we'll see. I think he has seen some legitimate things, but his reputation has sunk so much that no one will believe anything he puts out there.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
Just to add some thought to this thread, consider this;

"In 1975, the United States Army Corps of Engineers (Seattle District, Environmental Resources Section) released the Washington Environmental Atlas(aka: Provisional U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Environmental Reconnaissance Inventory of the State of Washington 1975), a 114 page book that cost over $200,000 to make and over 3yrs to research and compile. The atlas contains official maps, graphs, status levels, and reports regarding phytogeography, zoogeography, physical geography, and land use borders for the state of Washington "

Thank you for sharing that !

I will read your links and info .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join