It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake or Not : Documentary Discovering Bigfoot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hey all !

So, I came across this documentary with Todd Standing called Discovering Bigfoot that, in my opinion, was very convincing.

He has 7 separate videos of bigfoot , including close ups of faces .

Here is the description :

Reality Entertainment and The Sylvanic Cooperation presents "Discovering Bigfoot." Discovering Bigfoot is the first feature film documentary with real live interaction between a Bigfoot creature, wilderness experts, PhD's and other world renowned experts and researchers of the Bigfoot enigma. Journey into the heart of Sasquatch Country with Todd Standing who appeared with Survivorman's Les Stroud in "Survivorman Bigfoot". Experience three incredible days in the field with Bigfoot researchers, Todd Standing and renowned expert Professor Dr. Jeff Meldrum as they encounter a real live Sasquatch. What we think we know of human origins and evolution is about to change forever as we discover the truth about a species that has remained elusive by outwitting and evading modern man for decades despite his best efforts. New evidence is revealed through scientific, systematic, and logical processes proving the existence of the Sasquatch species, modern day descendant of Gigantopithicus, a.k.a. Bigfoot. This unprecedented feature film includes - Never before seen, extraordinary Sasquatch footage that will shock the world. A terrifying altercation between Todd Standing and 3 Sasquatch creatures in the wild. Five never before seen video encounters with the Sasquatch species and overview of the life and death struggle that was necessary to acquire them.

www.imdb.com...

My thoughts are , with including 2 scientist on this expedition, with how they examine the evidence with much skepticism , and the footage of possible big foot footages seems very convincing, but I am still a little skeptical.

This is only available on Netflix and maybe other venues.

If you have seen this film, what are your thoughts?

edit on 20-12-2017 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Hoax.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Hoax.

And reason why?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I'm wondering too. While I haven't watched it yet one review of it goes on tot say:

Discovering Bigfoot is the first feature film documentary with real, live interaction between a Bigfoot creature, wilderness experts, PhDs, and other world-renowned experts and researchers of the Bigfoot enigma. In it, Todd Standing ventures into the heart of Sasquatch Country to obtain never-before-seen footage of Sasquatch encounters.

The Discovering Bigfoot documentary, combined with additional eyewitness testimony from individuals from all walks of life, including doctors, engineers and biologists, and DNA evidence and fingerprint analysis, present what researchers are calling undeniable proof that this species exists.

Source

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

There is no forensic evidence of bigfoot anywhere. While we do find new species all the time, we typically find them when we aren't looking for them. People have been looking for bigfoot for quite some time, even claiming to be on the trail of, or close to a habitat, but still nothing. Some footprint casts, but nothing else. No dna evidence at all. No scat, no hair, no bones, nothing.

It's fun to believe, but it's not likely to be true.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Hoax.

And reason why?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are can start here .

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

There is no forensic evidence of bigfoot anywhere.

Aren't footprints forensic evidence?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I’ve always believed the Bigfoot conspiracy to be one of the most ridiculous, pointless maybe a less harsh description to use.

My reasoning for this is that there is no valid reason for this to be kept hidden from the public.
It really has no bearing in a control aspect as with every other conspiracy out there.

None that I can think of anyways.

I think it is a theory pushed for two reasons;
Group one who make up a great many people who find Bigfoot fascinating and interesting...
& group two, more nefariously, are a select few who know how to make a hell of a lot of money from group one.

Group two are always just so close to proving it, just missing it, or being evaded before they can offer conclusive evidence, and must keep searching, endlessly it seems, and usually with funding they coerce from group one.

Not my cup of tea at all!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Not when it's "planted" .

edit on 01/01/1999 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

...wilderness experts, PhDs, and other world-renowned experts and researchers of the Bigfoot enigma.

Yeah, that’s inevitable really...
Especially when you consider the fact that most of the “experts” in the Bigfoot field are never an expert in any other scientific school of thought.

Conflict of interest, perhaps?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Typically yes, but typically they also contain dna evidence. Bigfoot footprints tend to be clay molds of something like this

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

...wilderness experts, PhDs, and other world-renowned experts and researchers of the Bigfoot enigma.

Yeah, that’s inevitable really...
Especially when you consider the fact that most of the “experts” in the Bigfoot field are never an expert in any other scientific school of thought.

Conflict of interest, perhaps?

Exactly . Just a play on words .

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Hoax.

And reason why?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are can start here .

Answered my question. Thank you !

A hoax.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm not gonna write if off because of the people mentioned in the article I shared, whether Todd is said to be a hoaxer or not. Also, personally good to know more of the locals into this in Bigfoot country.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well, that's not always true, you may have heard of Bigfoot researcher Jeff Meldrum. He is a Professor of Anatomy and Anthropology. Also,

Professor of the Department of Anthropology at Idaho State University. Meldrum is also Adjunct Professor of Occupational and Physical Therapy.

Meldrum is an expert on foot morphology and locomotion in primates.[1]
Source

Here's a good point:

Meldrum has attracted media attention due to his interest in Bigfoot.[1][2][3][4] Skeptic Brian Dunning writes that "The work of responsible scientists like Dr. Meldrum is exactly what true skeptics should be asking the Bigfoot community for, not criticizing him for it."[5]

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Typically yes, but typically they also contain dna evidence. Bigfoot footprints tend to be clay molds of something like this

Footprints typically contain DNA evidence?? Really?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Professor Dr. Jeff Meldrum involved it likely not a hoax. His respected and has debunked frauds previously. What a weird week.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesushere
Professor Dr. Jeff Meldrum involved it likely not a hoax. His respected and has debunked frauds previously. What a weird week.

So, do you think Mr. Standing is trying to see if he can outsmart Dr. Meldrum with a hoax? Researching Mr. Standing seems to have a shady history and Dr. Meldrum seemed reluctant during the excursion until his sighting, which could have been faked.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have seen one very clearly, one "maybe." For what it's worth.
How much time do the adamant debunkers spend in isolated forest areas?
Thousands of reports going back hundreds, if not more years would lead one to think something is going on.
Even if it is hallucinations, that would be interesting to study.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Meldrum, the Mormon...

That might explain his fantasies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join