It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the co-founders of bitcoin.com has sold all of his bitcoin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Unless you sell.
If you can.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

What did he get for all those bit coins?

He bought Bitcoin Cash, another crypto. I have some Ripple, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum right now.
edit on 21amThu, 21 Dec 2017 00:07:25 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: anonentity

Unless you sell.
If you can.

Cionbase have a security warning that higher than usual traffic is impeding buying and selling... I don't believe in coincidence.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I wish I bought Bitcoin.
I also wish I bought Apple.

I don't really wish I bought Bitcoin.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I can sell you some apples if thats any consolation.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I know that one of those sentences is a lie...I just can't figure out which!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
Hmmm, may be the right time to get out of Bitcoin.

It constantly amazes me that historically, even though people see a bubble forming, they ignore the huge rise and think it will go on forever.

Someone's going to make a killing. Chances are it won't be the average investor.

Remember how Goldman Sach and all the others intentionally built up the real estate bubble, selling the derivatives while they were covering themselves with Credit default swaps? They made money both ways and got govt assistance too.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: intrptr

What did he get for all those bit coins?

He bought Bitcoin Cash, another crypto. I have some Ripple, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum right now.

I drank all my Ripple...it would be worth Millions now.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He sold out of one investment to get into another and wants others to do the same.

No self interest there.

The good ol' pump and dump.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I'm aware. There seems to be a concerted effort to bring down Bitcoin by a few different agencies. Not that I mind honestly, the real issue is that what they offer in replacement is sub-par and obnoxious.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I think it is likely that 2018 will be the year of consumer quantum computation. They will suddenly be cheap as an iPhone and far more popular. Conventional computers will die in weeks because everyone will want a Q computer.

It will totally kill the blockchain.

Sure, they could use quantum proof algorithms but it would totally invalidate ALL currently existing cryptocurrencies in one hit.

The value of the blockchain is entirely dependent on the difficulty of computability and has been tied to Moores Law, which has been constant for decades.

Quantum computers will change everything and they are very immanent.

edit on 21/12/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
AS usual the new techy Pyramid scheme,saw that one comming,the new trend these days are "Start up companys" which if research is one of same,drive stock price up,then dump all holdings,another get rich quick scheme corner the market

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: liejunkie01

I thought it was the founder of Litecoin, if this is true then it looks dire.

Come on. The original poster is referencing some guy running a website promoting bitcoin. He takes the money.

On the other hand your post is referencing Charlie Lee telling people that he sold his LTC because he doesn't want to listen to people talking badly or suspiciously about him. I've watched his interviews on Youtube. He doesn't seem like the big nasty Ponzi scheme guy people might imagine. He just seems like a guy trying to do something he believes in. If he hits Powerball good for him. A lot of people are broke in a few years anyway. If he can run with it and do something good then good for him.

And yeah, to be perfectly transparent about it, I own a bit of Litecoin. Fear me. I'm challenging the bankers!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
Thank you.

I didn't want to poo poo on intangible assets.

What do you think of this? Bit Coin is unregulated by Banks and currently fluctuating widely. Would the regulated market be doing the same thing? Market volatility is not a good thing, it shows how unstable things are in general, usually preceding a crash. Is Bit coin behaving like the regular market would if unregulated too?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
AS usual the new techy Pyramid scheme,saw that one comming,the new trend these days are "Start up companys" which if research is one of same,drive stock price up,then dump all holdings,another get rich quick scheme corner the market

Bearing in mind the whole stock market approach to investing is one huge pyramid scheme, currently top heavy with huge debt overburden, but is regulated so tightly the instability is hidden.

Bit coin is unregulated by the "Fed", so is reflecting the true volatility in everyones mind.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I wish I bought Bitcoin.
I also wish I bought Apple.

I don't really wish I bought Bitcoin.

Hell, if I held onto half the baseball cards, LP records, and other toys I had as a kid, I'd be a rich man. As was I set them on fire, blew them up with fire crackers and shot them with my BB gun. The baseball cards got chewed by the wheel spokes of my bicycle.

And if I did retain that precious toy collection, I'd be worried all the time that thieves were going to break in and steal it.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I can sell you some apples if thats any consolation.

Old Apple computers are highly collectible. I watched a dead guys private Apple inventory sold at a flea market recently, it was a feeding frenzy.

Old Apples never rot.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I doubt it will go unregulated for long, but hopefully, the regulations are minimal and make sense.

I'll bet that regulations will allow bigger players and governments or whatnot to feel more comfortable converting their cash to crypto, which would cause the price to go up. I was also watching a documentary on Netflix last night about the Bitcoin, and there were a few people who were arrested because the rules were not clear enough, and they had engaged in criminal activity. One was the founder of the Silk Road and one was the founder of an exchange in New York who sold bitcoins to a man who used them for drug running on the Silk Road.

I keep on finding articles about Bitcoin that are five years old or so during my research that are talking about how its price is "so high" at less than $200, but now it is more than $15,000. I'm guessing that the price will continue to go up like this because many people suspect that cryptos will store 5-10% of the world's economy by 2025.

However, bitcoin has a slow transaction time. Litecoin is much, much faster.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Gold is artificially regulated, too. The price is held down to keep people from 'fleeing' into hard assets, like they are doing with Bitcoin. The difference being, gold is regulated by the Banksters, Bitcoin is not.

Guess which asset the banks keep in their basement vaults?

edit on 21-12-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join