It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Raises Minimum Hourly Wage to $15

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

3.3 with 2 major Hurricanes is pretty good.
Are you sure you want to use quarterly rates?

Take the Obama era for example. Between 2009 and 2016, GDP growth reached at or above 3% on a quarterly basis about eight times.

fortune.com...

As for do tax cuts stimulate the economy, yes they do.
Not according to your source: upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 12/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I said you were out of touch because you didn’t think that raising an employees wage was a big deal. You just spun away to cover your tracks.

The "Spin" is that employee wages are 'rising'. Thats always a good rumor isn't it? Imo, this announcement by Wells Fargo is damage control for the last corruption they got fined for. They faked millions of customer loans, lol. Aww, poor Wells Fargo they, need a boost in reputation.

But aren't 'hiring', either. Top of front page this AM...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
That's incredible. I quit working at PNC when I saw that the girls flipping my burgers at Mcdonalds were making more than me. I think I made $8.40 as a teller in 2011.

$8.40 an hour is not enough for me to smile in your face while you scream at me about your over draft fees.

15 though?? That's about 10 more cents than I'm making now- *SMILE*

-Alee
edit on 12/21/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

3.3 with 2 major Hurricanes is pretty good.
Are you sure you want to use quarterly rates?

Take the Obama era for example. Between 2009 and 2016, GDP growth reached at or above 3% on a quarterly basis about eight times.

fortune.com...

As for do tax cuts stimulate the economy, yes they do.
Not according to your source: upload.wikimedia.org...

Wow Phage, you just blatantly ignore the other stuff I post. That's rather disengenious if you ask me.

Your Fortune article beats Trump up for saying the Obama administration never had a year of over 3.0 growth. But then it shows that Obama never did, He couldn't string them together in a whole year, that's the point Trump made correctly. Even Politifact had to begrudgingly give hI'm a Mostly True.

Isn't over 3.0 GDP a good thing? It used to be the norm rather than the exception. Trump has set the bar at 3.0 or better annual growth, let's hold him to his standard, but let him enact his plan for it then.

Remember when Obama wanted to Cut those evil corporations taxes down to 27%?

People like getting taxed less and having more of their own money to spend. It's hard to run against that. The Democrats are going to have to run that way now.

Democrats may wish they'd supported Trumps tax cut

And you STILL haven't offered your views of how to grow the economy. Come on, you sure know what you DON'T like.

What would you like to do to grow the economy? At least the Republicans and Trump have somewhat of a plan. Where's the Democrats version of running the economy?

You'd think Democrats would be for doubling the child tax credit and increasing the deductible amounts of income without having to itemize.

By abdicating any thing to do with the Tax reform the Democrats are the new party of NO. Remember how they used to beret McConnell for that?

edit on 21-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So funny one heck of a PR stunt .
first any one working at a bank who is not getting alest 15 a hour is being ripped off . After all you want to say YOUR money is not worth paying someone a good wage then dont be surprised when the low quilty employ steals it .
Its bolony and just a PR stunt .
As for a 1000 dollar bonus ( its called Christmas bonus ) and every job I ever had gives them .
And again its just more PR they got the same pirk last year .
As for the pirk its self again PR after the last 300 days complaining about your job you forget all about how they treat everyone the rest of that year .
OO housing bubble comes to mind ( multi billion dollar bale outs come to mind )
But hey they gave them ( aka Are letting you know a bank employ makes 15 $ a hour or more and o my we also gave them money . Again which they do every year .
In conclusion they did Nothing new and have you cheering for it lol .

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Your thinking is out of touch.

Whats 'out of touch' is how much the bank gets from the reduction in taxes.
Besides as I read it, "planning" to raise wages isn't the same thing as actually raising them.

Fifth Third Bancorp announced plans today to raise its minimum hourly wage for all employees to $15, and distribute a one-time bonus of $1,000 for more than 13,500 employees

Is that kind of like when the gubment "Pledges" money for relief efforts somewhere, then welshes on the Deal?

'Announcements' of plans are fine and all... unlike banksters though to give more of anything except interest. Believe whatever you want, show me a pay stub, before and after.

Riddle Me this---------------->

When the subject of raising the minimum wage to $15/hr. was broached before it was the 'start of The End..' but when these banks™ do the raising it is fantastic WINNING!!! ??

Was it because of the blk. Muslim™ foreigner who married a transgender was sitting in the "High Chair" ?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

home depot where I live has been looking for help for quite awhile now...
they seem to have a problem finding help for some reason.
not really sure why, but by what I hear, they are always looking for people.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Your thinking is out of touch.

Whats 'out of touch' is how much the bank gets from the reduction in taxes.
Besides as I read it, "planning" to raise wages isn't the same thing as actually raising them.

Fifth Third Bancorp announced plans today to raise its minimum hourly wage for all employees to $15, and distribute a one-time bonus of $1,000 for more than 13,500 employees

Is that kind of like when the gubment "Pledges" money for relief efforts somewhere, then welshes on the Deal?

'Announcements' of plans are fine and all... unlike banksters though to give more of anything except interest. Believe whatever you want, show me a pay stub, before and after.

Riddle Me this---------------->

When the subject of raising the minimum wage to $15/hr. was broached before it was the 'start of The End..' but when these banks™ do the raising it is fantastic WINNING!!! ??

Was it because of the blk. Muslim™ foreigner who married a transgender was sitting in the "High Chair" ?

Was the wage increase mandated or did market conditions create and allow it? Hardly anyplace around here is hiring for less than 11. It's supply and demand. Business will pay what they think they need to in order to be staffed, not more than that. The Bank felt it was a right move, it's their choice. Not all biz's can do that.

They raised it, and still the Left is meh?!? Thats it?

Can't win for trying it appears. Tough crowd.

edit on 21-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I said you were out of touch because you didn’t think that raising an employees wage was a big deal. You just spun away to cover your tracks.

The "Spin" is that employee wages are 'rising'. Thats always a good rumor isn't it? Imo, this announcement by Wells Fargo is damage control for the last corruption they got fined for. They faked millions of customer loans, lol. Aww, poor Wells Fargo they, need a boost in reputation.

But aren't 'hiring', either. Top of front page this AM...

Just more spin further demonstrates that you don’t care about employees getting some of their money back.

Face it, D’s will have nothing to run on in 2018 or 2020. R’s will have the voters with lower unemployment, lower taxes and higher wages. Sucks to be your team.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Then this doesn't make sense (but probably ¢ent$..)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Such as?

I won't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Just keep thinking that the tax bill did nothing. Focus on it really hard, tell your friends it did nothing. Focus so hard on this belief that after the 2018 election you are just mystified why the House and the Senate picked up even more Republican votes.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Just more spin further demonstrates that you don’t care about employees getting some of their money back.

But they haven't, got_their_money_back_yet.

intrptr out

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

intrptr out

That was an idiotic reply now wasn’t it! They just passed the bill. It’s not even signed yet, of course they have not gotten their money yet. But, the President of the United States will sign the bill into law very soon. Then the new income tax withhold tables will come out in February. At that time employees everywhere will start getting some of their money back every payday. Whywhynot out!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

intrptr out

That was an idiotic reply now wasn’t it! They just passed the bill. It’s not even signed yet, of course they have not gotten their money yet. But, the President of the United States will sign the bill into law very soon. Then the new income tax withhold tables will come out in February. At that time employees everywhere will start getting some of their money back every payday. Whywhynot out!

Its just you and me and we just disagree.

By 'February' (what, no date?), no-one will remember this, lol.

Thats the other tell, they don't ever say, "Here, heres a tax cut..." they say, "theres gonna be something, down the road" and thats how you know its BS. Since you don't seem to get that you must be one of those 'Theysayers.'

Where are you sitting, right now?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I’ll be back laughing when the new withholding schedules are published

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

home depot where I live has been looking for help for quite awhile now...
they seem to have a problem finding help for some reason.
not really sure why, but by what I hear, they are always looking for people.

Probably because they are crappy managers. A friend of mine retired and went there for something to do till his wife retired. 2 days before his approved vacation his manager cancelled it. He never stepped foot in the place again. Now he works at Menards and is even having FUN!!!

edit on 22-12-2017 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I said show me a pay stub, before and after.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I said show me a pay stub, before and after.
Look at your own, if you work.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Then this doesn't make sense (but probably ¢ent$..)

Each business will decide what they do . If you don't like their decision, choose not to use them. I've never used Wells Fargo I think they are horrible .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join