It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Raises Minimum Hourly Wage to $15

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Vector99

Who writes the cuts?
Who will be sitting in them seats?

Well the person that signs it is the most important matter, and you know who that will be.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil
It's true that self interest rules. Too bad it isn't enlightened self interest.

I'm not getting $1,000. In fact I'm going to pay the first half of my next year's property tax next week so I can pay a bit less federal tax next year. It will help me when I pay my 2017 taxes but it won't help me in 2020 when I pay my 2019 taxes. Or any year after that.

Give me 4 years of 4.0 GDP and let's see where the deficit and America ends up.
And if you don't see that increase? Then what?

edit on 12/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
We need to stop spending $1.40 for every $1.00 We bring in.

Until that happens raising or cutting taxes will mean nothing. In other words we are screwed.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You pay more than $10k in property tax? Nice place you must have.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

No.
The total of my SWH and property tax is more than $10,000.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I'm fairly certain the debt will increase and the infrastructure among other things will get worse, how is that positive?

I don't need anyone else's opinion to know that's bad, so the trend continues the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, it's not that complicated.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

a reply to: Bluntone22

Mostly people are just happy Barry is gone.

Some certainly are.

Some are more concerned with erasing anything and everything done during his administration. No matter what.

...and upbeat about leaving an unpayable debt legacy for the next generations. Yay for partisan politics.

Like the 1.15 Trillion in Debt growth per year on average during the last Administration? The tax cuts are 1 to 3.5 Trillion spread over 10 years, depending on what estimate you use. Still a huge number, but not compared to recent times.

This is what America voted for. Yes it could be better. It can be tweaked as needed over the years and I'm sure it will. I'd personally like to see ideas from both sides on tax cuts and budget savings implemented. This first round, the wounds were too fresh for that to happen.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
You're not living up to your name....... where's your hope?
If you want infrastructure, let your Congress member know.

I want good GDP for a sustained period of time. How do we get that in your opinion?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

You mean you are using the system to pay as little taxes as you legally can?

Well according to some that makes you a greedy monster that is responsible for killing poor people.

edit on 21-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Bull#.

It means that I know what this new law is.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Bull#.

It means that I know what this new law is.

Oh I agree with you.

Just letting you know what some of the bleeding hearts think.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I'm a pragmatist.

Tell me, are you impressed with the bonuses being touted by the banks and broadband carriers?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The government have not had the best interests of the general populace for a very long time, I see no reason for that to change anytime soon .

At this point the only way I can see would be eliminate corporations ability to use tax havens so that money is pumped back into the economy, although the way the money is managed I won't hold my breath .

I guess I'm somewhat hopeless.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Impressed?

I don't know.

I think it's a good thing.

I think it is premature to say this is proof that the tax cuts are great.

Personally, I am in favor of this tax cut.

However, spending cuts are meccessary too, and no one wants to approach that.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Not sure what your SWH is. Have a good idea but not certain.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Yeah.

Do you think Trump is going to waffle on his promise about no medicare and SS cuts?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Just a guess on my part, but I would say no.

I think trump will prove to be like just about every other politician and cowardly back away wit dealing with most entitlement spending.

He will go back to the old play book of increasing the debt and printing more money.

Something I am very disappointed about.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm fairly certain the debt will increase and the infrastructure among other things will get worse, how is that positive?

I don't need anyone else's opinion to know that's bad, so the trend continues the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, it's not that complicated.

So, based solely on opinion you predict failure. You predict it at such a rate that only Obama could achieve, increasing debt while decreasing overall infrastructure.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Kandinsky

a reply to: Bluntone22

Mostly people are just happy Barry is gone.

Some certainly are.

Some are more concerned with erasing anything and everything done during his administration. No matter what.

...and upbeat about leaving an unpayable debt legacy for the next generations. Yay for partisan politics.

Like the 1.15 Trillion in Debt growth per year on average during the last Administration? The tax cuts are 1 to 3.5 Trillion spread over 10 years, depending on what estimate you use. Still a huge number, but not compared to recent times.

This is what America voted for. Yes it could be better. It can be tweaked as needed over the years and I'm sure it will. I'd personally like to see ideas from both sides on tax cuts and budget savings implemented. This first round, the wounds were too fresh for that to happen.

Hence my use of the term 'partisan.' Obama was despicable for raising the national debt but it's wonderful when Trump does it. OR it's despicable for Trump to do it and was fine under Obama. Partisans are blind and self deluding.

Of course, it could be argued that the Obama administration existed during an historic global recession whereas Trump's administration does not.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Not based on opinion, based on current trends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join