It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling at the Anthem VS. Flying the Confederate Flag???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

In every war the soldiery fights for a billion different reason, but in every war it goes back to a very few individual politicians who orcastrated the war...

The cause of the iraq war, is that Bush said their were WMD’s..

No matter what the individual soldiers think that doesn’t change..

PS.. I know why they fly it.. an inaccurate view of history, a nostalgic view of family members who did and most often to scream to the world “I’m not scared of black people..”

Not necessarily, “I hate black people..”, I’m not afraid of them.. it has been a constantly maintained fear since the slave population boomed. The fear of a violent slave uprising, that morphed into a fear of a violent black uprising..

The cia concidered bumping off MLK for exactly that..

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I said the state should remove the statues and flags because of slavery?? I said the state shouldn’t fly them for treason and rebellion. Not slavery..

Treason is POV.. and I’m an American.

The south SPECIFICLLY rebelled over their fear of losing slavery. The confederacy chose to make it all about slavery. Lincoln wanted no part of southern abolition until it became a military advantage.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I said the state should remove the statues and flags because of slavery?? I said the state shouldn’t fly them for treason and rebellion. Not slavery..

Treason is POV.. and I’m an American.

The south SPECIFICLLY rebelled over their fear of losing slavery. The confederacy chose to make it all about slavery. Lincoln wanted no part of southern abolition until it became a military advantage.

Just like I’m sure swastikas are nonissues for Jews and those whose grandparents were brutalized by the Nazis..

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join