It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling at the Anthem VS. Flying the Confederate Flag???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So how is kneeling during the national anthem disrespectful or more disrespectful to the military and America than flying the Confeterate Flag????

I really can’t believe I have never noticed this comparison.. in a way it is just so obvious..

How is flying the flag of a rebellion that killed ATLEAST 110,000 US service members, not disrespectful to the military???

That is the single greatest loss of American lives in US military history...

110,000 servicemembers JUST FROM COMBAT!! We have to tack on another 20-30k in those who died to mistreatment in Confederate prisons..

I’m not saying it is totally fair to exclude those who died from disease and exposure..but I excluded them here just to only include the death’s SPECIFICALLY caused by those in rebellion.

So those 130,000 deaths of US servicemen would have been directly at the hands of the confederacy..

So on what planet is flying their flag more acceptable than kneeling at the national anthem?!?!

Kneeling is inherently a sign of respect..

Is killing 130,000 US service members a sign of respect?!?! On any planet?!?!

Im pretty sure the anthem isn’t even part of the military..that they all thave their own theme songs and such..

It blows my mind that people can so easily fall for such obvious propaganda..

“We are kneeling to protest police brutality!!”

Which gets twisted into,

“You hate the military and America!”

I guarentee none of the regular joe public made that connection, until shills like Sean hannity told them to..

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

So on what planet is flying their flag more acceptable than kneeling at the national anthem?!?!

on this planet sir

it's about to get live in here
marking for morning reading

thanks for asking this

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

?

Are you for or against people displaying the confederate flag?

I'm for the right to display the flag though I think it's associated with racism.
I'm also for the right to take a knee though I think it's disrespectful.

You might want to focus on the fine folks who are tearing down statues.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Freedom of speech is absolute-unless you are at work.

And as an aside-
with the millions and millions of police/civilian contacts per year I am surprised there is not many many more civilians getting their eyes dotted or getting shot. Imagine dealing with all the mentally f'd people and drunks. We have a very very safe and effective policing system over all.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Why is the confederate flag disrespectful ?

Which one ?

They had a few.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

How is flying the flag of a rebellion that killed ATLEAST 110,000 US service members, not disrespectful to the military???

Considering the slaughter of native Americans let's ask them what they think of people flying the stars and stripes ?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Isn't the Confederate flag an American flag? There are a lot of US military now that fly the Confederate flag at home, so I don't see how that's disrespectful. Confederates didn't reap the benefits of the other side while trashing it either.
edit on 20-12-2017 by sine.nomine because: Damn autocorrect

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Kneel if you want, Fly your flag if you want, and more power to ya!

Signed The Founding Fathers.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think that the police brutality is much more disrespectful to this country than a flag or a protest could ever be.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

My native american grandmother ....never told me how she felt about this country.
My half native half irish father served in the military until he got a section 8.
I am german and native american and I don't give a damn about the flag one way or another.
There is no symbol that can accurately describe what I think this country is. I think people who "worship" flags are silly.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The Confederates were Americans.

You are showing respect to Americans who died in combat from the South.

The flag of the U.S. is just the flag of Americans who won.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I guarentee none of the regular joe public made that connection, until shills like Sean hannity told them to..

I certainly don't give any credence to what a Leftist shill like you has to say.
Get on your feet for the National Anthem.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well I’m for a private citizen doing displaying anything they want to..

However, the state displaying protagonist statues of people who betrayed their country, (in a lot of cases) betrayed their military oath, then led an armed rebellion that cost the most lives in US history is ridiculous

Espeacially when the vast majority were put up either in the push back after reconstruction and the civil rights movement, SPECIFICALLY as FU’s to blacks and intergrationists..

People don’t fly swastikas in present day germany...

Civilization really is a pendulum of revolution and counter-revolution..

If you look into the actual history surrounding the civil war and reconstruction, and I mean actual history fro actual historians, not you tube channels, it is absolutely disgusting..

Only about 2% of Americans gave one flying flip for the plight of the slaves and white supremacy was considered a scientific fact..

In a way you kinda can’t blame the layperson for that.. day the world is actually flat, are we all idiots for believing the experts that tell us it’s round???

So the majority wanted no part of abolition and almost none wanted equal rights. So the north and south used the “lost cause “ mythology to make piece..

“No one was wrong, no one was right. It was all over states rights and the fact those damn blacks didn’t know their place..”

So once the north pulled out, it was open season on black Americans and almost no one cared one little bit..

The revolution that was the civil war , led to a counter-revolution that was WAY worse for your average black than slavery was..

From my understanding the atrocities of slavery were always present, but minimized, due to the immense value of each slave , social ramifications of being known for being exceptionally cruel to your slaves (equivalent to someone today abusing their pets) and then just the human generocity one applies to their charges..

After abolition though , the gloves came off.. the slaves were to blame for them all being conquered.. alll the death and loss of wealth.. all the loss of honor..

All because they didn’t know their place..

And as a human being I can see how it would go exactly that way..

For any race, I any culture, you gotta blame some one and god knows we aren’t gonna blame ourselves...as humans not only white people.

I have no problem with people flying the confeterate flag.. but don’t then turn around and call yourself a patriot.. then pretend like you care who disrespects the military..

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Well kudos for you for at least being honest in admitting that you are for tearing down statues!

Burn any good books lately?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I just want to add, statues, like books, like flags, are inanimate objects.

They can be ignored.

Terrible books about terrible ideologies and terrible things are in public libraries all the time.

But, like so many other things, can be ignored.

Yet there are those that can't just ignore what they dislike.

They have to remove that option from everyone else. Pretty much as anti-freedom as one could get.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
One is freedom of expression.

So, too, is the other.

Both can be ignored.

Statues can be ignored. Books can be ignored. Words can be ignored.

You see, I live in the adult world where I'll make up my own god-damned mind about what is good or bad, what is to be ignored or not ignored.

I do not want, nor do I need, some idiots, whether left or right, telling me what is offensive, and what is not.

edit on 12/20/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That’s not even remotely acceptable..

The police are trained armed, armored and paid to deal with police interactions..

A random civilian randomly approached is none of those things..

We need to pay more and demand better.. the law needs to be changed to a objective measurement toward guilt when the officer is in question..

The present law requires a prosecutor proves the officer did not feel threatened in ONLY the instant of the officer shooting . An IMPOSSIBLE task.

Look at Daniel shavers..

The reality of the situation should be all that matters.. if you shoot someone because they wiggles weird.. if they have a gun, your cool..

If they do not... it should be your butt Mr. postman..

Not a full 1st degree Murder charge.. but definitely you lose your badge, the right to be an officer and the family gets paid..

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

With no concern for the history behind those things??

You just randomly assign all that stuff on your whims of the day??

That’s just fine for private citizens.. NOT THE STATE..

They are the statues of traitors, on the state property of the country they betrayed..

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The one that’s the posterboy for every white supremist group on the planet...

The one that was popularized in the push back to intergration and abolition SPECIFICALLY as an FU to the abolitionists and intergrationists..

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Prob the same thing..

I guarentee their grandparents did.. definitely great grand parents..

Anyone born before we started deifying them in history books as the perfect civilization living in homeostasis.. which wasn’t really true either lol..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join