It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey "Liberals", you want to use government force to take my money?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: toysforadults
And it would appear that this incoming 'tax cut' will add 1.4 Trillion dollars to your national debt? Well done, Conservatives...well done!

How long will that take to add it?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

You have no right to take my money and force me to pay for things I don't care about!

The government does this to everyone NO MATER WHO IS IN CHARGE.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: luke1212
The ACA mandate is gone? Really? How did I miss that? When? Woot!

Good thing. Why sacrifice your personal rights and freedoms just so you can have a health insurance? I never bought health insurance. I'm 33 years old. I don't need one. Good thing in Canada the government does not penalize you for not buying a health insurance. You Americans really messed up under Obama.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
But you're happy to dictate that people's money should be forcefully taken and spent on a giant wall?

And please don't say Mexico are paying. They are not.

And you're wrong. The government absolutely has a right to tax its citizens for the good of the country.

Are you also annoyed about roads, police, the fire service etc?

Honestly I don't understand how this kind of bizarre partisan indignation continues so openly. You've just moaned about being forced to provide CLEAN WATER to your own population.

How did we get to this point? Seriously?

I don't mind paying taxes to support the police, the military, firefighters, roads. Most of those taxes are municipal or provincial, not at the national level. I would never support paying taxes to support lazy poor people who survive on welfare or to support druggies who are on opium.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: DBCowboy

You’re really not listening to me or others who are questioning this tax bill.

First of all, I'm not against tax cuts for MC or poor people, or even tax cuts for the rich if there modest.

What most people don’t like is the humongous tax cuts for the rich.

Then "most people" should really mind their own business, unless what other people pay IS your business.

It is their business they live in the country.

You people are the ones who separate people form the society--the rich you love so much as if their gods or kings.

The richest senator is a democrat he voted against this…

Thank God everybody doesn’t think like you folks we’d have a monarchy

But instead because of folks who idealize the rich so much they worry about them paying higher taxes we almost have a monarchy, we have instead an oligarchy.

It always baffled me why people worry so much about the higher taxes rich folks pay.

Oh...the poor rich people...I feel so sorry for them.

Yeah all them rich dems, out of the top 10, 7 are dems didn't need to vote for the bill, obviously.

They will need to explain why to their people, tho.

They still get the cuts.

Chumps.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: zupdo

But you're happy to dictate that people's money should be forcefully taken and spent on a giant wall?

And you're wrong. The government absolutely has a right to tax its citizens for the good of the country.

Honestly I don't understand how this kind of bizarre partisan indignation continues so openly. You've just moaned about being forced to provide CLEAN WATER to your own population.

I don't mind paying taxes to support the police, the military, firefighters, roads. Most of those taxes are municipal or provincial, not at the national level. I would never support paying taxes to support lazy poor people who survive on welfare or to support druggies who are on opium.

Fully appreciated.

Ok so how about the majority who are on welfare through no choice of their own? Redundant due to technological advances and socioeconimic conditions?

Or those unable to work due to severe disability or ill health?

Or those in incredibly poor deprived areas with very little potential for employment?

Or from being hooked on state-sponsored opiods, treated as criminals by default rather than being helped to get healthy and get their lives back on track?

Why should people suffer for being poor?

Why should a minority of people abusing a system result in widespread vilification of the innocent majority?

I despair of this "I'm alright Jack, F you" attitude. I sincerely hope you or your loved ones are never struck down with a chronic or terminal illness and forced to quit working.

It happens - a lot. Are those people scroungers?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Good thing. Why sacrifice your personal rights and freedoms just so you can have a health insurance? I never bought health insurance. I'm 33 years old. I don't need one. Good thing in Canada the government does not penalize you for not buying a health insurance. You Americans really messed up under Obama.

Why would Canada need to punish you for not having health insurance? That would be a useless law since the entire country has health insurance through national funding. You pay for it with your taxes.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I'd take 1000 poor people abusing welfare over one millionaire or billionaire abusing tax laws or doing insider trading to scam millions and billions of dollars out of people. Strangely the former are derided much more severely than the latter even though the latter does FAR more damage to the system.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why would Canada need to punish you for not having health insurance? That would be a useless law since the entire country has health insurance through national funding. You pay for it with your taxes.

Americans pay far more taxes than Canadians do.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Which is strange since y'all have better welfare, but then again we also have things like the pharmaceutical companies lobbying the government to make it illegal to cross the Canadian border to pick up drugs for the cheap and instead are FORCED to buy the ones at the insanely marked up price.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: zupdo

just an FYI we built practically the entire western world since 1945 after the entire industrialized world imploded in on itself and is why we have been so prosperous and dominant in the market.

What nonsense.

I suppose we won world war 2 all by ourselves too.

Who paid for your primary and secondary education?

I assume your kids or future kids will have theirs paid for by you? You wouldn't be for education paid for by other people.

Or maybe you are only for other people paying for things you want or need.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Ok then. If I'm to pay for these things on the free market and you're not interested in them, let me propose this. I pay for these things. You, cannot use my bridges. Your child cannot benefit from my paid for natal care or education. Scientific breakthroughs are a thing of the past for you. You don't get to use the social security I pay for. Dig a well in your backyard and get your own water, because I'm paying for the clean stuff. Stay out of my natural parks. And you are banned from using any source of renewable energy.

I think we're on the same page now. Have a merry go f**k yourself

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

Ok then. If I'm to pay for these things on the free market and you're not interested in them, let me propose this. I pay for these things. You, cannot use my bridges. Your child cannot benefit from my paid for natal care or education. Scientific breakthroughs are a thing of the past for you. You don't get to use the social security I pay for. Dig a well in your backyard and get your own water, because I'm paying for the clean stuff. Stay out of my natural parks. And you are banned from using any source of renewable energy.

/mic drop

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Which is strange since y'all have better welfare, but then again we also have things like the pharmaceutical companies lobbying the government to make it illegal to cross the Canadian border to pick up drugs for the cheap and instead are FORCED to buy the ones at the insanely marked up price.

That's because the big government higher tax rate government solve every ones personal problems type of people such as your self continue to lobby to expand the size and scope of government for "altruism" enabling the ability for corruption to exist

So deluded

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you meant by that run-on sentence but the high cost of drugs has nothing to do with liberal principles and has everything to do with corrupt lobbying.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

We don't need the government to have roads and clean water YOU buy into the false pretense of big daddy government to provide you with these things because YOU are to lazy to get off your ass to solve these problems yourself

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok you have comprehension issues so I get it.

More taxes = bigger government

Government solving social issues = less freedom and bigger government

Bigger government and less freedom = more opportunity for corruption because government plays more of a rule in the economy and your life

Its really hard to understand but I think if you can actually sit there and consider that more government involvement = more opportunity for corruption... I think you can grasp it

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You have no right to take my money and force me to pay for things I don't care about!

Fine. Get off the streets and highways ASAP then?

You can build your own, right?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

Nailed it.

And a happy Brave New World year to all you wannabe-onepercenters btw!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Eshel

We don't need the government to have roads and clean water YOU buy into the false pretense of big daddy government to provide you with these things because YOU are to lazy to get off your ass to solve these problems yourself

Oh, how cute. You seem to think you know something about me. You're right though. We don't need the government to build roads or supply water. We can just pay for these out of pocket. Should we open a joint bank account to pay for it, or just give the contractor what we have and they can build them as they're paid?

But, of course, with ME being lazy and not getting off my ass, it's going to be difficult to get my checks out on time. Would YOU mind picking them up?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join