It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Host Chris Rock Shocker: Only Gays watch the Oscars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I bet he will be hammered for this one........but then I again I don't watch the oscars.......

HOST CHRIS ROCK SHOCK: ONLY GAYS WATCH OSCARS

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN FEB 13, 2005 21:06:25 ET XXXXX

HOST CHRIS ROCK SHOCK: ONLY GAYS WATCH OSCARS

ACADEMY MEMBERS ALARMED OVER CHOICE OF COMIC

**Exclusive**

Veteran members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have grown concerned over the choice of Chris Rock as host of this month's awards show, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Concern deepened after Rock claimed only gays watch the Oscars!

"I never watched the Oscars. Come on, it's a fashion show," Rock recently declared.

"What straight black man sits there and watches the Oscars? Show me one!"

Rock added: "Awards for art are f---ing idiotic."

MORE

Source

[edit on 13-2-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wow, my brotha got dis'n right!

I guess the Lifetime channel's Neilson ratings will drop that night.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You know what. I love movies. Not as much as when I was young, but even though I am more selective now, the true gems that come along each year are very important to me--films like "Rushmore," "Bottle Rocket," "Being John Malkovich," and "Adaptation" come to mind as recent films that are pleasing to watch multiple times and have the potential to become classics.

I have not watched an Oscar show for more than thirty years, even though my former girlfriend wouldn't miss one for the world--to this day, I imagine. Frankly, I don't care what anyone wears and can't understand why anyone else would, either.

I don't watch the Oscars for the same reason I have watched only one Super Bowl in some seven years. Both events are spectacles of wretched excess and egomania and I can read the results in the paper the next day without all the hype.

But, as far as Chris Rock is concerned, I think that he is exactly what Hollywood deserves. The government ought to step in and make it unlawful for anyone else to host the Oscars for the next forty years.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I do not like Chris Rock, but here I think he was going for humor...or at least I hope so. I am probally not going to watch the opening for the Oscars just because its Chris Rock hosting. I do watch the Oscars, and I am a movie nut.

To me Rock is just an angry black man looking for some attention by saying controversial things. I may be wrong, I don't know I don't watch him or listen to him.

new topics

top topics

join