It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We've Been DUPED, America!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

TBH, none of it makes any sense to me. Not unless they now go through the expense side of the budget and start making major adjustments in outlays.

There is enough tax volume in the US to fund the government while still lowering taxes. The fact we get a tax package that only feeds the revenue side of their equation doesn't make any sense, fiscally.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Move BACK to the USA.
I used to live in Detroit.

But honestly, in the end things sort of even out when it comes to the taxs.
As mentioned the free health care hear is a big bonus.
My kids get sick, they goto the hospital, im walking out with my wallet and not having to remortgage my house.
Health and dental benefits are supplied by my work. So after paying a $500 deductible during the year, all my meds are free.
Which is good, I had to recently get a cream called Protopic - which is supposed to stop vitiligo from spreading.
That tube alone would had cost $180. out of pocket if i didnt have medical coverage.
But since my deductible was payed about 3 months ago, I came home with close to $500 in medication for free.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

umm. if you are on stamps you are below poverty line and are stupid to pay taxes. we can file 0 on our income if its less than poverty level.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

% of earnings is important when we make bold statements. And yes the govt will go where the $ is, remember Romney and Warren buffet pay 15% income tax. Very low.

There is literally mountains of evidence that the top earners pay a majority of the taxes in the USA.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: seasonal

The problem is we need spending cuts.

And no one wants to be the one that bites that bullet.

Look at how many dems are saying a tax cut will be the end of the world.

Can you imagine the hysterics if someone actually tried to restructure Medicare or social security?

But until then, our future generations will c9ntinue to be saddled for our over spending.

Yep, you are right, spending is out of control. Tax and spend dems, ever since I knew about govt.

There is more than enough money generated through taxes, to take care of just about everything everyone needs.

The govt should not be in the biz of wealth redistribution or be an unlimited charity.

People used to want to go to the USA to Make money.

I don't think you can blame the dems for that. It's other factors, some subtle and some not. It has to do somewhat I think with 'secular stagnation' or 'economic stagnation' or 'automation' or similar. Power is moving away from individuals and families to business and government. The "little man/woman" are losing. It's increasingly apparent people are dependent on the institution to survive.

Teh government has power because individuals are losing it. It's not being wrenched from their hands forcefully.
edit on 12/21/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It was done at the last minute so that no one could actually figure out what was in it (including Senators and Congress who voted on it) before it was approved.

Donald Trump supporters don't care about this. They will support him to the end of the Earth, no matter what he does or says.

People like yourselves taking an active interest in this will try and convince regular Americans that this plan is bad for them, and will get the same "Deer caught in the headlights" lifeless stares and people telling you that you're definitely wrong that you get when you try and convince a flat earther that they're wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Got to vote for it to see what's in it.

The repubs and dems are mirror images of each other, both are equally sad.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If the Guy on a food stamp income doesnt even pay in $1200, how can you give him money back.

This isnt a Charity, Its our own damn Money we've paid in, you shouldnt ever get more than you paid in.
No matter how many kids, deductions, etc.
Why is it that people cannot understand this?

edit on 22-12-2017 by ChrisM101 because: splling

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
New tax plan... Awesome... I'll get just a little more back from my tax returns. Not so awesome when I realized what actually took place.

Here are the facts:

Current 2016 Taxes (Paid this year):

Trump Plan:

This is what happened when the HOUSE made THEIR changes:

Annnnd finally, this is what happened when the SENATE got their grubby little hands on it.

Lets compare them side by side so you can see what has me a bit pissed:

So you see... Trump threw some numbers out there that had me excited. Then the HOUSE made a few changes and I thought "hmm.. ok, not bad". Then those bas-tards in the SENATE got a hold of it and, well... You can see for yourself.

Look... I'm happy that I have to pay less taxes this year coming but it just tans my butt to no end on how this was done. This is the way "EYE" see it.

Trump throws us a bone. The House takes that bone and adds a little meat to it. Then the Senate takes it all away and gives us leftovers. Table scraps!!

And now the conspiracy side of me says.... It was all a sham and it was done exactly THIS way to make sure we would only get our scraps. It was done at the last minute to fool the regular folk into thinking we were getting more than what we had... much more. But, they bickered back and forth and waited till the last days of December where they KNEW something had to pass, so they passed CRAP!

I tallied some of the numbers for single payer tax deductions. This is how much extra you're going to save:

9525 @ 10% = 0

38700 @ 12% = 1161

82500 @ 22% = 2475

157500 @ 24% = 6300

200000 @ 32% = 2000

500000 @ 35% = 0?

1000000 @ 37% = 24000

- So why is it that the little guy (zero to 9.5K) gets nadda? So the guy on food stamps get's squat.
- The lower middle class get 1k.
- The middle class (myself) get's 2.4k.
- The upper middle gets OVER DOUBLE!!! Who the hell... why the hell?!?
- Then the lower upper gets 2k. Who cares. Like they need 2k?
- Then the upper gets squat. See previous statement.
- But..... the millionares get 24000 back! Ok, so they earned it but I SURE IN HELL can make better use of that money than they can. I can stimulate the economy far greater than they can/will with the same amount. Why? Because I'LL actually SPEND IT and I'll do it locally.

Fair is fair. I'll show the same numbers with the actual % changes. The numbers will make more sense.

9525 @ 10% = +0% change

38700 @ 12% = +3% change

82500 @ 22% = +3% change

157500 @ 24% = +4% change (WTF!! Why are these guys so important???)

200000 @ 32% = 1% change (They must have taken the extra 1% from this guy and tossed it to the guys below them)

500000 @ 35% = 0% ? (This lil piggy didn't get none?)

1000000 @ 37% = 2.4% change (This lil piggy cried we we we we we... all the way to the bank!)

So yeah... we've been duped. Looks like someone in the Senate (all of them) can't count and have no idea how to divy up the cookies. I know the US isn't known for the greatest mathematicians but CMON MAN!

Did you actually look at what you yourself posted?

Okay... so the "little guy" making up to $9525 is going to "get nothing". They are also not going to pay anything, after a Standard deduction of $12,000.00

And a massive number of folks are going to save about 3% over what they were paying.

Look... if we had a history of honest governance in America none of us would be paying anything... and we wouldn't have spent a century breaking s*it we were then forced to buy (other nations) and we wouldn't have expended oceans of blood and treasure being the planets cops either.

We would have citizens that could do math and demand their elected officials could do math as well... and we'd have a 4th Estate that wasn't as bought and sold as Congress, and we wouldn't be a nation that gave the worst shysters amongst us a blank check to spend money that didn't belong to them.

So... no... it's a tax relief package, not a fiscal repair package. It's temporary and doesn't solve the most pressing monetary policy we have... exponentially rising "health care" costs that are bankrupting the people and the government.
edit on 22-12-2017 by dasman888 because: edit

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChrisM101

If the Guy on a food stamp income doesnt even pay in $1200, how can you give him money back.

This isnt a Charity, Its our own damn Money we've paid in, you shouldnt ever get more than you paid in.
No matter how many kids, deductions, etc.
Why is it that people cannot understand this?

If we stop sending money to people who hate us that would be ok.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join