It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s a done deal: Congress wraps up massive tax package

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
After all the talk and debate, the tax legislation is finally passed and on the way to Trump.

The House passed it yesterday and the Senate after that.

Then the House had to pass it again today due to some legal "oversights".

And don't forget, the ObamaCare "Mandate" goes away too.

|| Now what? ||

It’s a done deal: Congress wraps up massive tax package

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Republicans delivered an epic overhaul of U.S. tax laws to President Donald Trump on Wednesday, bringing generous tax cuts for corporations and the wealthiest Americans while providing smaller cuts for middle- and low-income families.

In a re-vote due to a last-minute hiccup, the House passed the massive $1.5 trillion tax package that affects everyone’s taxes but is dominated by breaks for business and higher earners. Democrats call the legislation a boon to the rich that leaves middle-class and working Americans behind.

The vote was 224-201 and came hours after the Senate’s early morning passage along party-lines.

Republicans cheered when the vote tally hit the magic number for passage, and again when the final vote was announced. One Democrat yelled, “Do over!”

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
As I sit here waiting for Conservatives to realize that this means George Soros just got billions of dollars.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I can't wait to see Pelosi and Schumer try to put there names on it when they find out it's not killing everyone. 0 Dems voted for this. If I were a democrat, and saw how much money I was getting to keep, then I would never vote democrat again. I believe this will hurt the democrats in the 2018 elections by going against the needs of the Americans.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Live, Trump celebrates.
Edit: recorded earlier.

edit on 12 20 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

As I sit here waiting for Conservatives to realize that this means George Soros just got billions of dollars.

I think the capital gains tax rate may be going up ?

Not sure if this is still in the new "bill"....

The Republican tax bill will raise, not lower, your capital gains taxes. It also promotes mutual fund companies at the expense of individual stockholders

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22970824]Hefficide[/post

And the clintons. She couldn’t have done a better giveaway to Wal street.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I do my own taxes and know if they double the std. deduction I will pay 1500 less....
and then I see the libtards saying otherwise ?, either they live on a different planet or stupid as sh*t

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Math is hard
No feelings involved with math
I guess not many others do their own taxes

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
Actually Math & Engineering is easy, dealing with the ex wife is hard & difficult.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Yes? Please, go on.

That was a sentence fragment, sir.

Now, I would like to THANK MYSELF for voting for Trump and other Republicans the last 12 years to ensure things like this happen.

Why Dems can't come up with something that doesn't involve taking my money is beyond me.

I'm going to buy a 65" TV with my savings so my kids and I can further enjoy spending time together playing Rocket League in splitscreen!

Suck it Dems, WE WON TODAY!
edit on 20-12-2017 by Tempter because: Sp

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Couldn't top the trillion that the last guy gave them

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

We always win when republicans throw away the deficit and debt. We could win a lot of nice things if deficits and debt didn’t matter when democrats want to spend. Fools and liars.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It's the latter, they don't even know what they're "resistance" is anymore.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

How do you figure that?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Tempter

We always win when republicans throw away the deficit and debt. We could win a lot of nice things if deficits and debt didn’t matter when democrats want to spend. Fools and liars.

Where was that attitude for the last four years?? Sorry, complaining at this juncture only gets traction on those who want freebies and the like.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Math is hard
No feelings involved with math
I guess not many others do their own taxes

I won't really get a good feel for this Tax plan until I talk to my accountant in a few months. See what he says.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I love spending. Think how much could have been done the last eight years if corker and “deficit hawks” hadn’t care about deficits then.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I love spending. Think how much could have been done the last eight years if corker and “deficit hawks” hadn’t care about deficits then.

What the hell are you talking about?? You know perfectly well how much the deficit went up....with no resistance from the Republicans either. (Not Corker, not any of them.)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

We're 20 Trillion in debt last I checked and half of that was added in Obama's 8 years, so I'm unsure what your point is.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thank heavens and hallelujah !!!

this 1.2% is going to make me wealthy af !!

Good job guys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join