It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T to give 200,000 employees 1K bonus and invest 1Billion due to tax reform.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Looks good on paper. Swell gesture. The bonus is taxed at a much higher rate and AT&T gets a write off. So the employee ends up paying a more taxes and the corporation pays less. What a joke

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
For those that say tax reform will do nothing for the economy or middle class and only benefits the rich, well AT&T is proving you wrong before the bill is even signed.

The telecom giant said in a press release on Wednesday that it would give more than 200,000 U.S. union members a special bonus of $1,000. The company also increased its capital expenditures budget by $1 billion in the U.S.
AT&T's CEO said it was in response to tax reform.

Good on AT&T. I hope many more companies follow their lead.

CNBC

Fifth Third Bank just followed suit!

This is amazing...I am personally saving 4-6k and now so many working families are also gaining even more benefits.

CNBC
edit on 2017/12/20 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

The only ones not getting a bonus, are management. Everybody else, union and non-union, are getting it. It was in the article.

And I do agree with whoever posted that since the union does not support Trump, they should instruct their members to give it back in protest of his horrible tax plan.

That being said, as a union member...electrician...who shelved his card last year and went back to my original field of study....only 5 guys I worked with last year were for Hillary, the other 150 or so were voting for Trump for his tax plan, 2nd amendment stance, and his opposition to net neutrality (as electricians, we do a lot of utp and fiber work...so we understand the down falls of it. I actually worked for google for 6 months.)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
OMG the right wingers all getting orgasmic but showing desperate lack of tax law.

Employee bonuses are DEDUCTABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS the change in taxation means nothing wrt this bonus except as a publicity stunt for you idiots who haven't a clue!

Jesus H I'm suprised you lot can read.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Those idiots who are getting bonuses that they wouldn’t have gotten otherwise?
Win win, if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Yep, and remember that big thread about wells fargo ceo saying they would do nothing? Well seems we can move that to HOAX or LOL

Wells Fargo, meanwhile, also said it would be boosting its minimum wage for employees to $15 an hour, which was prompted by the tax plan. The San Francisco-based bank also said it would target $400 million in donations to community and nonprofit organizations next year.

Another bank, Fifth Third Bancorp will follow suit as well

Fifth Third Bancorp will pay more than 13,500 employees a bonus and raise the minimum wage of its workforce to $15 an hour after the passage of the Republican tax plan that will cut the bank's corporate tax rate.

source

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: theatreboy

Looks good on paper. Swell gesture. The bonus is taxed at a much higher rate and AT&T gets a write off. So the employee ends up paying a more taxes and the corporation pays less. What a joke

Pretty much, the masses don't care about the details, they only care for what they can see in front of them.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Yea, next time your employer gives you a bonus don't take it then.

The 1 BILLION dollar investment is also a pretty big deal but hey, keep on keeping on.

edit on 20-12-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If you think a bill passed this afternoon had anything to do with this, you're crazy.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor
If you think a bill passed this afternoon had anything to do with this, you're crazy.

Well the reason we think that is because

The telecom giant said in a press release on Wednesday that it would give more than 200,000 U.S. union members a special bonus of $1,000. The company also increased its capital expenditures budget by $1 billion in the
U.S. AT&T's CEO said it was in response to tax reform.

Did you miss that? It's right there in the OP.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I don't care what they said, do you ever think that a company would lie so that the Trump admin approves their merger? Everyone knows Trump is susceptible to flattery. Tell me how a law that hasn't even gone into effect yet causes a company to issue a bonus this year?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Regnor

If ypu read the article, it says "once the bill becomes law"

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

And if you read the article you'd see that the CEO is a longtime Republican donor. Propaganda is so easy. Throw a little money around and you have people believing anything.
edit on 20-12-2017 by Regnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Something tells me that your negative reaction to this is simply 'because Trump'.

Typical.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Now if only they weren’t working to actively destroy net neutrality, I’d be almost proud of them.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Yea, real money in people's hands, lower tax bill at the end of the year, a billion dollars of new investment at home, other companies anouncing wage raises, you know tangible things that actually improve people's lives. Those are just propaganda.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

I don't understand why anyone has a problem with rich people benefiting from this anyways. If I'm getting $900 more per year because of this, and the multimillionaire in the next town is getting $51,000 more per year, that $900 will help me more in my current budget and be worth more to me than that $51K is to the multimillionaire's lifestyle. Who cares if he gets more money now. It's his money that he owes to nobody.

What if I told you... that multi millionaire can have the same amount of expenses as you do. Just because they have more money than you doesn’t mean they spend more than you do.

If so that $51k is 50 Times as much helpful as your $900 let that sink in.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Everyone who is against the tax plan will (of course) give that bonus and the tax break money right back to government.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

...and this is why most of the news sources you quote are called "Fake News" by many of us. There's such a thing as taking reality for what it is and then there is rejection purely because the reality doesn't fit within your expectations, demands, or dreams... The reality here is that the CEO credited the tax cut for this bonus. Whether you personally accept or believe that is immaterial to anyone other than the individual staring back at you in the bathroom mirror every morning, it is reality that the CEO stated this and we have no logical reason to not take him at his word on this.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Everyone who is against the tax plan will (of course) give that bonus and the tax break money right back to government.

They should have put a voluntary additional 2% tax for anybody.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join