It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect shoots security officer then kills self at UC Medical Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Cincinnati Police said there was an active shooter situation in the 3200 block of Burnet Avenue, near University of Cincinnati Medical Center at around 2 p.m. Wednesday. The situation has not been cleared.

Cincinnati Police spokesman Lt. Steve Saunders said one officer was shot but did not give which department the officer was with or their status.

City officials said the hospital is on lockdown as officers work the scene.

active-shooter-near-uc-medi cal-center-report-officer-shot

Looks like might be an active shooter going on in Cincinnati..
edit on Wed Dec 20 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: replace title with current source title

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i don't think active shooter is considered news in America, it's more like a formality.

.. 'til next week...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

True as it seems to be happening at such a high rate.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So it's not an "active shooter" as of the posting of the OP, the shooter is "down" (unspecified definition of that word) and there are no active threats at this time.

Thanks for the post--I'm in the Cincinnati Metro area, so while I'm far enough away for it not to be my problem, it's close enough to pay attention.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Thanks for the update. Glad hear you would not have been in harms ways if it would have been a worse situation.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i don't think active shooter is considered news in America, it's more like a formality.

.. 'til next week...

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Why is this news?

America is the land of the gun. People buy guns for two reasons. To hunt game. And to shoot other people.

So, why is it newsworthy that people are getting shot?

Did he use a strange type of gun?

Was it a 3D printed gun, for example?

What's different and novel about this particular shoot that makes it "NEW...s"

?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Reports are made for the safety of the public--it's appropriate to let the public know that there may be a dangerous person actively using a firearm, especially on a medical or university campus.

And, yes, this is a rare occurrence in most places, where something like this is done at a public place, no matter how one wants to buy into the alarmism around the topics of firearm ownership in America.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

People are really watching events like these to add to the constant tally of white right wing gun owners and muslim terrorists.

Once the race, either way is revealed, everyone simmers down and starts referencing the charts.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
So it's not an "active shooter" as of the posting of the OP, the shooter is "down" (unspecified definition of that word) and there are no active threats at this time.

Thanks for the post--I'm in the Cincinnati Metro area, so while I'm far enough away for it not to be my problem, it's close enough to pay attention.

When I saw UC medical center I thought University of Cincinnati.

Scared me for a second.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Why isn't it just a regular shooting?,if guy shoots himself kinds of ends the drama,why it sucks if your security and don't have a gun,like a sitting duck

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

UC medical center is part of the University of Cincinnati and a stones throw from the main campus, basically across the street.

You live on the West side, right?

UC is basically county hospital so they are used to treating gunshot wounds and it's always full of cops.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Metallicus

UC medical center is part of the University of Cincinnati and a stones throw from the main campus, basically across the street.

You live on the West side, right?

UC is basically county hospital so they are used to treating gunshot wounds and it's always full of cops.

I live on the East side, but my daughter goes to the UC main campus.

I always worry about my little girl.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Why isn't it just a regular shooting?,if guy shoots himself kinds of ends the drama,why it sucks if your security and don't have a gun,like a sitting duck

For the same reason media doesnt report on the good things cops do on a daily basis.

Headlines grab ratings.

new topics

top topics

join