It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Suicide Machine Makes Death Peacefull And Painless

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I can think of a few people who would have loved to have one of these to stop the incredible suffering they went through to die.

Nitschke Is the Elon Musk Of Assisted Suicide

The new chamber was revealed by Philip Nitschke from Australia, and he has been called the “Elon Musk of assisted suicide”. The machine was revealed this week, and this was just a few days after lawmakers in Victoria had a vote on legalizing euthanasia. The device is said to simplify what Nitschke calls “rational suicide” and makes sure that the whole process of suicide is easy and very painless and is what he says is the optimal way to die.

It is a neat design..... all they are doing is replacing the oxygen in the chamber with nitrogen.. You pass out shortly and within a few minutes your are dead.. End of story or a new chapter begins; whatever ?

Assisted suicide is now legal in Canada, Colombia, Belgium, Luxemburg and the Netherlands, along with Victoria, now that the new law is in place. In the United States, only patients that are terminally ill are able to take the suicide route. In numerous states, two doctors have to verify how legitimate the request is.

www.disclose.tv...
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I dunno... it just doesn't have the flair of the MomCorp Stop-N-Drop booth...

In all seriousness though, this iPad of self termination is all very well, with its sleek design and all, but I cannot help but feel its utterly unnecessary to use all these materials to achieve what could be done with a syringe and a working knowledge of pharmacology, without the necessity to have a machine of any kind be involved. If a person now has the right to decide to die, then surely administering a lethal dose of something to the patient with as little fuss, drama, or material expense as possible, makes a damned sight more sense than putting them in a sealed machine, cutting them off from the world before they have even left it?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

One step closer to the Futurama suicide booths...

"Coming to exciting new locations soon, do not wait until tomorrow for your demise, simply insert life savings today at any one of our 5000 outlets, head back to the universe in comfort and style"..

RA

edit on 20-12-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This device or other methods should be made available to anyone over 21 who wishes to go! The choice of life or death should be down to the individual and should be a human right! It would put an end to messy suicides, acts of violence against others and those sometimes hurt caught up in another's suicide. If you want to off yourself then that should be your human right because it is your life and it does not belong to anyone else or any government only you!!!!

Self wacking in a painless manner will become the norm in the future!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I hereby abstain.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

syringe and a working knowledge of pharmacology

The problem with that TB is that the masters of this kind of death , the US justice system screw it up all the time . Time and time again so that path is a very tricky one to negotiate with any certainty .

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Imagine if they used this to execute criminals. The outcries of death chamber!, gassing the condemned!, aww the Humanity!!

But assisted suicide? free pass.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Personally, I prefer going out by repeatedly pushing the "Start" button on one of Woody Allen's Orgasmatrons I saw featured in his decades old "Bananas" movie. I was sure there was one right beside the Red Box at my grocery store....

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Even better, being an expensive machine, imagine the press coverage at the locations where people from all walks of life file in and line up to die.

Even worse, now that its in the public eye, watch how many people do it yourself at home with a garbage sack and nitrogen bottle.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My dad would have liked the option.
Apparently sitting and suffering while waiting to die is more humane.
Not to mention the wonderful medical bills that accumulated over the few months.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Imagine if they used this to execute criminals. The outcries of death chamber!, gassing the condemned!, aww the Humanity!!

But assisted suicide? free pass.

Outcries..? If criminals knew they could go peacefully, as opposed to botched chemical deaths, hanging, electrocution, there would be more heinous acts...

More outcries indeed, at least from those that can grasp the folly of using it for that.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What percentage of those using the device reported afterward that it was painless?

I didn't see that information...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Even better, being an expensive machine, imagine the press coverage at the locations where people from all walks of life file in and line up to die.

Even worse, now that its in the public eye, watch how many people do it yourself at home with a garbage sack and nitrogen bottle.

That was one of the first things I thought of too.. why pay for the thing when a bottle of nitrogen is not all that expensive.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Does suicide rule out the free will argument ?

people say they cant control their destiny but they can by killing themselves

or can they , I guess we will never know

Dunno bout anyone else id rather have a huge crazy dosage of shrooms or acid and just let me go out like that
edit on 20-12-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Better than jumping off a building and landing on someone.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
What percentage of those using the device reported afterward that it was painless?

TheRedneck
Surely if no pain was reported by the person offing them self or recorded before they went unconscious then that would be proof that it was painless.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Outcries..? If criminals knew they could go peacefully, as opposed to botched chemical deaths, hanging, electrocution, there would be more heinous acts...

I said the outcries from press coverage, not the condemned. Who cares what executed killers think?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

Wiki

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

That was one of the first things I thought of too.. why pay for the thing when a bottle of nitrogen is not all that expensive.

Yah, paper work, background checks and all.

Suicide Bag

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It's funny how the right wingers are ALL against big government except when comes to sex and personal rights.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join