It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton supported Jerusalem as capital of Israel says CNN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

First lady supports Jerusalem as capital of Israel

July 9, 1999
Web posted at: 4:48 p.m. EDT (2048 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, July 9) -- First lady Hillary Rodham Clinton says she considers Jerusalem to be the "eternal and indivisible capital of Israel" and will be an active advocate -- if elected to New York's Senate seat -- to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem.
In a letter that became public Thursday, Mrs. Clinton wrote: "If I am chosen by New Yorkers to be their senator, or in whatever position I find myself in the years to come, you can be sure that I will be an active, committed advocate for a strong and secure Israel, able to live in peace with its neighbors, with the United States Embassy located in its capital, Jerusalem."

www.cnn.com...

Amazing that a 1999 article on CNN ALLPOLITICS indicates Hillary's clear position on the issue. I commend her on this, but those attacking Trump over this should know that a President Clinton would've been no different on this issue.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Seems like a poised win-win for Jerusalem regardless of who got elected. Who could of possibly predicted such a thing? Probably just a coincidence

edit on 20-12-2017 by BloodStainedGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

First lady supports Jerusalem as capital of Israel

July 9, 1999
Web posted at: 4:48 p.m. EDT (2048 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, July 9) -- First lady Hillary Rodham Clinton says she considers Jerusalem to be the "eternal and indivisible capital of Israel" and will be an active advocate -- if elected to New York's Senate seat -- to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem.
In a letter that became public Thursday, Mrs. Clinton wrote: "If I am chosen by New Yorkers to be their senator, or in whatever position I find myself in the years to come, you can be sure that I will be an active, committed advocate for a strong and secure Israel, able to live in peace with its neighbors, with the United States Embassy located in its capital, Jerusalem."

www.cnn.com...

Amazing that a 1999 article on CNN ALLPOLITICS indicates Hillary's clear position on the issue. I commend her on this, but those attacking Trump over this should know that a President Clinton would've been no different on this issue.

Yeah but she probably changed her mind, forgot or wiped the email evidence

Its all right now

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It’s strange to me that Hillary is probably the most hated person on Earth...
& according to a great many people... Can do nothing right, and her entire philosophy is Evil...

Until she does something favourable to Israel.

All of a sudden, the criticism fades for a while, the hate disperses momentarily, and sometimes her most devout and passionate haters even say “yeah, that’s a good thing she is doing”...

& these people never put two and two together and realise that anyone, literally anyone who criticises Israel is not only derided, character assassinated, career destroyed or labelled an anti-Semite, with a guaranteed end to their Political career.

“Nah, it’s not strange.”.
These people can never elaborate on that without saying you must hate Jews...
Often times that’s actually an instant response, immediate shame tactic, trying to shut the person up before a discussion has even begun.

Israel are scum. Not the people... the leadership.
& not single political party or party member will ever say that, because they know it is the last political input they will ever have, forever more an outcast who will never have support for anything they try to bring forth.

So... is that right? Morally, I mean.

Does that consequence have a valid reasoning?
Or is there just too much influence coming from the rogue Nuclear State, who invented The Samson Option, designed to stop any and all events that may lead to an isolated Israel, whether it was their own terrible actions that caused such isolation or not.

Oh, sorry, I ranted and went a little off topic.

“Yay Hillary, I hate you, so much, and nothing you have ever done has been for the betterment of anyone but yourself, but for some reason I fool myself into believing you’ve made the right decision on only this specific topic.”

Get real people.

Edit: I’ll ask anyone reading this not to kindly reply, I’m not in the mood to debate my points, at all, and I don’t want you to waste your time.
Hillary has always sucked, and this just solidifies my belief in that.
edit on 20-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling and noted addition.

edit on 20-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Asking nicely, sos not to come across aggressive.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
America is and always will be a Christian nation, if you don't like it leave the country. And Hillary lost the election get over it.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Israel is our only true ally in the entire region. We need to do whatever we can to support them. The Jewish people have always been good people that deserve our respect and support.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The only people that dont support Israel are terrorists

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I’ll reply this once to Metallicus, because he probably didn’t see my edit.

The Jewish people have always been good people that deserve our respect and support.

This, to me anyways, goes without saying.

Jews are a very peaceful and kind people, very righteous too which is a trait I love most in people, and have done so many things to advance humanity despite being downtrodden so many times, it’s almost miraculous.
I find them to be remarkable.

Zionism? Not so much.

Israel is our only true ally in the entire region. We need to do whatever we can to support them.

Nope. Sorry, I couldn’t disagree more...
A fantastic GDP and they still receive billions in aid from you, the tax payer, who going by your post history do not even want to pay taxes to your own government.

USS Liberty??? What a great ally, amirite?

How about Iraq?
Your “greatest and only ally in the region” didn’t even stand up and join/help you.

I’m sure they had a very good reason for that. Right?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A good vid for context

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Everyone has claimed they supported Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.. the reason they haven’t officially done it, nor moved the embassy there, is because there is no win in it for america.. we can only lose.

It is one of those nonesense political moves that means NOTHING functionally, but could have major foreign backlashes..

Israel owned it reguardless..

The US was going to support them reguardless..

Isreal is kinda beholden to us reguardless..

In the words of the best strategic mind in history concerning ALL conflict...

NEVER EVER, EVER , EVER fight a battle with nothing to win..

Any conflict that comes from this TOTALLY irrelevant political move, will be a battle fought with nothing to win..

Trump claimed if elected we would get tired of winning..

Im still waiting on the first win for America.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Yes, hillary would have been different.

She would have continued the trend of every other president in the last 3 decades..

Pay lip service to both sides and don’t make a move that hurts you, without helping you..

Obama, bush , clinton , W. Bush all did that for a reason..

Usually you want a political gain, if you take a political hit..

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bobmurdoch

Lol.. does that include the 50% of isreal that doesn’t like Netanyahu’s conservative policies?!??!

You forget all their elections are the same 45-55% margins..

At any given time 45% of isrealies don’t supportthe usrealie government..

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobmurdoch
America is and always will be a Christian nation

No, it's not.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

It has been destroyed by the Babylonians and Rome and it is divided amongst Jews, Muslims, and Christians. Everything about her statement is utter complete nonsense.

It is a divided city and will probably be destroyed and reoccupied many times. It's in the bible Jesus said he won't return until every stone in the temple in Jerusalem is toppled, not one remaining on top of another. It could be from war or the ravages of time. Even in Egypt there are still stones on top of stones placed by man from 5000 years ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I understand the point your making and thought you might like this fact.
This is the wiki about the 1995 deal that specifically states that the USA recognizes jerusalem as the capital of israel.
en.wikipedia.org...

Let's hope no one complaining about trump likes bill.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Israel is not our ally.

How quickly we forget the USS Liberty.

We have no allies in the middle east. But it should come as no surprise that our politicians from all sides pander to Israel.

We should wash our hands of the whole region and let them sort themselves out.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

haven’t officially done it

Yes we have. In 1995.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: bobmurdoch

Lol.. does that include the 50% of isreal that doesn’t like Netanyahu’s conservative policies?!??!

You forget all their elections are the same 45-55% margins..

At any given time 45% of isrealies don’t supportthe usrealie government..

Rabin, the murdered PM was the last good one, imo. It was staged, if anyone had noticed.

Netanyahoo is the chosen bringer of the nwo along with those in his camp.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It doesn´t matter which oligarchs of the oligarchy/plutocracy/military junta said what about Jerusalem as Israels capitol, fact is:

This oligarchy/plutocracy/military junta is the only one, besides Israel itself, that is for Jerusalem as the israelian capitol.

And that has some good reasons, like the illegal annexation of east jerusalem by the israelis, for example.

srael unlawfully annexed East Jerusalem to its territory. Since then, and despite its incursion upon their home, it has treated the Palestinian residents of the city as unwanted immigrants and worked systematically to drive them out of the area. In June 1967, immediately upon occupying the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, Israel annexed some 7,000 hectares of West Bank land to the municipal boundaries of Jerusalem and applied Israeli law there, in breach of international law. The annexed territory greatly exceeded the size of Jerusalem under Jordanian rule (abou

B`Tselem

But yeah, the overseas oligarchy/plutocracy/military junta is even the best on the axis of the very, very, very, very good. This oligarchy/plutocracy/military junta reminds me to a wrong-way driver that asks himself:

Why are the all driving on the wrong side of the road, except me for sure?

Problem are not the from time to time changing rich puppets of the military-industrial complex, of the banksters, of everything but the majority of the people, in that oligarchy/plutocracy/military junta.

It´s the oligarchy/plutocracy/military junta itself, that creates such puppets to fool the people!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobmurdoch
America is and always will be a Christian nation, if you don't like it leave the country.

Care to back that up?

America never was, isn't now, and hopefully never will be a nation based on any religion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join