It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comcast, Cox, Frontier All Raising Internet Access Rates for 2018

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Internet is a luxury. Just ask the world.

...or any of us who grew up in rural western America in the past 2 or 3 decades. I admit that growing up without cable, satellite TV, no dial up, an hour from the nearest theater, hicks from the sticks style grants a person a certain perspective on what is a necessity and what is a luxury. I grew up fairly poor, but my friends who were better off lacked dial up, cable, an certainly nobody had cell phones. None of us ended up worse off from any of it.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: neo96

I expect it to double again. These arses are printing money and I'm really not cool with it. However, yes, it will be profitable.

LOL cable companies are in the wrong business.

@neo96 i honestly dont see them sticking around a whole lot longer. 5g might be what does it. its just not cheap or efficient to keep wiring up entire cities for things we can do much cheaper wirelessly

wtf is anyone else having trouble with qoutes on ats today?

No sir.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not everyone wants to see what they push.
All the new stuff, seems like more attention should be paid to older movies, classic TV, concerts.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
OH MY GOD!

$3.50!

Three dollars and fifty cents!

I'm OUTRAGED!

About $3.50!

God Damn loch ness monster

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with net neutrality.
I guess it was inevitable we were going to get a flood of 'oh my price went up - damn the end of net neutrality!!!!!' threads.

edit on 20/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Every time Cox Cable increased our speed, within 3-6 weeks they raised our rates by $3. They say "cost of doing business gone up". With on real competition in most markets, they can get away with increasing rates every 6-8 months. What Cox and other cable tv providers fail to realize, all these hikes will soon break the camel back, it will cause more people to cut the cord.
edit on 20-12-2017 by Echo007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: dug88

First off don't rent your modem......

It's a scam and a bad one at that.

Secondly, how did Net Neutrality stop that $8 A MONTH increase last year? Oh wait....it didnt.

2016 Comcast rate increase

Thank you. Also came to point out rate increases happen all the time. But NOW it's suddenly all because of net neutrality.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ok then:
arstechnica.com...

A Republican lawmaker is proposing a net neutrality law that would ban blocking and throttling, but the bill would allow ISPs to create paid fast lanes and prohibit state governments from enacting their own net neutrality laws. The bill would also prohibit the FCC from imposing any type of common carrier regulations on broadband providers.

Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) announced the "Open Internet Preservation Act" in a video posted to Twitter.

Seems to me the Federal government plans to put in even more overreaching laws that are not good for consumers and prempt state laws. But thats just removing government control right? By not allowing states to make their own laws.
edit on 20/12/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
They are raising their rates to try and compensate for the losses they deservedly got. Nothing has changed greed is still the main drive by the media. Taxation of this service has been laid by the wayside for now. Obama had great dreams of stiffing you the consumer for much more plus eliminating your free speech.
a reply to: dug88

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join