It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comcast, Cox, Frontier All Raising Internet Access Rates for 2018

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Screw Chicago.

We need the UN to come in and save us from cable companies charging us an additional dime a day.

The horror.

The horror.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
OH MY GOD!

$3.50!

Three dollars and fifty cents!

I'm OUTRAGED!

Regular increases have occured since 1980. Tv and internet are like addictive drugs. 20% increase would not cause much attrition.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: neo96

I expect it to double again. These arses are printing money and I'm really not cool with it. However, yes, it will be profitable.

LOL cable companies are in the wrong business.

Are they?
propsproject.com...
www.coinspeaker.com...
www.ccn.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Seems I remember a lot of the same arguments and hand wringing when the government deregulated Ma Bell several years ago.

Never have believed it was a good idea for the government to be in charge of anything...look at how disfunctional our government is. When Ma Bell broke apart they became baby regionals then eventually local entities and when cell service came out it exploded and you could find service at a strip mall for rather cheap.

With the rules on the net, there maybe some rough spots as they manuver but eventually new tech and competition comes along and everything is better off

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I think so.

Any blockchain offered by them is just another medium for them to charge us.

Until one day a new thread gets created to tell us all how they are screwing us over.

I really wish brokerages would follow suit with blockchain wallets like crypto has.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

That's the trick. They are playing VC in their role. Not putting their name on the cover, so to speak. Pretty sly if you ask me but as long as their name is attached, I will steer very clear.

You said they may be in the wrong business and I was just highlighting that they are already in it. It's gaining lots of traction.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There is ways around that.

Pass the cost on to cable companies via stock purchases.

Buy enough shares to offset your cable bill.

What I call zero cost living.

Basically using their own money to pay them.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
my suggestion, drop cable and just get 4g internet for now and let the traditional isp's suffer. the big increase im waiting for are from netflix, hulu, etc who will now have to pay their share aswell.
edit on 19-12-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

For an instance, I switched from uverse to direct tv very recently. Since I have my oldest son and mother on my cell plan, I had them cancel their cable and now they get "free" cable through their cell phones to their tv's through the direct tv app. So it may not have saved me any money really (although it is cheaper than uverse for obvious reasons), I have saved my mother and my son roughly 700 bucks a year - a piece.

Things are getting better if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Internet is a luxury. Just ask the world.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Internet is a luxury. Just ask the world.

NO WAY ITS A RIGHT!

Why isn't clean water a right? I think that would be a better place to start?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

tv might be that way i personally wouldnt know about the tv side cause i dont watch television for the most part although i do pay for it since its cheaper with my package to have tv internet and phone rather then just internet, go figure. im more referring to the internet side of things. like my area we have a few providers but none of them offer a like for like service. on the other hand the cell market imo is not a bad thing to base our isp's and television after. the amount of options are practically endless when it comes to providers. only thing they need to work on is their download limits before throttling your connection. i have to agree i love what television has done through the internet though. i can watch a plethora of shows that stream over the net like u as long as i have a cable account. maybe the television providers could offer another plan that only includes internet but gives u the ability to stream those channels that offer it.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Not sure where you live, but that seems to be the common option where I am. I do bundle the services which give me "discounts", but I only personally have cable because my wife likes it. Otherwise I would only have internet access and wireless - which is an option.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Netflix already raised the price for streaming....they say to make content better.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Netflix already raised the price for streaming....they say to make content better.

LOL.

Right.

If I'm not mistaken as long as I've been a member they've raised it twice now.

Content doesn't get any better.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

LOL.

Right.

If I'm not mistaken as long as I've been a member they've raised it twice now.

Content doesn't get any better.

twice but only once depending on when u signed up. i think its $14.99 now which they notified everyone about a couple months ago aswell prior to this being rolled back. at some point these companies do need to toss some money at the infrastructure they use a massive amount of and we will see our costs go up. what bugs me about this rollback is the isp's have essentially been given the green light to charge these companies there rightful share of costs so the isp's should technically be saving money reducing our bill, obviously not gonna happen when u have monopolies

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

We've only had it for a year....and a dollar doesn't seem like much....but it is 10%.

When I think of all the movies and shows that are NOT available....and the stuff on DVD is not on Streaming...and vice versa.....it sucks.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

It really does.

They should carry more stuff than they do and the repeated titles is wasteful.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
originally posted by: JinMI

I expect it to double again. These arses are printing money and I'm really not cool with it. However, yes, it will be profitable.

LOL cable companies are in the wrong business.

@neo96 i honestly dont see them sticking around a whole lot longer. 5g might be what does it. its just not cheap or efficient to keep wiring up entire cities for things we can do much cheaper wirelessly

wtf is anyone else having trouble with qoutes on ats today?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

OH MY GOD!

$3.50!

Three dollars and fifty cents!

I'm OUTRAGED!

That's 1/2 hour wage in Idaho my man..

think about that......

edit on 19-12-2017 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join