It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple married 69 years forced to separate days before Christmas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: silo13

Separating old people now and claiming it's for there own good.

Next thing you know it will be DNR for everyone over 50 and goodnight Vienna for anyone the state deems a burden to society.

And don't think it cannot happen considering our respective nations practiced Eugenic not that long ago, and really never stopped.

Brave new world my left bum cheek, leave the old souls alone.

I guess I agree, but how does the couple feel? If they support it, I don't think I'd want to stop it.

Also there're lots of homeless people who need more care than the homeless environment provides...

It's entirely possible this is merely insurance-related or something. If htey were moved from one hospital to another because the other hospital didn't have the tools then nobody would be questioning it.

I regret to admit I didn't read hte linked article :/
edit on 12/20/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

So, they supposedly consult with the members themselves, and with family, but here we have those people not wanting this, and some idiot social worker pushing it anyway? Why? And why right now??

Social workers are a menace.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If someone does not want to go, they cannot take them. Whom ever has power of attorney signed off on this. If there is no one in that spot they may have signed power of attorney to someone else, they can just tell that person they are fired and immediately their power of attorney ends....no paperwork needed. That is how the law reads for us regular people, maybe since this is a company they have special rights or maybe the place they are staying in has said they cannot give them the care they need.

We still have the right to refuse service from doctors if we do not agree with them. People can't fathom that but it is true. Just because a doctor tells you you should go somewhere doesn't mean you have to, they need written authority from someone like a child or spouse to do that, and that person authorizing it has to be lucid.

I do not know the whole story to this, but something can be worked out with this if the person making it happen is reminded of the laws. They also must be told they have to abide by the laws. Now if the place they are staying in does not have the ability to provide proper service for them, then they can say they have to leave, but this sounds like someone in an agency somewhere is showing their power...power they may not really have. Sadly to say, this kind of stuff happens a lot in this country to older people.

Here is the kicker, too, from the link -

Phillips said social workers assessed her father last week and decided he needed more care than was offered at Victoria Villa.

link

This isn't even being done based on recommendations from a doctor, but is being done over an "assessment" from a social worker!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

"I guess I agree, but how does the couple feel? If they support it, I don't think I'd want to stop it."

That in itself addresses any and all conundrums pertaining to the issue! And is the serious pertinent variable really.

"Also there're lots of homeless people who need more care than the homeless environment provides"

Yes, there are indeed in both our respective nations, around 280,000,300,000 in my own.

"I regret to admit I didn't read hte linked article :/"

Then do so! Else why comment??? Context is important.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join