It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS 'ARE REAL': ex-navy Pilot Describes Encounter With TIC-TAC-Shaped Extraterrestrial page: 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

A former commanding officer of a U.S. Navy squadron claims to have seen a flying object about the size of his F/A-18 fighter plane that resembled a white Tic Tac.

David Fravor said he saw the object after a break in a routine training mission off the California coast on November 14, 2004.

The former officer claimed the unidentified 40-foot-long wingless object moved rapidly, unlike anything he had ever seen in the air, and he has not forgotten it since.

UFOS 'ARE REAL': EX-NAVY PILOT DESCRIBES ENCOUNTER WITH TIC-TAC-SHAPED EXTRATERRESTRIAL

Well this is a interesting headline from newsweek. I am use to seeing headlines like this from fringe sites but news week is not fringe it a mainstream media publication.

Ever since the New York Times dropped it's ufo pentagon article it is amazing to see how many other main stream media outlets are picking it up and talking about ufos with a straight face.

New York Times Pentagon UFO

I am hesitant to say disclosure because that word has been done to death but this is a pretty interesting media trend.

CNN

CBS

Heck the media paying attention to UFO's have even got my parents talking about UFO's and they have no interest in such subjects.

WHat's your thoughts ATS?

* Mods sorry for the all Caps Headline I just copied and Pasted it from the original source.

edit on 19-12-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2017 by DrumsRfun because: SCREAMING CAPS DOESNT MAKE IT MORE REAL!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Set up for a bluebeam event?

Trying to throw the tin foil researchers off the trail?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Maybe it's a soft disclosure to see how the public reacts in order to decide whether or not to release more information.
In the original article, it mentions how the government has been hoarding materials recovered from UFOs in repurposed facilities in Vegas. If someone can divulge that and not immediately get suicided and pedophile'd, then the release of that information was purposeful.

Under Mr. Bigelow’s direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena.

There's just no way something like that gets out accidentally without massive blowback for anyone who so much as thinks about it. Had to be planned, imo.
edit on 12/19/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Ever since the New York Times dropped it's ufo pentagon article it is amazing to see how many other main stream media outlets are picking it up and talking about ufos with a straight face.

Why?

You have a new company looking for investors that was created that deals with the fringe sciences and you get all these news article about fringe events all the sudden?. Coincidences,disclosure, or is this someone marketing their new product to get some excitement out in the market place?

Sure it could be disclosure, but I like my odds better of this turning out to be another money making scheme.

BTW I find the stuff released so far much less spectacular than what Greer did with congress , before he went full retard.

If learned anything we know the press is more than willing to wh0re itself out with little to no credibility.

edit on 441231America/ChicagoTue, 19 Dec 2017 14:44:44 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Yes I have been looking at it as a soft disclosure to test the waters and gauge the larger public reaction.

This is nothing new to me because I have been deep down the rabbit hole but it's crazy to hear regular people talking about the subject with a straight face.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

So you see at a marketing hype?

Granted the I have seen better footage then the one showed what I find interesting is that the MSM is running with the story and people who have no interest in ufos are talking about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

So you see it as marketing hype?

Granted I have seen better footage then the one presented in the article what I find interesting is that the MSM is running with the story and people who have no interest in ufos are talking about them.
edit on 19-12-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Jordan Fabian of "The Hill" just asked the question at todays Whitehouse briefing.

thehill.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

So you see at a marketing hype?

Yes, it stinks of gorilla marketing tactics to me inorder to get the company a buzz going , without really releasing anything that we haven't known or heard about before.

I see nothing so far to get excited about.

1. Gov't researching unknown objects:
Why wouldn't they? Plus we had project blue book before> Plus unknown objects, means just that. It does not mean Aliens. Only TD and people associated with this new company are the ones playing with that angle. Regardless is not like we hadn't heard gov't officials in the past admit to believing or seeing UFO.

2. Ex officials coming out.
Has already been done. See greer disclosure above except they actually went to congress and weren't selling the public stocks to invest.

3. Gov't released videos with UKNOWN objects
Has been done before and can be done via FOIA .

i just don't see what the hype is about or TD except he is the new UFO messiah for the time being. I see more evidence towards a business venture than actually disclosing anything.

Like I said Greer impressed me more than TD so far , of-course that was before he went full crazy.

I'm also wondering how many have vested interest or have invested the $200 minimum in the company, hence the How dare you be skeptical mentality around here.

edit on 161231America/ChicagoTue, 19 Dec 2017 15:16:39 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

A sighting like this by a qualified Navy pilot of such an unconventional object flying in such an unusual manner is just about as good as the evidence gets imo.

Is he insane/lying? No.

And extraterrestrialism is as logical an explanation as anything else.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
this is like the 8nth thread about this

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Belief is a very important catalyst for reality. The more people focus on a particular subject, the more solidified that reality becomes - if belief sets in enough.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
How do you get from a guy seeing an unidentified object to aliens from space? How do you get from "tic tac" to extraterrestrial? Where, precisely, is the connection? You really cannot come to that conclusion from the evidence presented. And the evidence itself is an unfocused, blurry, indistinct object. That simply is not a 'logical explanation.'

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I agree with you 100 percent. The media put words into that guys mouth. He didnt say extraterrestrial just that hed never seen anything like it. Theres stuff going on in antelope valley 99 percent of the human population has never seen anything like before. And its not alienz
edit on 19-12-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sounds about right, but this so called evidence is primitive and tempted to even call it hoax material. Duh about the government paying attention to ufos thou.

Greer, is just milking this stuff for as long as he can he says he has more material, why not release it all?

Maybe needs another million in donations. Or donations period, the contribution numbers vs total donations look crazy....

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yeah man, when I read the title I immediately decided to look up this David Fravor because we've seen in the past false claims by people before when it comes to UFOs so I was thinking well lets see if this guy was actually in the Navy, let alone a commanding officer.

Doing a search yelled a bunch of MSM articles carrying this story, which like you surprised me as well. Then I found my proof this guy is legit on PBS, of all places. Apparently he's apart of some reality show series about shipmates being deployed overseas.

www.pbs.org...

David Fravor

Air Wing: VMFA-232

David Fravor has served for 22 years in the Navy and two in the Marines. He has participated in five deployments. During the deployment featured in CARRIER, he was commanding officer of Strike Fighter Squadron 41 (VFA-41), also known as “The Black Aces.” Currently, he works in California for Fidelity Technologies as a simulator instructor, teaching new pilots how to fly the F/A-18. He is a native of Ohio.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

To be honest. Bigelow is a billionaire, 22 million in investment is peanuts to him.

Why did the CIA choose him is my question, other than he was a friend of someone in the CIA.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sure. He was on the mini-series called "Carrier" which featured crew of the USS Nimitz. It was a good show. He was head of the air wing and retired as a Commander and went on to teach students to fly F-18's. No doubt he's a straightforward and competent pilot. His veracity is not in question here. The problem is the conclusion(s) OTHER people are coming to.

originally posted by: strongfp

To be honest. Bigelow is a billionaire, 22 million in investment is peanuts to him.

Why did the CIA choose him is my question, other than he was a friend of someone in the CIA.

It was a Pentagon contract. Bigelow has always been interested in this sort of stuff. Doesn't he now own the Skinwalker Ranch? IN any case, like any government contractor, he would pay attention to procurement contracts and jump on one like this because of his interest. Of course he has contacts in the military, but he also has a recognized track record in the field. The government basically hired him to do some research. The "deliverables" of the contract included reports on his research activities, much like a think tank would issue. I once worked for one of these outfits, which are called 'Beltway Bandits.' I worked for a company doing research for NAVSEA concerning facilities issues for Trident submarines.
edit on 12/19/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Or the CIA literally look at him as some tool

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join