It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There may be a volcano forming under New England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

“The upwelling we detected is like a hot air balloon, and we infer that something is rising up through the deeper part of our planet under New England...”

I'm hold back on the political or other commentary...while these scientist say it will take millions of years for this to form, I wonder, what would be the proverbial pin to pop this balloon?

Anyway, here's the link: bgr.com...

P.S. I'm not sure the Earth is so fragile...humans on the other hand...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

I caught this over the weekend, pretty interesting. I used to live right in the area not so long ago.

Millions of years...hopefully, they'd have to rename a few sports teams otherwise.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wouldn't be a great loss to the nation/civilized people. "They've been saying California, "will fall into the Pacific".. for years! Although, a lot of us have been expecting it, to do so? It hasn't happened. And we live with our faith "in science" and bible, every day. It's sad... I hope, upper N.Y. State makes it. Some good people and country there!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I knew digging in my garden would have consequences, but I never dreamed...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am not typically a skeptic, nor am I usually naive. However, if this volcano does not show up in time to reclaim Tom Brady and Bill Belichick into the firey chasm from whence they came, then I will direct my attention elsewhere.

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well there is one bright note, and that is that it could result in natural hot springs showing up, and usually initially they are nice and fine to enjoy.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I would love to see a map of the regions they are detecting this in (I live in Vermont), if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you for sharing this!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Let's hope it's under the stadium the Patriots play in.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Man, I could use a hotspring. It's been cold up here lately.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The first thing I thought of regarding this information was that there have been a few earthquakes in New England of late, a little stronger than normal.....one in Massachusetts and then one in Delaware. I do believe they're probably related.

Also, a volcano can come up almost overnight, as was the case with the Mexican farmer who plowed his field one day, and the next day there was great rumbling and a sudden volcano was in his field. It happens.

When night began to fall, we heard noises like the surge of the sea, and red flames of fire rose into the darkened sky, some rising 800 meters or more into the air, that burst like golden marigolds, and a rain like artificial fire fell to the ground.

mashable.com...

It can take a million years, or it could take a day or two. You never know. Definitely recommend checking out the story, it has wonderful pictures of the birth and eruption of this volcano, which came from nowhere.

The USGS has been getting slammed for downgrading or downright erasing earthquakes. So don't use that as your only source for activity.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

rising up through the deeper part of our planet under New England...

Oh hell no. That's where I keep all my stuff.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Way cool - and I don't care how long it takes - I want to see it!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Thank you for the link FS. Very interesting indeed.

I think people tend to equate the formation of volcano activity with a long period of time.

The pics of the aftermath of Pompeii: ( 2 of many below ) Shows how quickly Mother Nature is the boss of humankind.

Pompeii was an ancient Roman town-city near modern Naples, in the Campania region of Italy, in the territory of the comune of Pompeii. Pompeii, along with Herculaneum and many villas in the surrounding area, was mostly destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of volcanic ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79.

Researchers believe that the town was founded in the 7th or 6th century BC by the Osci or Oscans. It came under the domination of Rome in the 4th century BC, and was conquered and became a Roman colony in 80 BC after it joined an unsuccessful rebellion against the Roman Republic. By the time of its destruction, 160 years later, its population was estimated at 11,000 people, and the city had a complex water system, an amphitheater, a gymnasium, and a port.

The eruption destroyed the city, killing its inhabitants and burying it under tons of ash. Evidence for the destruction originally came from a surviving letter by Pliny the Younger, who saw the eruption from a distance and described the death of his uncle Pliny the Elder, an admiral of the Roman fleet, who tried to rescue citizens. The site was lost for about 1,500 years until its initial rediscovery in 1599 and broader rediscovery almost 150 years later by Spanish engineer Rocque Joaquin de Alcubierre in 1748.[1] The objects that lay beneath the city have been preserved for more than a millennium because of the long lack of air and moisture. These artifacts provide an extraordinarily detailed insight into the life of a city during the Pax Romana. During the excavation, plaster was used to fill in the voids in the ash layers that once held human bodies. This allowed archaeologists to see the exact position the person was in when he or she died.
en.wikipedia.org...

Des

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Better tell Gronkowski to stop 'gronk-spiking' all those TD passes from Brady, he may set it off!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

like gold marigolds, huh? sounds lovely. yes, thank you for your insight

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No. Not a volcano.

When you think of New England, you definitely don’t think of molten rock or volcanoes. Can you describe what this giant blob is for our listeners?

Yes, with pleasure, except I would appreciate an opportunity to push back on the molten part of it, because it’s not. It is warm. It is definitely rising, but it by no means is molten. Geophysics is a science of seeing inside the earth by various means, and I use seismic wave propagation – waves from distance earthquakes. We can tell that the area beneath New England is warmer than the nearby regions. We definitely don’t think of the interior of our planet as molten everywhere. Of course we have volcanoes, but they’re much closer to the surface. This region is just hot.

nhpr.org...

What was discovered was an upwelling of rock within the mantle. It is not magma and it is beneath the lithosphere.

For geology nerds

edit on 12/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Let's hope it's under the stadium the Patriots play in.

Right. That's the only chance the rest of you also-ran teams have.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Now that's interesting....

Not much to say, other than I'll bet they hope it will take millions of years. Not so sure myself.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Whatever, the Chiefs took care of business in Foxborough this year.

top topics

join