It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Boeing Phantom Works UAV unveiled

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So that trailing edge is the same picture I was calling the new B-2 wing.....Back when I was watching at night with the pvs-14 by Armasight ground tracking to Sherman Texas for a calibration. Read that here on ATS....

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
No sure it is not, but do you think that F-18 with a mini tanker will do the job when it will encounter fleet of long range stealthy fighter like J-20 ? at the same time the F-35 C is note realy optimised for air superiority mini tanker or not , I don't see MQ-25 be a solution for the problems in Pacific , with the balistic anti-carrier missile. The solution I think is more putting money on long range plane like B-21 and enhanced the range of F-22 air superiority fighter in a time of budget trouble.

edit on 19-12-2017 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

What trailing edge? All they've shown is the vertical fin setup and the wing root.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

If you can't see what organic tanking does then you haven't been paying attention. So what kind of range do you want for your long range fighter? Four thousand miles? Six?

Just how far do you think a J-20 can fly? Or a J-16?

As for the DF-21, irrelevant. They weren't going to get within range of the Chinese coast without requiring tanker support anyway.
edit on 12/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Wouldn't it before accurate to say the uclass program was hunted down, shot in the head multiple times, then declared a suicide, then the corpse was taken out and zombified, then shot in the head again and then buried in a pet cemetery at midnight while the navy brass sacrificed a black goat in a pentagram while chanting dark and foul things about the mothers of the engineers that dared dream to design such an abomination while stroking their fighter shaped fetishes and praising our favorite f-35 hating website in muttered utterances between their chants?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Pretty much..Im suprised Boeing did the exact thing as NG..Use an existing platform and put a fuel tank in it..Bigger balls I wonder or less common sense.

altered their UCLASS design and turned it into a tanker.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sorry, but, once again I've just gotta say it, "Zzzzzzzzzzzzz."

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

And you're gonna be disappointed every time something comes out.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I’m really hoping they do the deck testing on the Eisenhower. I’ll be there in February and then we start workups. I didn’t get to see the UCLASS trials but our training up to deployment should coincide with deck testing.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: truttseeker

There were no UCLASS trials. It was killed before any aircraft were built, let alone put on a deck.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My bad. X-47 tests. But I remember watching them crane it onto the Truman. Super cool.

One of my buddies was on the nimitz during f-35 testing.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
No sure it is not, but do you think that F-18 with a mini tanker will do the job when it will encounter fleet of long range stealthy fighter like J-20 ? at the same time the F-35 C is note realy optimised for air superiority mini tanker or not , I don't see MQ-25 be a solution for the problems in Pacific , with the balistic anti-carrier missile. The solution I think is more putting money on long range plane like B-21 and enhanced the range of F-22 air superiority fighter in a time of budget trouble.

ahh a cinese cheerleader. df-21 has a glaring weakness. sattelite gps being jammed. or losing the visual by blinding them.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
No, it is just that since a decade nothing realy exciting , come in light , so this time it was a little exciting and what come out , another UAV less exciting than the X-47 B. The las time we saw something interesting was the X-37-B and the F-35 since that we can't say we was realy exciting by something. If it was a XS-1 demonstrator it will be different or something new with new technology and realy a game changing. I hope the B-21 come on the ramp soon , for this time drinking Champagne and speaking high on it

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Yes, I know. If it doesn't do mach 12, shooting lasers and rail guns it's not interesting. I get it. Get used to being disappointed in everything that rolls out. For a long time to come it's going to be either "just another boring UAV" or something that doesn't come from a Sci-fi movie.
edit on 12/20/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Nope ,I think B-21 will do the job no need for mach 12 airplane . Shooting laser will be fun too

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Ah gotcha, I'm a noob when it comes to aircrafts, other than those things they tend to call balloons or swamp gas lol.

Thanks for the correction

Did someone mention balloons and swamp gas?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Bird watching

I'm suprised that not one photo of the entire aircraft has leaked to the internet.
edit on 20-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The only people that have seen the entire aircraft are Phantom Works employees. They're not about to leak anything.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Bigburgh

The only people that have seen the entire aircraft are Phantom Works employees. They're not about to leak anything.

well we seen the front. we seen the back covered. using some programs we can extract a total image. im not gonna do it but its possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join