It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Believing Their Own Lies.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Uh, yea.....I seriously doubt that's true. I haven't really parsed through the tax bill and I wll if they ever pass anything. If I'd been doing this, I'd have taken slightly different tack. And I seriously doubt workers will get much in the way of raises. It might encourge more investment in plant and equipment which could mean that as people are layed off out of other jobs replaced by automation, maybe there will be new jobs for them to go to.......for a while anyway.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

It is now the anti peace, anti rights ( except abortion murder of those who cannot defend themselves), anti love, anti American, and anti anything that President Trump says or does.

There's a whole lot of truth in those words. Sorry to break in, but I was impressed by what you typed. Just the other day I was reading an article wherein the author was asking what ever happened to the peace movement. It is a world gone mad.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Its the politics of Trump voters that I think suck, not they themselves.

This is precisely why I have such a great deal of respect for this individual. Clearly OSOTC recognizes this is a political debate/disagreement, and not personal attacks on voters of any group

Our precise views (usually) don't align perfectly, but that core belief sure does

Flag + star from me
edit on 12/19/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Then why is trump, congressman, norquist saying it’s part of the tax plan?
Probably Another example of trump and repubs believe their own lies.
Gullible me.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Do you not have anyone to drink with and bitch about these things too? Seriously....

edit on Decpm31pmf0000002017-12-19T16:52:21-06:000421 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

If it is the politics and not the person why a title that reads....

"Trump Supporters Believing Their Own Lies."

Lies about what? How we feel about our country?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The statement in the title is not a personal attack it’s a political attack.

It seems some really struggle with separating the two.

I am pointing out for example that I have seen many Trump supporters quite literally believe something called Trump Derangement syndrome exists. When the truth is that this was just made up. Yet I have seen individuals online who believe it’s real, they are believing a lie told by their own political peers that only exits to discredit the opposition as if it were true.

Again it’s a attack on your politics not you as a individual

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Ok, so lies about what? That is the disconnect for me? What would a person who voted or supported Trump be lying about if it is about politics?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

However, I think what we are seeing with Trump supporters is reaching a new level, it’s like they have created their own propaganda and are the only ones who ironically believe it.

This is rather ironic coming from you no?

www.abovetopsecret.com... That was a fun one.

www.abovetopsecret.com... That was a gem.

And can't forget this one! www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who again is falling for the propaganda (poopaganda)?

Then there's this from the OP here:

The right, the Trump supporters have coined this new medical condition known as “Trump Derangement Syndrome” to describe the mental state of anyone who does not worship the ground their orange god walks on. I have honestly read some people online who seem to belief that this is a genuine mental health condition.

Your going to take this the wrong way OSOTC, but maybe, just maybe, you are a little too consumed by the whole Trump is President thing. Hear me out.

We ALL get that you don't like him or the result of the election. But seriously, how has your life changed by him being President?

You can be mad about the election, Hell I was mad for the last 8 years, but you being mad won't solve any of the issues you want to resolve.

Name calling and all of that? It was cute for a week after the November Election but seriously, stop with that. You are not helping your cause by such actions. Try to have rationale debates about specific topics about your disagreements with Trump and his supporters.

Oh.....and stop all the bashing, insulting and hating of your fellow American voters who disagreed with you, ok? I've lost friends and relatives due to their inability to get along with someone (me) they disagree with politically. How Stupid Is That? It still astounds me that a year later, they still don't talk to me.

The continual "Trump voters are stupid" mantra had GOT to STOP as well. Please. We are your friends, neighbors, relatives, parents of children at the same school ect. It's sad that you and your side have reduced our relations to politics. I'd still pull you from in front of a moving car, I can't say the same from some on your side of the aisle by their vitro towards us.

Hopefully you take this constructively.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Getting a little tired of that.

Look I write a lot of anti-Trump threads, in all of these threads I have quite a lot of members attacking me and at times I might say something that comes out wrong or that is not put as best as it should be.

Nows what is 100% off topic, its only ever used as a quote to discredit me, to launch a personal attack against my integrity.

I have over 10,000 posts on ATS, I do not stand by all of them over time my views change.

I actually wrote a thread where I kind of set out my views on removing Trump by force more clearly,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now like I say, its off topic, has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

cheers for you mate, but what's your point? why do you think our President will do anything bad to you? Yer on yer nice likkle island britain foh-truss. Wots yo problem gov?

Why waste so much energy on this? it's not really your problem.

I applaud how he is handling immigration (my wife is a green card holder and she supports him too) , I like how he is handling the economy (it's up), I like how he is not afraid to take on the ungodly super horrible cess pool that is DC and is currently winning RE the tax plan. Anyway,

Why?

best

Chris

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Whatever happened to that less eloquent copycat thread?

It was lame.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Interesting, so you are so fanatical in supporting Trump, that you would argue the point so far as to have family members not talk to you, over what amounts to nothing more than support of you're preferred political party.

Is this not the point of this OP?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: visitedbythem

It is now the anti peace, anti rights ( except abortion murder of those who cannot defend themselves), anti love, anti American, and anti anything that President Trump says or does.

There's a whole lot of truth in those words. Sorry to break in, but I was impressed by what you typed. Just the other day I was reading an article wherein the author was asking what ever happened to the peace movement. It is a world gone mad.

Man, get real. There is and never will be a true peace movement or true peace.

Do you study human history at all?

Nothing has changed.

No wishy-washy hopes or even the UN will change that.

The world has not gone mad my friend, the world has been staying the same for millenia.

It's called nature. Believe or not, humans are part of nature. We break things, we kill everything and so does every other entity on this earth. It's called survival. And if you have some dream in the sky about conserving everything, or changing their behavior, it's only going to get you sadder zoos than we already have.

Hit me back bro. I hate those terms but it seems to resonate most with those present here.

Chris

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: JBurns

If it is the politics and not the person why a title that reads....

"Trump Supporters Believing Their Own Lies."

Lies about what? How we feel about our country?

The implications of that title are two fold.
One:Trump supporters are somehow broken, either we lie or we believe our lies.
Two: The Non Trump side is virtuous and True.

A Year after the fact and still one side hasn't got over this basic stumbling block. How do you expect to move on from this when you don't really accept that your side lost. You haven't got over acceptance yet. Can't do much till that happens and our country needs both sides to work towards common goals.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Interesting, so you are so fanatical in supporting Trump, that you would argue the point so far as to have family members not talk to you, over what amounts to nothing more than support of you're preferred political party.

Is this not the point of this OP?

No! I begged them not to keep making it an issue. Why do you assume it's me trying to change their political opinions? I love my relative and our friend who disowned us.

We even went to our friends mother's funeral to pay our respects. They gave us the cold shoulder and as an added bonus a Thank you card mailed to us with an extra whole page about how they can't be around us and be our friends anymore because we disagreed on who should be President. How messed up is that. These were decades long friends who we went on vacations with.

We weren't and aren't the ones burning the bridge here.

Tell me, who is the fanatical one in my situation, the one who likes someone for who they are or the person who can't be friends with someone because of their vote?
edit on 19-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I'm not assuming anything, I'm going by your statement.

I have no idea what transpired other than an obvious disagreement over political leaning.

To me it sounds messed up that family members and long time friends can make a disagreement on who should be president a personal issue.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
To me it sounds messed up that family members and long time friends can make a disagreement on who should be president a personal issue.

Yet that's what happened. And it happened from the Hillary side of the debate not me. Bernie, Johnson and Stein people we still hang out. It's the Clinton people who can't stomach being with someone they disagree with. I've seen and heard it happen dozens of times to people. Explain why it is her supporters specifically that seem to have this issue?

This is a year after the fact.....they aren't going to change unfortunately.
edit on 19-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join