It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Believing Their Own Lies.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
keep stirrin'

People who stir the shi!t pot should be made to lick the spoon.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Weeeeeeeee, here we go again!

We should just skip to the end where X has killed less than Y so they are better by default.

Just what the OP's point is...everyone can accept and postulate anything...except that this President is an abject failure in just about every which way. That's not easy.

I thought getting rid of 'isolationist' Bannon would make some difference, but it hasn't really, but then Bannon's view of Trump as a useful idot didn't go down too well with Trump, so he got rid of him...now all that's left is not useful at all, just an idiot....ogling his own mirror, and playing tweety pies, while his staff engage full time in damage limitaion.

(post by jimmyx removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

And here we are.

A poster that wants people who favor tax cuts to die, and alleges that all republicans hate the poor.

Luckily I know many on the left that are quite reasonable and do not wish death on those that disagree on tax policy.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It is not much different than the disillusions we witnessed with the Obama Hope and Change crowd.

They will tell themselves anything they need to in order to justify their support for the man, even though it goes against their better judgement or common sense.

What's most concerning in the absolute lack of honesty we see from these people. Political debate, while it would still be heated and passionate, used to have an element of honesty in which people would concede on points in which they were obviously wrong or misinformed.

Nowadays, they just deflect and do whatever they can to weasel out of having to admit they are wrong.

Shows a severe lack of character among many these days. Quite sad.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

And here we are.

A poster that wants people who favor tax cuts to die, and alleges that all republicans hate the poor.

Luckily I know many on the left that are quite reasonable and do not wish death on those that disagree on tax policy.

so....show me all those wonderful republican legislative programs and actual laws, that helped the homeless or the poor?........by your tone above, I'm such an idiot that I haven't seen this outpouring of republican sympathy and love for the underclass.....please, we clueless on the left, want to see the sweeping legislative progress made by republicans in the last 40 years helping the underclass

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
This can be seen time and time again, Trump supporters believe their own propaganda, they seem to be the only ones who belief the BS that they are shovelling. I keep reading them harp on about how must the economy has been boosted under Trump and unemployment is down. Yet they never seem to address the fact that this has happened on the back of the Obama administration and in an economy, that is still working under largely Obama era economic policies. It is a lie to claim that it has been Trump who is responsible for this boost in the economy, again however it’s a lie that only the Trump supporters seem to belief.

Usually I would tend to agree with you that the current state of the economy is a culmination of everything up to it. However, there is proof that the growth is fueled by Trump.

www.nbcnews.com...

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Pretty sure the last time we spoke you asked me to point out a time that you've ever used a large brush to paint Trump supporters, as if I was pulling it out of my ass and you were totally innocent..

*Looks at thread title*

Honestly, I've come to accept that your threads are nothing more than little emotional rants because you need love the attention. Its so very predictable.. paint Trump supporters with a large brush then play the victim when people call you out on your bs.

Really, are you still this oblivious as to why many of us don't take you seriously anymore? You also said that you shouldn't be held accountable and that it's unfair to bring up your history to use against you, really? Sorry, but LIFE doesn't work like that otherwise you never-Trumpers wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Think about it..

But here you go...

edit on 19-12-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

we clueless on the right, want to see the sweeping legislative progress made by democrats in the last 40 years helping the underclass, cause the growing numbers of poor say they missed the boat as well. (civil rights act was 1964 outside your 40 yr window)

I ask because over the last 40 years republicans only controlled about 18 years in the house and 18 years in the senate, and as I mentioned earlier middle class is shrinking and the number of poor is rising.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
A lefty will only see what they believe through experience and ignore all else. So if you grew up in a nice middleclass enclave where foreigners were educated kids from other middleclass families, you'd think it unfair to keep immigrants out.

If you grew up where you had to work hard to gain where you are and had a lot of run ins with gangster culture, got hurt or cheated and you see how they get priority treatment, yeah, you turn right.

Both are right. Their opinions formed from actual experience.

i honestly do have to take some issue with this... i grew up lower class, in a nearly completely white community. i went to higher ed in an area that was racially mixed but hardly a 'nice middleclass enclave'. i moved to a city that was even more racially mixed but again, no enclaves.

there are plenty of working class liberals who have seen 'gangster culture'. this 'ivory tower liberal' bears no more relation to most of us than the millionaires do to the majority of conservatives.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

HELLO, POT, MEET KETTLE.

Trump Supporters Believing Their Own Lies.

No, really?

Here's another banner headline for you all...

Trump Opponents Believing Their Own Lies.

So, here we are, again. Or is it still? Probably the latter.

The never changing refrains from both sides of the spectrum... "Your lying!!" "No, you are!!" "Nuh-uh, you are!!" Crying, "Mommy, they said mean things!!", they scream simultaneously.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the true power brokers are laughing all the way to the bank. Literally and, maybe worse, metaphorically. Metaphorically, meaning they just make appointments with their pet legislator to make "suggestions", and the beat goes on... Oops.

Y'all, on both sides, need to take a step or twelve back. None of your houses are made of stone--they are, as the saying goes, made entirely of very old window glass.

But, hey, carry on, and I know you will.
edit on 12/19/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I never called you an idiot, nor democrats.

My contention is that there is a case to be made for tax cuts helping everyone.

You disagree.

Fine. But then you wish death on those you disagree with.

Thqts ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23
I'm not a big fan of Trump, but Obama was the a pathological liar, totally incompetent (no experience as a leader, ever) and he was the most arrogant person on the planet. After 8 years of Obama, I find Trump and his team very refreshing--and I realize how our media has turned into pure propaganda. I now deplore politics, but I despise the mainstream media, which Obama Zombies still adore.

Thought your post was worth repeating. Bold is mine just wanted to highlight how well you sized it all up/mirrored our exact feelings. Couldn't have said it better.

We were diehard democrats from the Chicago area. After voting for Obama we felt betrayed by his lies, total lack of transparency and condescending attitude. Hillary's ignorant "cloth wiping'" "deplorable" comments sent a clear message we'd be in for more of the same.

Huge mistake, we couldn't run from the democratic party fast enough. We don't even recognize the party anymore. Using the MSM as a tool for rabid opposition campaigning is beyond the pale. Had they not been such blatant, outright liars, I could've given them a pass, seen it as a normal election cycle. They've gone full retard zealot and I can't support that.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: kurthall

NPR? American Progress?

You do realize that by promoting this crap you are actually ADDING to the number of people who will vote for Trump in 2020?

You can read the same quote from her BOOK......So if you want to not believe what his ex said that is up to you. The lawyers have it very well documented. There are plenty more sources.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I never called you an idiot, nor democrats.

My contention is that there is a case to be made for tax cuts helping everyone.

You disagree.

Fine. But then you wish death on those you disagree with.

Thqts ridiculous.

so...do you and your kids live close to, or downwind from, a refinery?... do you live in the poor section of flint where polluted drinking water was deliberately pumped in, by directions of the republican state government?.....do you live in a downstream drinking water town where duke energy has pumped pollutants upstream into it?.....do you live in Texas where billions in federal taxes were sent in to help the people due to the hurricane, and the republican state government has no records of who or where that money went to?.....republicans in the house and senate are including "1 trillion over 10 years" budget cut to medicare and Medicaid in the 2018 budget.....so, how many wealthy republicans or their families will be permanently hurt or possibly die by any of the above?......and yet, all of this is happening or has recently happened......so my conclusion is....as long as wealthy republicans or their families don't die or become permanently injured, they don't care and it won't change.
edit on 19-12-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What does my personal finances have to do with you wishing death on people?

If I prove I am poor, am I to be spared of your calls for death?

edit on 19-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory

originally posted by: Zoyd23
I'm not a big fan of Trump, but Obama was the a pathological liar, totally incompetent (no experience as a leader, ever) and he was the most arrogant person on the planet. After 8 years of Obama, I find Trump and his team very refreshing--and I realize how our media has turned into pure propaganda. I now deplore politics, but I despise the mainstream media, which Obama Zombies still adore.

Thought your post was worth repeating. Bold is mine just wanted to highlight how well you sized it all up/mirrored our exact feelings. Couldn't have said it better.

We were diehard democrats from the Chicago area. After voting for Obama we felt betrayed by his lies, total lack of transparency and condescending attitude. Hillary's ignorant "cloth wiping'" "deplorable" comments sent a clear message we'd be in for more of the same.

Huge mistake, we couldn't run from the democratic party fast enough. We don't even recognize the party anymore. Using the MSM as a tool for rabid opposition campaigning is beyond the pale. Had they not been such blatant, outright liars, I could've given them a pass, seen it as a normal election cycle. They've gone full retard zealot and I can't support that.

That's because the Democrat party has morphed into something else. Those are not Democrats anymore. It is now the anti peace, anti rights ( except abortion murder of those who cannot defend themselves), anti love, anti American, and anti anything that President Trump says or does.

They are pro mental illness. In fact, they have been having a full blown mental break for the last year, since their house of of smoke and mirrors collapsed down around them...... Go

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

What does my personal finances have to do with you wishing death on people?

If I prove I am poor, am I to be spared of your calls for death?

nice try.....but, you are smart enough to know the context of my exaggeration

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
It is a lie to claim that it has been Trump who is responsible for this boost in the economy

I see you are either unlearned of, or living in denial of the concept of confidence and its impact on markets. But please, by all means, continue your exercise in criticism of things you know jack squat about.

We understand.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Yea, I kinda think that you and those like you well, really don't give a crap what happened 20 or 30 years ago. Things change, people change., circumstances change.....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join