It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Believing Their Own Lies.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Mirror mirror on the wall...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Now please address the points made in the OP and not me as a individual.

I think what you alluding to is the problem with the partisan divide in this country. On the left, people tend to believe in data as being independent of the messenger. On the right, the right wingers always attack the messenger as having some ulterior motive and that the data must be wrong if it doesn't fit their preferred narrative.

The left attacks the right with ad hominem attacks because people on the left think the people are the right are bunch of loud mouth a holes for making it personal rather than impersonal. The people on the right then just claim the left is being hypocritical.

And people on the right value who is in "authority" more than people on the left. People on the right believe in STRONG leadership. People on the left believe in having strong public policies over strong leadership.

People on the right tend to favor businesses, corporations, and business owners over the workers. People on the left tend to favor the workers and worker rights. But the right makes a fair criticism in that many leaders on the left only say they are pro-labor but in reality are corrupt and self-serving. But my opinion, corruption is always a problem on both sides. Just because the left has corruption doesn't mean pro-labor policies are all bad.

So there you have it. People on the right prefer authoritarianism. People on the left prefer egalitarianism. People on the right want to preserve the status quo. People on the left want to fight for equality. I doubt the partisan divide is going to go away anytime soon.

Bernie Sanders and 15,000 to 20,000 people show up at his pro-labor rallies. I imagine it is only going to get worse as wealth inequality in this country continues into the abyss.

edit on 19-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Op dont be so hard on the trump cultist, its that time of the year where fox news tells them there is a war on xmas, you should also have more compassion with the whole holocaust againts white people goin on in there heads, its real and its yugelly terrible.

edit on 19-12-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Believing or trusting in any politician is probably a mental illness. Unless of course you are a friend or relative of them. Even then, they have to follow the rules and practices of politics. They make deals to get what is good for their voters, deals that sometimes are bad for their own voters.

I no longer believe in the Liberal outlook on our economy. We need to go back and start our own manufacturing jobs here in America. Not everyone's kid can be a computer scientist or medical professional. Does that mean they should work in McDs with no benefits and not a living wage? Factories making things our society uses in everyday life help to give livable wage jobs to our people. A consumer based society cannot work on the scale of the USA.

We cannot afford to have more people in the medical industry either. We can't be going to the doctor or for treatments and therapies all the time just to support our local workers. I see a lot of that going on within the people I know personally, especially those in medical trades and schools. They actually are more sickly than the people who don't go for checkups. And the people who shop and work at our coop who eat more organic foods are healthier than most of those who are buying prepared foods at the stores and regular restaurants. Not all food in organic stores is healthy, there are a lot of junk foods there too, just organic junk foods.

Liberals seem to be more delusional than conservatives, there is plenty of evidence that some of the stuff liberals are trying to do doesn't work, but they believe we are smarter than our ancestors and it will work. Our ancestors looked at evidence, not discounted it because they believed they are smarter. Yes, slowly incorporating some liberal aspects into society is good, but we need lots of time to correct the flaws, alienating a lot of older people is not proper.

I will never vote for a Democratic president again, and even though I tend to vote for Democrats in congressional elections, I am going to severely scrutinize them from now on. Tending to lean towards only conservatives instead of radicals on both sides.

That is my right, I have just as much right with this as any other citizen, political orientation does not give anyone more rights. I do not especially like Trump but a lot of what he is trying to do is good.

Like I said, I see more delusional thinking in the far left and far right than in normal people in society who vote then go on with their normal life and let the crooks in DC do what they are best at. Anyone who is fired up about politics should actually go see a shrink, including most politicians.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Believing or trusting in any politician is probably a mental illness.

People in the military are trained to worship authority. People who are born-again Christians believe in the authority of the Bible above all else. I'm not sure saying people who worship authority are mentally ill is a productive thing to say. As far as the authoritarians are concerned, people who don't worship authority are evil or just do not deserve to have human rights because they are animals. The negative connotations go both ways.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Today, on another episode of ATS's - The Daily Drivel.

We open the show with the latest trump news, talk to some anti trump supporters, review trumps tweets and close the show with a nice musical act singing some anti trump songs.

TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

You don't have to participate in the conversation if you think its all just drivel by people you don't respect.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Bro...you said you stand behind the Intel community lying and commiting acts of fraud to remove a rightfully elected president...which is basically saying I support treason. Then you make a thread like this and expect anyone to take it seriously. What you say effects your credibility and people will remember. Don't expect it not to be brought up...I mean why wouldn't it...it basically contradicts your OP and proves your hypocrisy...just sayin man.
edit on 19-12-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
OBSERVATION ....... your 'ragging attempts' have become Bi-weekly as of late.

Nos adepto is, vos, non amo Civitatibus Foederatis Americae scriptor cives aut ea.

We get it, you don't like the United States or it's citizens.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

People in the military are trained to worship authority. People who are born-again Christians believe in the authority of the Bible above all else. I'm not sure saying people who worship authority are mentally ill is a productive thing to say. As far as the authoritarians are concerned, people who don't worship authority are evil or just do not deserve to have human rights because they are animals. The negative connotations go both ways.

The people in what military?

I was trained to identify the difference between a lawful and an unlawful order and to never follow an unlawful order because that would lead to a short drop and a sudden stop in many cases.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

This goes on, and on, it can be seen in just about every thread, the right seems to believe their own propaganda. Nobody else does, the rest of us see it for what it is; lies and propaganda. Like I said this can be massively entertaining, yet it can also be really frustrating. They seem to be believing their own propaganda because it validates their political views, even if it is built on lies.

This is the worst kind of self-serving mental masturbation, and itself a lie. The least you could have done is written it a little better.
edit on 19-12-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

How do you know the people in the Intel community are lying or telling the truth?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: MisterSpock

You don't have to participate in the conversation if you think its all just drivel by people you don't respect.

Maybe continued criticism will lead to self reflection, and maybe, just maybe, self improvement.

Anyone at this point can see there is no genuine attempt at discussion coming from certain members of this site. It's nothing more than just a daily dose of arguing sides.
edit on 19-12-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'm curious your thoughts on this:

The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook

Something that actually matters. Not one single daily liberal / Obama supporter commented in there that I noticed.

What kind of conspiracy is that?

But oh self-deluded partisans now that's what matters. If you ever posted anything that wasnt pure partisan then this thread wouldnt be such a travesty, at least

I'm worried about you.

edit on 19-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I was trained to identify the difference between a lawful and an unlawful order and to never follow an unlawful order because that would lead to a short drop and a sudden stop in many cases.

I assume you are offended by the idea of people in the military are trained to worship authority. People who are authoritarians ONLY believe something to be true if it is told to them by someone they respect in authority. CNN or MSNBC could come out with a breaking story based on real facts and STILL the right wing authoritarians would claim it was fake news. It's just the way things are in this country. Authority is to be respected in many people's eyes.

In terms of what is "lawful", then if the liberals and democrats don't believe in the rule of law like you are suggesting. And the liberals and democrats are so unlawful scum, then why isn't Hillary indicted? Ether there is no evidence, or Republicans are completely incompetent, or they are complicit. I would love to see Hillary go to jail, IF, she broke the law.

Many times I have try to get right wingers to agree with me the rule of law is more important above all else. But I don't believe the authoritarian right wingers believe in the rule of law as you claim you do. I think for right wingers the ends always justify the means. Voter suppression or downright military dictatorship is justified if it means abortion rights would be rescinded. The ends justify the means.

And here we are. All the liberals have been ousted from government in 2016. Republicans control every level of government throughout the country. At some point, Republicans have to be responsible for this mess or not cleaning it up.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Care to list all those lies we believe in, and explain why its "lies" ? and what proof you have of this ?
Or is it just a matter of speech.. you disliking Trump and calling him a liar for no reason ?

(post by dfnj2015 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Trump lies, the definitive list:

www.nytimes.com...

Right winger response: Oh wait, it's the NY Times. They are liberals. So it doesn't matter what the stories shows it must be fake news!

This is the typical authoritarian response. The NY Times is not a respected authority on truth. Therefore, everything they report is a lie. Even though what they are reported are quotes out of Trump's mouth. It doesn't matter if you can independent verify the quote is lie without any commentary from the article. All that matters is the NY Times is a liberal piece of houn shizer so everything they publish is false.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I assume you are offended by the idea of people in the military are trained to worship authority. People who are authoritarians ONLY believe something to be true if it is told to them by someone they respect in authority. CNN or MSNBC could come out with a breaking story based on real facts and STILL the right wing authoritarians would claim it was fake news. It's just the way things are in this country. Authority is to be respected in many people's eyes.

In terms of what is "lawful", then if the liberals and democrats don't believe in the rule of law like you are suggesting. And the liberals and democrats are so unlawful scum, then why isn't Hillary indicted? Ether there is no evidence, or Republicans are completely incompetent, or they are complicit. I would love to see Hillary go to jail, IF, she broke the law.

Many times I have try to get right wingers to agree with me the rule of law is more important above all else. But I don't believe the authoritarian right wingers believe in the rule of law as you claim you do. I think for right wingers the ends always justify the means. Voter suppression or downright military dictatorship is justified if it means abortion rights would be rescinded. The ends justify the means.

And here we are. All the liberals have been ousted from government in 2016. Republicans control every level of government throughout the country. At some point, Republicans have to be responsible for this mess or not cleaning it up

I bolded what I am going to address, Could you kindly point out where I said liberals did not believe in the rule of law?

Can you point out where I said Authoritarians believed inthe rule of law?

As for why are democrats (I say democrat because the majority are notLiberal in the classical sense, out of power in so many areas, I do not know maybe because just like queen hillary they were not listening to the people so they took a chance on someone new?

As for fixing and cleaning up the country, neither party has done that in decades and that is why I am a registered memeber of the VPOA not a republican.

You projected an awful lot on to me when all I did was talk about my expereience in the military.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Spacespider

Trump lies, the definitive list:

www.nytimes.com...

Right winger response: Oh wait, it's the NY Times. They are liberals. So it doesn't matter what the stories shows it must be fake news!

This is the typical authoritarian response. The NY Times is not a respected authority on truth. Therefore, everything they report is a lie. Even though what they are reported are quotes out of Trump's mouth. It doesn't matter if you can independent verify the quote is lie without any commentary from the article. All that matters is the NY Times is a liberal piece of houn shizer so everything they publish is false.

How about this response: you nor the NYT know what a lie is.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join