It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Believing Their Own Lies.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

brightbart? Is that a Simpsons reference...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's not the voters fault that Donald Dunce was elected-oh wait...

Reap what you sow people.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: soberbacchus

I care. I'm a small business owner and I have stock.

Me too, but we aren't discussing what is good for Pixel or Sober, we are discussing what is good for the country and specifically if we are looking to help the people that put Trump in office? Straight-up, the stock market rally does nothing to help them feed their family. The stock market is not the economy and hasn't been for 40 plus years now.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think it's just due to each side listening to their own bias news and nothing else. I'm surprised at how many people are up for tax cuts for the ultra rich on ATS. I figuared ATSers would be smart enough to see through b.s. trickle down theory. I bet Fox News is trying to explain how tax cuts for private jets will help the poor out.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The rich have thrown them a few scraps to keep em happy...it worked.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It seems the most common alternative to critical thinking these days is this lazy defense that “both sides are equally bad”. I see this defense used in different ways using different words, but always used to defend failure. ‘It’s not actually sh*t,’ they defend... ‘It’s just your perception based on your own bias.’ It’s like a cheap lazy attempt at a Jedi mind trick.

I have heard corporations attempt this sort of spin when a product receives major backlash. Also this false concept that ‘People are talking and passionate’ equals a good thing.

Or that ultra lazy defense against the support of racism, bigotry, sexism and xenophobia... “liberals don’t like people who disagree with them.”

Trump supporters’ extremely weak attempts to defend the indefensible. Who is left to believe their own lies but themselves?

Which is why all major media that fact check Trump is now ‘liberal bias’ or ‘Fake News’. It’s all so pathetic. A smarter person would be able to see the truth in all that. Smarter people do.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You couldn't be more wrong, the stock market does affect business and peoples incomes directly. Just from my experience, the last big Fortune 100 company I worked for planned their layoffs based upon the market performance. I worked directly with the company CFO and know this to be common for all big companies because he sat on the boards of other big companies.

Trump, whatever you feel about him, knows this is the case and set priorities on what he needed to support to stimulate the economy in a more natural market driven way. Totally opposite of the Obama bailout "plunge protection team" way.
edit on 21-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12
I've been posting repeatedly about nine or less levels of obscurities, between your newspaper account's and what's really going down. Case in point. There's a continual war, "feeding frenzy"??" over the struggles between commercial aviation and General aviation. The Corp. private jets kind of blur these lines. But right now the Airlines are trying to poach any qualified pilots they can. And where do you find qualified jet pilots. First you look to the military. But secondly, you look to General Aviation Companies. Training a brand new crop takes too much time. If war breaks out, then half of our airliners could be gathering dust on some desert airstrip, simply because there's no one to fly them. All the while, Corporate Private Jets go about their business, as usual. The military can be counted on to jump in with both left feet. Grabbing trainees, recruiting patriots, and recalling separated military vets.

It may even require bringing back the C.A.B. And together, this means our whole domestic economy goes back to train transportation, or even buses. Not from lack of fuel, but from a lack of qualified flight crews.

So maintaining tax havens for Corp. Jets, has an effect, far beyond what's obvious, right now. But today, these stories only show up in A.O.P.A. booklets. They won't get onto the NYT's pages, until after the SHTF.

WWII wasn't won, by the Allies, without all of the small boatyards, on our combined coasts. Higgens Boats are a prime example. Without them, no effective amphibious invasions, like D Day. Higgens was playing both sides of the fence during Prohibition, by making boats for both Coast Guard blockaders, and rum runners.

When war broke out, he was smart enough to pair two Jimmie Diesel 571's together. But one had to run backwards to the other. Something like a Lockheed P-38's Allison's. All the P T Boats with their multiple V-12 aircraft engines, would never have pulled off D - Day. And if the ETO had dragged on long enough for us to figure this out on the go, Germany's wonder weapons would have given them the victory, by 1948.

If we then had to nuke Hitler's master race, they would have turned loose a flood of nerve gas, in revenge. They could occupy gassed territory, but we couldn't occupy nuked ground. In the old South Pacific test areas, we still cannot occupy those islands.

Right now, under our noses, Fat Boy is threatening Anthrax in missile warheads. However, anthrax spores are fragile and very heat sensitive. So my money is on Russian based Tabun, originally used by the Germans in WWII. Japanese Unit 731 thought to put anthrax into clay pots, which could be dropped "cool", from balloons onto our West Coast Cities, but our two Nuke Surprise air bursts, freaked them out, and they surrendered way too soon. Both German and Japanese subs could have delivered bio cham weapons onto our coastal cities, and put us back on the defensive. It's open to consideration, that the North Koreans may be able to do this to Oahu, and push us back to our West Coast.

We may have let our military become entirely too mechanized. Good old Rum Runners had to operate on their own, hiding from our Coast Guard Blockaders. When Pres. Coolidge sent our Army Air Corp out to run the British ships out of Rum Alley, Britain nearly started a war over it. Churchill, alone, squelched this. I think you're looking at a repeat of 1928 right now, and shouldn't pout over a simple tax exemption for Corp. Jets, anymore then we should have jumped the tax on luxury yachts, a few years ago. All that one did was wipe out some of the same old boat builders who saved our parents' bacon in WWII. When the boat yards were taxed out of existence, where did all their skilled boat builders go??

Long story short, go see the Movie Dunkirk. But the next Dunkirk, may well come on the wings of General Aviation, and Corporate Jets. They certainly have a much greater range, today, than Amelia Earheart's Lockheed Electra did, in 1937.

And a Ginned up Smallpox attack, would weigh against getting large passenger jets in and out of hot zones. Small jets, and remote airstrips would break the transmission links, for a few key "Dunkirk", weeks. So, in closing, there can, and will be, enormous reefs beneath the surface waves of tax benefits for strategic assets.

Gen. Washington, lost as many as 3% of his Army from direct vaccinations of smallpox, but the 97+% left, survived to fight again. With super fast modern transportation, right now, there's an East African Pneumonic Plague outbreak going on, and the WHO hasn't been able to stop it. Gestation of this bug is less than a day, so quarantines should have been able to stop it in it's tracks. Back in the 1600's, pneumonic plagues were just an outgrowth from the more common, bubonic Plague. That's why "Plague Ships" spread Bubonic Plague, but not Pneumonic Plague. In the latter case, everyone died before their ship ever made it to the next port.

If a domestic Flight Service Station, goes bio hazard, "HOT", then no one but the Corp. Jet's own exposed crew, will be refueling it, and checking the tires. I see future "mosquito air fleets", having a larger than life impact on a post nuclear environment. Now can you tell me just how long it was between the end of Prohibition, and June 6, 1944??? That was the time warp for those Higgens Boats. In the next year or so, it'll be a lot quicker to jump up Cessna Citation production, than to convert a Boeing Triple Seven assembly plant over to make small jets.

And all the while, Commercial Aviation is doing all it can to squeeze out new General Aviation construction, by taxing them out of existence. Looking back, there weren't any Ocean Lines trying to eliminate luxury yachts, but only dimwitted progressives, who were worried about wealthy yachtsmen getting some kind of a tax break, on their "NEW" hulls. And all they did was to put a bunch of blue collar, skilled workers, out of their jobs.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

I don't think we should underestimate the low tech ways you mentioned that enemies can attack the USA. Biological weapons or EMP attacks would be devastating. and usher in Stone Age capabilities again.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You couldn't be more wrong, the stock market does affect business and peoples incomes directly.

No. The stock market has been literally setting new record highs since 2013.
The broader economy has stagnated due to workers wages and purchasing power.
The disparity in income distribution and shrinking middle class make the stock market less and less relevant to the economic health of the country at large.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What you are witnessing is a shrinking of spending because the pace of inflation and debt is outstripping the amazing growth in the stock market. It's that simple.

Raise your hand if your health insurance and cost of groceries and property taxes are growing faster than the rate of your bank account interest savings rate. My hand raised.

The value of peoples dollar is NOT keeping up with inflation despite stock market performance because our countries debt is far larger than our economy and our dollar value is becoming worth less.

That is there answer you seek.
edit on 21-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The value of peoples dollar is NOT keeping up with inflation despite stock market performance because our countries debt is far larger than our economy and our dollar value is becoming worth less.

And adding 1.5 TRILLION dollars to the debt in handouts to corporations helps that how?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Nope, they are just lowering tax rates to be competitive worldwide, hence less revenue. Unless you enjoy the sucking sound of our jobs going overseas.

You really think the tax collector is the best place for corporations to invest their money?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

What happens when they go to countries that offer 0 taxes ?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Corporations don't go to country and invest in plants if they are going bankrupt with 0% tax rates.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Saw the title, saw a wall of text, saw no links, saw the poster ... didn't read it.

edit on 22/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

What about new plants if countries , like some states, offer 0 tax?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Nope, they are just lowering tax rates to be competitive worldwide, hence less revenue. Unless you enjoy the sucking sound of our jobs going overseas.

You really think the tax collector is the best place for corporations to invest their money?

Lazy people might get less free stuff - that is the real complaint.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Saw the title, saw a wall of text, saw no links, saw the poster ... didn't read it.

....but still posted

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: UKTruth

....but still posted

Sure - were you saying anything other than Trump, right wing, bad, don't like it, blah, blah, blah? Or do have the general gist of it?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join