It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Believing Their Own Lies.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

The way I feel about this now is that I guess this is going to be the ultimate test. Republicans have full control and have implemented their version of a trickle down tax policy, its essentially put up or shut up time for fighting over that type of policy, if 2 years later its still getting better, then maybe they have something, if it fails and the economy goes downward, then we know (Though im sure it would still be blamed on whoever else..so maybe it wont matter)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Now speaking of Hillary,.. , don’t get me wrong I don’t like Clinton.

But you do like her more than Trump and or his followers.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
One thing that grinds my gears is people saying it was either Clinton or Trump what about Johnson? if you all really wanted change you would have voted 3Rd party so the next election is not just a 2 donkey race.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
And again, the beauty of this entire affair is, come June, what either side says if/when the economy comes roaring back. Look at the stock market, I think last count was 86 new Dow records and climbing. My 401K is looking pretty dang good at the moment. Like DANG good. Having boards like this is great, because reviving this thread will be kind of fun.

The stock market is not a good measure of the economy.
If it was you guys would have LOVED the last POTUS. The Dow has been setting new records since 2013.

As it stands only about 50% of Americans own any stock via investment, 401ks, pensions etc.

Honestly, if these tax cuts suddenly give a vast majority of US taxpayers a cut in their taxes, and jobs are created, it's going to be rather humorous how that is going to get spun.

A massive give away to the top 1% in tax breaks with crumbs thrown to the middle class to make it palatable.

The average middle class tax break will still end up being a loss when insurance premiums spike as everyone agrees they will now that the mandate has been repealed.

edit on 20-12-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: soberbacchus

We have proved that there really isn't anything to discuss. That's where we are at . Didn't think we'd have a breakthrough to be honest.

Bridges are built on common truths.
Trumpites celebrate and defend lies.

Obama's Politifact

Trumps

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNaR

Now speaking of Hillary,.. , don’t get me wrong I don’t like Clinton.

But you do like her more than Trump and or his followers.

I like her more than Trump but that’s a bit lie saying I like having my eyes ripped out from my face more than having my testies ripped off.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The right, the Trump supporters have coined this new medical condition known as “Trump Derangement Syndrome” to describe the mental state of anyone who does not worship the ground their orange god walks on. I have honestly read some people online who seem to belief that this is a genuine mental health condition. There are other misconceptions that the right like to push that are just untrue, they have created this silly idea that those who oppose Trump think “you”; the Trump supporter must be racist because you’re a straight white male who supports Trump.

I think you have the TDS sufferers pegged as normal people. They are not. They have gone over the top and are suffering mild hysteria. It is a physical mental condition. Their inability to cope with reality and the aggressive negative reactions are symptoms of a larger malady that they suffer. Few Trump supporters are worshipping Trump. They are just glad to see some balance and order in the galaxy.

The Democrats alienated a good share of their supporters by their actions, who then voted Trump. The pendulum is now swinging in the other direction. If the Democrats want to win in 2020, their strategy cannot just be to say "anyone but him". Another good example of Democratic failings is the Chicago government in talks with NATO to send troops to occupy Chicago instead of having the Governor address the violence with their own forces. Democrats did nothing to stimulate the economy the whole 8 years Obama was in office. Bill Clinton ran on the economy and I was surprised he didn't tell Hillary to run on that too. Out of work people and even immigrants didn't support Hillary and likely won't support Democrats in 2020 either.

TDS is just shorthand for the total meltdown the Democrats are having over Trump.

You're saying Trump supporters are delusional. You only have to search YouTube to see a flood of Dems going nuts and burning buildings and cars, and beating people half to death. Yes, these people are mentally unsound! It's painfully obvious.

edit on 20-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

....it’s like they have created their own propaganda and are the only ones who ironically believe it.

I was a happy person. My faith and enthusiasm were a fixture of my very being.

Then I read your post...

My entire life is a lie. I am rethinking everything. My pain and conflict is a small price to pay...

Thank you

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

And again, the beauty of this entire affair is, come June, what either side says if/when the economy comes roaring back. Look at the stock market, I think last count was 86 new Dow records and climbing. My 401K is looking pretty dang good at the moment. Like DANG good. Having boards like this is great, because reviving this thread will be kind of fun.

If it was you guys would have LOVED the last POTUS. The Dow has been setting new records since 2013.

As it stands only about 50% of Americans own any stock via investment, 401ks, pensions etc.

Honestly, if these tax cuts suddenly give a vast majority of US taxpayers a cut in their taxes, and jobs are created, it's going to be rather humorous how that is going to get spun.

A massive give away to the top 1% in tax breaks with crumbs thrown to the middle class to make it palatable.

The average middle class tax break will still end up being a loss when insurance premiums spike as everyone agrees they will now that the mandate has been repealed.

See ya in June!!! Let's see what really happens, shall we?

Fred.....

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Not true. Many people companies pensions are invested in stocks. So while they didn't invest directly, they are still very much affected by the stock market.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

You seemed to be able to step in and fling with the best of them.

Oh. Then if I have become such a bully, I should go. I didn't realize I had gotten that bad.

I hope you all find joy in your hearts this holiday season.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Not true. Many people companies pensions are invested in stocks. So while they didn't invest directly, they are still very much affected by the stock market.

The 50% number includes pensions, 401ks etc.

Only 50% of the country has money directly or indirectly in the stock market.

And for damn sure, many of the Appalachia belt that voted for Trump could care less if the Dow breaks a record.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Your life would would proceed in a more positive direction if you were not so misinformed. a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The stock market works entirely on futures. Nothing that Obama did is going to stimulate future confidence. Every promise that Trump has kept during his first year in office is a very good indication that he is not likely to break promises easily, and generally speaking economic growth is going to increase when we have a former business leader in the white house instead of a community organizer. We haven't seen 3% growth every quarter for the past year since the 70's, and thats something Obama didn't do.

link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

See ya in June!!! Let's see what really happens, shall we?

Fred.....

Absolutely.

This tax bill won't fully be understood until it is implemented....Least that is what the GOP are saying

Hmmm.This reminds me of something.

edit on 20-12-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

None of that matters anymore. We got us a debt jubilee. And whatever crisis, the rich will help us through. We can spend again on something other than wars.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
Your life would would proceed in a more positive direction if you were not so misinformed. a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You meant it would be much more positive if I just read brightbart and hung on Trumps every word with out question?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: pavil

You seemed to be able to step in and fling with the best of them.

Oh. Then if I have become such a bully, I should go. I didn't realize I had gotten that bad.

I hope you all find joy in your hearts this holiday season.

Lighten up Doll, You can be rough with me. I won't break.

You have a joyous Christmas and New Year as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Meanwhile, the Democrats and media help out by focusing their energy and attention on whether someone in the Trump team talked to Russians, or [whether] the Russians tried to influence our “pristine” elections
Trump keeps the spotlight on himself with one act after another, assuming (correctly) that yesterday’s antics will be swept aside by today’s.
Day after day, after day, after day Trump, Trump, Trump, trump........

While Trump keeps the spotlight on himself, the “respectable” Republican establishment chips away at government programs that benefit the general population.
The “masters of the universe” have made a huge comeback since the last financial crisis.
Trump’s big-capital-friendly policies are going to make the rich get richer just like every other President before him.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I care. I'm a small business owner and I have stock.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join