It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Believing Their Own Lies.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I keep seeing this and I am starting to find it both frustrating and hugely entertaining. In politics, it is inevitable that everyone is going to basically make stuff up, the right do it, the left do it, those who occupy the middle ground do it, nobody is above this, everyone lies a little bit. However, I think what we are seeing with Trump supporters is reaching a new level, it’s like they have created their own propaganda and are the only ones who ironically believe it.

The right, the Trump supporters have coined this new medical condition known as “Trump Derangement Syndrome” to describe the mental state of anyone who does not worship the ground their orange god walks on. I have honestly read some people online who seem to belief that this is a genuine mental health condition. There are other misconceptions that the right like to push that are just untrue, they have created this silly idea that those who oppose Trump think “you”; the Trump supporter must be racist because you’re a straight white male who supports Trump. Again, utter nonsense, it’s just a mechanism for them attempting to occupy the moral high-ground, “look at those leftists trying to call us all racists”. The only problem with that is that it’s simply not true and the only ones who seem to believe it are the Trump supporters. They do the same with Clinton, they seem to have bought into this fallacy that anti-Trump equals pro-Hillary. Again, that is just right-wing propaganda that only the right believes.

Now speaking of Hillary, this is again another area where the right belief their own propaganda, don’t get me wrong I don’t like Clinton. With that said however, I have recently read some nonsense that the Clintons had killed over 150 aids and where running around abusing kids and raping everyone they could. Honestly if your belief all of the crap that the right has pumped out about Clinton then she is the anti-Christ. There are plenty of reasons to hate Hillary Clinton without having to make up all this kind of crap, if anything it only undermines your position on her when you start to believe the lies that your side made up to turn people against her.

This can be seen time and time again, Trump supporters believe their own propaganda, they seem to be the only ones who belief the BS that they are shovelling. I keep reading them harp on about how must the economy has been boosted under Trump and unemployment is down. Yet they never seem to address the fact that this has happened on the back of the Obama administration and in an economy, that is still working under largely Obama era economic policies. It is a lie to claim that it has been Trump who is responsible for this boost in the economy, again however it’s a lie that only the Trump supporters seem to belief.

Speaking of Obama, I still see lots of Trump supporters who belief this myth that they created that Obama is not American.

This goes on, and on, it can be seen in just about every thread, the right seems to believe their own propaganda. Nobody else does, the rest of us see it for what it is; lies and propaganda. Like I said this can be massively entertaining, yet it can also be really frustrating. They seem to be believing their own propaganda because it validates their political views, even if it is built on lies.
edit on 19-12-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+62 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Weeeeeeeee, here we go again!

We should just skip to the end where X has killed less than Y so they are better by default.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
They couldn´t trust themselves anymore, if they wouldn´t believe their own and their great leaders lies!

+49 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

So Trump sucks.

Trump voters suck.

Cheer up! It'll only get worse!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump voters suck.

I think this is another part of the problem.

It all becomes very personal.

Its not that Trump voters suck as individuals on a personal level, its not that Trump supporters are inherently bad people its just that there is a political disagreement at play.

Its the politics of Trump voters that I think suck, not they themselves.

Yet from what I have observed, it seems that quite a lot of people on both sides of the political divide like to make this personal, when its really not necessary.
edit on 19-12-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

If you're going to fling poo you should make sure Nancy & Chuck aren't covered in it first. Hahahaha

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

It's pronounced poopoganda!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
keep stirrin'

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
They learned from the (officially!!) best: Trump Criticizes Trump.

You can't get more to the core than this.. NEXT!

Edit: forgot their motto: "For every Trump action there is a Trump tweet criticizing that action."
edit on 19 12 2017 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

Edit2: wow, you can make following posts go "italic" or "underline" unless explicitly revoked by next poster? Cruel!

Edit3: no, you can't..

+77 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

But you said you believe in made up crap. You even urged that crap be made up if it gets Trump impeached:

I would go as far as saying it would be justifiable to impeach him on any grounds possible, including any grounds that have been created. That is to say I would support the intelligence community just making something up and leaking to the purposes of impeaching him

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So you only believe that made up crap is okay as long as it's used against Trump and his supporters?

Which is it?

link   
All factions within in any political spectrum believe what it suits them to believe and disregards that which does not. There is nothing particularly new or remarkable about what is taking place today. The most prefunctory examination of the last five thousand years confirms this fact.
edit on 19-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

+42 more 
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump voters suck.

I think this is another part of the problem.

It all becomes very personal.

Its not that Trump voters suck as individuals on a personal level, its not that Trump supporters are inherently bad people its just that there is a political disagreement at play.

Its the politics of Trump voters that I think suck, not they themselves.

Yet from what I have observed, it seems that quite a lot of people on both sides of the political divide like to make this personal, when its really not necessary.

As a Trump voter, I am for more freedoms, lower taxes, smaller government, fewer regulations.

The problem with anti-Trump people is that (by default) you now place yourself on the side of bigger government, higher taxes, less freedoms, more regulations.

That's a tough ideological position to defend.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It's pronounced poopoganda!

Poopgate?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Are not both sides guilty of this?
Isn't that why ATS has a forum called "U.S. Political madness"?
The discussion is never very far from falling into hysteria.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

However, I think what we are seeing with Trump supporters is reaching a new level, it’s like they have created their own propaganda and are the only ones who ironically believe it.

Just because they promote the propaganda doesn't mean they believe it. Especially the promoters.

Both sides lie, you said so yourself. They lie about everything, including each other, to deflect and cover up they all go one way together. They are all part of the same gubment apparatus, beholden to the Corporations, not 'we the people' .

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Pooposterous!

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Are not both sides guilty of this?
Isn't that why ATS has a forum called "U.S. Political madness"?
The discussion is never very far from falling into hysteria.

Shhhhhh....that doesn't fit his agenda.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Getting a little tired of that.

Look I write a lot of anti-Trump threads, in all of these threads I have quite a lot of members attacking me and at times I might say something that comes out wrong or that is not put as best as it should be.

Nows what is 100% off topic, its only ever used as a quote to discredit me, to launch a personal attack against my integrity.

I have over 10,000 posts on ATS, I do not stand by all of them over time my views change.

I actually wrote a thread where I kind of set out my views on removing Trump by force more clearly,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now like I say, its off topic, has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

*THBBFT*!

Are there only two sides in any discussion? How about completely different solutions to discussed problems?

Is Earth really flat?

+42 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

However, I think what we are seeing with Trump supporters is reaching a new level, it’s like they have created their own propaganda and are the only ones who ironically believe it.

This is rather ironic coming from you no?

www.abovetopsecret.com... That was a fun one.

www.abovetopsecret.com... That was a gem.

And can't forget this one! www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who again is falling for the propaganda (poopaganda)?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join