It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump admin to take down White House petition website after not responding to any petitions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
In the spirit of remove anything that Obama has ever done, the White House has taken down the website that hosts petitions to the federal government, and promised to restore it as a new site next year.

thehill.com...

The Trump administration has yet to respond to any petitions that have exceeded 100,000 signatures, which necessitate a response from the federal government.

Trump officials told the AP that the administration will begin responding to the petitions once the new website is live.

I guess the r̶e̶g̶i̶m̶e̶ administration didn't like any of the petitions that had been submitted.

Several of the petitions that have reached that threshold are highly critical of President Trump, including calls for him to release his tax returns, for him to divide or put all of his assets in a blind trust, and for him to resign.

I guess the new site will be bigly better and the j̶u̶n̶t̶a̶ government will of course publicly respond to all petitions exceeding the requisite amount of signatures.

On the website it says.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

Thank you for your interest in Petitions.WhiteHouse.gov. To improve this site's performance, the platform is currently down for maintenance and will return in late January.

All existing petitions and associated signatures have been preserved and will be available when the site is relaunched. Following the site's relaunch, petitions that have reached the required number of signatures will begin receiving responses.

I won't be holding my breath.
edit on 19-12-2017 by bgerbger because: If this thread gets 100,000 responses I will respond.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Looks like you're just trying to make a mountain out of mole-hill.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

one would say we have more pressing matters to sort out than processing petitions.

let's do Healthcare, tax reform, crime and borders, education and trade first...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The White House hasn't done a damn thing using input from the people so what good is it in the first place? It was useless under Obama and now it is gone. Good riddance.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Respectfully. May I ask if you think using those pejorative terms to describe a democratically elected administration and then striking through them gives your point extra gravitas? Can you see how presenting your point in that way might come across as petulance and detract from the meaning?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Of course. Dictators dont take requests .
Or care about the peasants.
Hope your wives look good in a bubushka.
edit on 12192017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
So, your OP says current petitions saved...new site comming...dont see an issue other than TDS.

If you want to talk trust...guess who did not get to keep his dr, had premiums go from $200 a month to $800, and a new $25,000 deductable. Was a great 8 years...Trump is actually helping me and my family.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Yes it does. And no it doesnt. Can you see that a pedantic answer just makes
someone seem...condescending and pompas... at the same time.

But trump avoiding anything that suggests he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread...that's totally to be expected. His daily briefs are on picture flash cards and mentions his name frequently just to keep him from wandering.
edit on 12192017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Except the tax bill that just passed, but you know facts are lost on the left

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

If I had wanted to be pedantic I would have made it obvious by not starting the post with the word "Respectfully"
edit on 19-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Of course. Dictators dont take requests .
Or care about the peasants.
Hope your wives look good in a bubushka.

Do you have any interest in being taken seriously? I am curious.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy
Just wondering how that relates to what I just said.
oh and the tax bill won't be voted on until tonight. Just sayin...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

If I had wanted to be pedantic I would have made it obvious by not starting the post with the word "Respectfully"

Ok since you have altered your reply I will do the same. If I was aiming to be condescending I would pick you up on your spelling error. As for the rest of what you have so far said. An inferiority complex writ large usually serves to confirm the self-held assumption.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I guess the r̶e̶g̶i̶m̶e̶ administration didn't like any of the petitions that had been submitted.

Just the ones that matter. Those aren't the 'Trump, you suck' petitions either. Those they'll leave up. The people need divisiveness to bicker about.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

one would say we have more pressing matters to sort out than processing petitions.

let's do Healthcare, tax reform, crime and borders, education and trade first...

Those are the petitions that will go 'missing' when the new site goes up.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Maybe he has more important crap to do than worry about a bunch of raving liberals petitions against him.

As if the old admin acted on, or let a petition they didn't like remain. Give me a break mr mutton.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

How can he even tackle those things when your country is trillions in debt. Maybe fix the hemorrhaging first. Then money exists for public services.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Endless debt, like endless war is the whole point. As far as Mister Banker man is concerned, the more 'hemorrhage' the better.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
But did Obama Administration ever respond to this petition " Build a statue of Master Chief Petty Officer Spartan John-117 on the White House lawn" "He deserves more praise for what he has done".

Yeah thought so..... See the people spoke and Obama and his liberal cohorts turned a deaf ear.

~Morpheus

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Those petitions were always viewed as a joke by the American people.

Good riddance.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join