It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the sudden information drip in the past couple of weeks?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: aravoth

"The first enemy is communists, then it will be 3rd world dictators, then Asteriod collision threats, then UFOs. Pay attention Carol, once it begins, it will happen fast." -Werner Von Braun

reminds me of the General Wesley Clark comment

“We’re going to take out 7 countries in 5 years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan & Iran..”

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Oh, it will still revert back to ridicule, it always does. There was a brief moment something like 6 or 7 years ago where news anchors did some reports without any ridicule (I can't remember why, I'd like to think it may have been the UK mass sightings of the 2008-2009 period that spurred it, but I don't think it was cos UK news like that doesn't normally affect US news, but there was definitely some kind of trigger, possibly the Obama sound-bites about aliens), but it only lasted a few months at best.

That was nice certainly, but there's nothing inherently wrong with ufos/aliens being "light entertainment" on TV. The problem is relying on TV for the factual and truthful information in the first place. I mean, it's beyond common practice for these stations to generally pick the crappest, worst UFO sightings/videos to report on. It's rare that they get given (or rather, choose to cover) something a little less undeniable as a FLIR video. Not so easy to make light entertainment of an actual fighter jet pursuit... it just makes them look like idiots, whereas "Mr T. Panver's UFO above Lake Yoghurt" is ripe for the "light entertainment" (and ridicule) picking. And you'll often find that they don't actually ridicule the historic sightings, only the modern ones, again, you can't really make a joke out of JFK seeing UFOs or The Battle of LA with its however many witnesses. But Mr. T Panver, he can be shat on time and time again, without consequence.
edit on 19-12-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think we have always known that disclosure [of whatever they will disclose] will come after a lengthy indoctrination period using the popular media of the time. Only when the populace has been sufficiently conditioned to accept this new information without completely shredding the fabric of their existence will the information be released.

The big stumbling block to disclosure has been religion. Now that the worlds religions have been systematically attacked and eviscerated, faith has become a thing of convenience for many and the truly devout are few and far between. In this state of mind people are more likely to accept what is presented to them, experienced with their own eyes and ears, rather than cling to a faith based belief system that has been vilified by TPTB.

If there is going to be disclosure of any real substance I would say we are about as ready for it as we will ever be. And certainly there are those in government to whom such a diversion would be more than welcome at this time.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
CNN has been pushing the alien news stories a lot in the past two or three days, they are definitely doing it for some reason. They currently have six stories on their main page involving UFO's and aliens, most of them about reputable government officials having seen things.

From what I've read on CNN at least, it appears as if the Pentagon acknowledges that there are unexplained flying objects with technology far above our own, but they don't think it is a national security threat because they pulled funding to a program that was investigating it.
edit on 20amWed, 20 Dec 2017 02:26:18 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I recently saw a video with (I think) Grant Cameron. He mentioned that his sources claimed that something had happened early this year that made the government to significantly speed up the disclosure of UFOs.
Maybe thats why we are seeing this now.
Also I believe they timed it just ahead of the holidays on purpose.
People will meet family and relatives and perhaps talk about the latest video. Slow acclimatization indeed.

I want to know what happened early this year.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit

originally posted by: olaru12

i've been waiting for this time.
however i have empathy for the basic minds of children with 2 parents
i feel sorry for how they are gonna freak out
grow some balls

What are you talking about?

only struggling people dwelve into ufos.
most of the basic minded go on with their lives, with their heads underneath soil, not questioning the strange reality.
and when the truth is revealed, they are all gonna whine.

Only struggling people delve into ufos lol

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tjocksteffe

Yes, I get the feeling that last year's plan outlined by DeLonge of a gradual five year series of books, movies, documentaries and document leaks has been accelerated rapidly.

That is kind of disconcerting if you think about it.

edit on 20-12-2017 by coursecatalog because: typos

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Trump started sniffing around where he shouldn't have. He found out about the Saudi's working with the Reptilians.
The Saudi's are planning on full disclosure.
Trump knows that the first nation to officially disclose will be seen as the most important nation on the planet.
The Deep State still wants this subject to stay hidden.
Trump wants to beat the Saudi's to the punch and have it be the USA that is the first to "disclose".
But he needs your help.

Look into the Vegas shooting as it clearly lines up with the Reptilian cover up.

You know...that sounds more plausible then most, lmfao.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
What most don't realize is that given the level of 'black' technology they've reached combined with multi-TRILLION dollar budgets...it's going to be next to impossible to discern any true ET events, crafts or encounters from govt fakery, stagecraft, psyops, perception management and assorted misdirection and deception. Amounting to a total cluster f#d guessing game. imo ofc...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Independent here in the UK has been pushing a few articles on the recent 'official' releases.

www.independent.co.uk... 20141.html

It has the FA18 Hornet video and shows the object rotating. The video is very interesting. It is like looking down the gun camera as they follow the object at high speed.

I am hoping that we see a flurry of drip drip announcements which finally lead up to an official disclosure that genuinely acknowledges that there is something in the skies that isn't man-made technology. I think that is the best we can hope for for now, but it will certainly set the stage and bring the subject front and centre in the public consciousness.
edit on 20/12/17 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Only a few things left in the control playbook right? War with Iran and/or North Korea and fake alien invasion. Gotta lay the groundwork.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: KillboyPowerhead

This "information drip" is in your imagination.

You are honing in like a bat to a moth and letting your mind be deceived that there is some sudden revelation, some new development, but it is just ONE NEWS ITEM and a lot of deluded commentary around that.

You need to CHECK REALITY: Actually think what this "drip" comprises of. Is it not just ONE NEWS ITEM and a lot of forum commentary?

As I wrote yesterday that was more to do with taking the piss out of the gullible. It was to do with laughing while they mug you of your tax dollars, saying, "Look what we did! We took millions of dollars of tax money, spent it on a lot of hocus pocus crap and even was able to get you thrown off the rail track of real issues in the real world and believing in things that don't even exist". The psy ops is strong with this kind and there is never a drought of the gullible.

Yes, there is a "drip", but the drip is much nearer to home than out in the cosmos.

All that you say is literally just your take on it and could possibly be as way off the mark as what the OP is suggesting. The OP's take may be fanciful, yours is cynical...both could be gullibility. The "information drip" may be in the imagination just as much as your "psy ops".

It's all about opinions.
We should never assume our own to be the absolute and only possibility.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jjmillington
What’s if it’s a ploy by the DOD to show our enemies that we have some bad A assets and not to mess with us or we’ll us them?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This seems like the beginning of disclosure or a subtle form of it.

Whats interesting is, even though the pentagon project was active in the late 2000s to early 2010s, during that time, all official sources would lie, and say that the only actual study is blue book, and would point to the 1969 closure of that project.

Therefore, the US clearly has covered up some part of the UFO subject- to what extent however... Becomes the question.
edit on 20-12-2017 by clt1994 because: context

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
My two cents is that the long cigar shaped object that recently passed us, actually wasn’t a coincidence.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

Sometimes a cigar is a rock.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Maybe they are trying to get ahead before AI reveals many hidden secrets.

Seems to me we are finding a lot of breakthrough information in multiple areas.

How much can they bury at one time? Maybe now is th time because they know they can't sit on it much longer.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KillboyPowerhead

Another theory I have is the following:

Imagine you know other nations have developed stealth (or unknown) technology (as well) making it harder to rely on radar (alone). You'll need an eye in the sky again, but since UFO's are ridiculed people are reluctant to report.

If you pull the topic out of this, people will start to come out again. So basically, in stead of (only) tracking your radar you start to use social media (or dedicated apps) to track for signals/reports.

Just a thought experiment here ... there are multiple possibilities and probably agenda's too ...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: KenTodd

I know, the default nowadays to any story that someone doesn't like or agree with is to label it "Fake News!" look at how quick people are to label mass shootings and other terror events as 'false flag' attacks using "crisis actors". Incredible.

As paranoid and distrusting as many people can be (and as good as video manipulation technology is nowadays), I have a feeling that it would take an alien ship being parked over washington to make people believe. Even then, I guarantee there would be some on the internet who would label it fake news and not believe it is really happening.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

i've been waiting for this time.
however i have empathy for the basic minds of children with 2 parents
i feel sorry for how they are gonna freak out
grow some balls

Are you actively trying to sound like an idiot, or...?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join