It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi bails on tax cut protest after only handful of activists show up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Maybe this will result in her reign ending in California. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but for the people of California I sincerely hope they get a GOP legislature. At least then work could begin restoring the Constitutional rights of CA's Citizens.

No Citizen in this country deserves to have fewer rights than another. And when there is even an inkling of doubt, it should err on the side of personal freedom, liberty and no regulation.

Whether you describe that as anarchy or not, it is preferable to ceding more control to any organized body or government. That is the worst possible thing anyone could do.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
when your a follower and not a leader obviously you aren`t going to follow a leader who has no followers.

nancey is an old senile follower she isn`t going to follow the small dogs she is only going to follow the big dogs so she can get lost in the crowd if things go wrong,and get airtime if things go right.

she is soooo predictable! lol
edit on 19-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: xuenchen

Your thread is a lie. The crowd size wasn't why Pelosi didn't show up. In fact, your source straight up says it doesn't know why she didn't appear:

It’s unclear why, exactly, Pelosi decided to ditch Monday’s tax bill protest

Yes...but I think the point is that simply, she didn't show up. Once again, she was supposed to be somewhere, and bailed. She can't be counted on.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I guess with logic like that, only a moron would ask "who is going to benefit from this tax cut, and why is virtually every economic indication telling us it's the wealthy and multinational corporations that already evade billions in US taxes in spite of making billions in our nation who benefit most from this, instead of the middle class who are footing the multi-trillion dollar difference after a decade. Why is the average household making 50k-75k a year only getting $870 (1.6%) back on average going forward, while those making over a million who genuinely have no need for a tax cut keep another 70k (3.3%). Why do all benefits the average American receives disappear in 2025, at which point the average taxes saved is only $160 (.2%). Looking at it from another light, in 2027 that will be 81.8% of benefits from this cut going to just .6% of all tax payers. All while corporate profits are at record highs, infrastructure is crumbling with no coherent plan on how to restore it, and the future of American education is dismal."

I mean it's practically a neanderthal practice to hear a political talking point everyone loves and automatically assumes is good, and think about it for more than ten seconds before blindly supporting it. Absolutely moronic.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
It's almost like the Democrats are purposely trying to destroy their own party,funny thing is all the Conservatives have to do is report what they say verbatum,the things they say are unbelievable no need to add non fiction,the liberals make up lies,when caught try to lay blame elsewhere,which just adds fuel to their folly

That is the way of things these days. It is all about fighting the other party and not about trying to work to get a single agenda they have into the bill because then they would need to admit success for the majority party. Do nothing, all vote against, debate how it only helps the rich, then prey like crazy it all fails so they can say "vote for us" no matter how bad it is for the country.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What if you threw a protest and no one showed up?Lol!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

People were there. Mostly sick , old , and disabled, the losers. I wonder if god is pleased with that spectacle.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Your thread is a lie. The crowd size wasn't why Pelosi didn't show up. In fact, your source straight up says it doesn't know why she didn't appear:

It’s unclear why, exactly, Pelosi decided to ditch Monday’s tax bill protest

She might just have enough cognitive ability to know if she showed up with no one else there how embarrassing it would be, which makes it very clear why she ditched it. What other reason is there? Maybe she wasn't allowed to miss a dose of prune juice and 30 other anti-psychotic meds so she stayed home.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: TDawg61

People were there. Mostly sick , old , and disabled, the losers. I wonder if god is pleased with that spectacle.

The pictures indicate different.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

What pictures? I saw a video of people begging the gods guns and Girls party to love them too

top topics

<< 1   >>

join