It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi bails on tax cut protest after only handful of activists show up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi was supposed to show up at a "protest" of the new tax bill

But apparently not enough people showed up !!

Nancy really having problems lately.

Maybe enough people have actually read the bill and woke up !!

Pelosi bails on tax cut protest after only handful of activists show up

A handful of folks are really steamed that Republican lawmakers are planning to lower taxes, and they gathered in tiny conference room on Capitol Hill where House Minority Speaker Nancy Pelosi was slated to speak Monday.

But the demonstration was so weak, MSNBC reports, Pelosi didn’t even bother to show up.

so even MSNBC was "stunned" !!

“These protests have never been like what we saw with the healthcare law,” an MSNBC reporter said as a camera man panned the crowd of a couple dozen mulled about in self-scheduling conference room 2456.

“This particular protest was supposed to start at three, it was supposed to feature Nancy Pelosi, and it’s supposed to have hundreds of people, and none of those things are going to end up being true,” the reporter said.

What does seem more and more likely to come true, however, is President Donald Trump’s promise to Americans to deliver a tax cut this year.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

no money from clinton foundation and the SA princess i guess

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Only a moron would protest a tax cut.

Government is guaranteed to waste the money on killing people and social programs we don't need.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Can't resist after a bump,X. We'll probably have to
read the bill before we vote her in again.
Which in NoCal seems to make some upside-down sense.
I too was a Chicagoer, but stillinIL: don't blame me.
edit on 18-12-2017 by derfreebie because: Boy instant Firefox Fireball close/window= thumbnail SEND LAST GaHaaaa

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

And I’m betting two dozen of the three dozen that did show up were only there for the free coffee.

The dems REALLY know how to motivate their base

edit on 0529x6705America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
She does this often, doesn't she? Gives her word that she will be somewhere and then bails. Just lame- no integrity for even the smallest things like showing up when you say you will.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A percentage of people taxes will be about the same, a much larger percentage will save money and a small percentage will lose a little. I will save 6,000 as example. Who is going to protest that? The big problem is when there are ZERO Democrat votes for this tax bill...ZERO.

What will happen after April when more jobs are around and people get more back on their taxes? Seems the Dems are betting the house on this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

LOL. This is awesome. Pelosi wanting to fight tax cuts.

I wonder what Soros payed those people to show up?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Nancy Pelosi, and I'm not a medical doctor or psychiatrist. But it seems to me that the years have taken a toll on her mind. Now, no matter what weird thing she does or says, I don't get upset. I just feel sorry for her. I think the saddest part is to see her just keep trying when at some level she must know that she's no where near as sharp as she used to be, or needs to be now.

There should be someone close to her that loves her enough to say, "Nancy, you've made your mark on history, honey. Now is the time to step back, leave the fight to others, and enjoy the rest of your life."

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Only a moron would protest a tax cut.

Morons are smarter than Pelosi.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
And the 3000 or 4000 added to wages that Trump and Congress , Norquist, Moore promised. Wages going up like that means something.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It's almost like the Democrats are purposely trying to destroy their own party,funny thing is all the Conservatives have to do is report what they say verbatum,the things they say are unbelievable no need to add non fiction,the liberals make up lies,when caught try to lay blame elsewhere,which just adds fuel to their folly

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Can you hear them screaming Clarice?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Don't be surprised if a RINO or two down vote the bill at the last moment.... McCain will not be there to vote, so it will only take 1 to be bought off (or blackmailed) before the vote.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
And the 3000 or 4000 added to wages that Trump and Congress , Norquist, Moore promised. Wages going up like that means something.

Trump's salary is only $1.

You will have to use one of your other made up reasons to hate on him.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Clear your hate. I don't see any words of hate in my post. I have embraced this tax cut for the rich. I listened to what trump, Congress, Norquist, and Stephen Moore said all week. They promised 3-4k increase in wages. Who wouldn't want that even a democrat.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

God, I miss Stefan.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It takes a true moron to be against having more of your own money.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Your thread is a lie. The crowd size wasn't why Pelosi didn't show up. In fact, your source straight up says it doesn't know why she didn't appear:

It’s unclear why, exactly, Pelosi decided to ditch Monday’s tax bill protest

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Dianne Feinstein complaining that tax reform won't help the rich.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join