It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I have no plans to fire Robert Mueller over Russia investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Haven't done a mudpit thread in a bit and figure this headline is just right.

So...anyone wonder why Trump wouldn't fire Mueller?

I'll go first....Because Mueller is working with Trump.

President Trump said Sunday night that he has no plans to fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller, dispelling a "rumor" that he intends to get rid of Mueller in an apparent attempt to end the Justice Department’s Russia collusion probe.

Source

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well, Muller met with Trump the day before he started his probe. I have heard around the net that Muller is actually planning on taking down quite a lot of people on both sides of the isle. However, I have a wait and see attitude because there is no telling what might happen with everything going on in DC.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Politically speaking there is no reason to fire Mueller because as the investigation continues Mueller and the investigation seem to be exposing themselves and others for the law breaking political hacks they really are.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Yeah

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Well, Muller met with Trump the day before he started his probe. I have heard around the net that Muller is actually planning on taking down quite a lot of people on both sides of the isle. However, I have a wait and see attitude because there is no telling what might happen with everything going on in DC.

Funny part about that meeting is it was widely reported that they were considering him for FBI Director...a role in which he could not be hired because he had already reached term. So...what was the meeting really about...inquiring minds want to know.

Then the next day he's appointed Special Counsel...very interesting....

I am a wait and see guy too....I love the long game!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So if Mueller is working with Trump doesn't that leave the possibility of the investigation being influenced by that partnership? Couldn't that be considered a form of collusion within itself?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Very possible that, by Friday, Mueller will issue an official statement that Trump is completely innocent of any RUSSIARUSSIARUSSIA collusion.
edit on 18-12-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I will say it once again :
I believe this entire deal is a setup. An old police investigation tactic is to make the bad guys think they are investigating someone else...
Then BAM...the bad guys are in prison.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I will say it once again :
I believe this entire deal is a setup. An old police investigation tactic is to make the bad guys think they are investigating someone else...
Then BAM...the bad guys are in prison.

Me tooing....

Been saying it for a while.

I have no doubt he's actually working on clearing the swamp on both sides. People think this is some partisan game yet those going down are from both sides.

And Mueller is a registered Republican....typically that means you vote republican...so....did Mueller vote for Trump?

edit on 12/18/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Pondering on this for a second....has anyone dug into if Mueller and Trump have ever crossed prior to this investigation or Trump becoming POTUS?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is so deep, trump hired a bunch of crooks, so he could drain the swamp.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I wonder is this is like a “vote of confidence “ an owner gives his coach-right before he boots him

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
most clever of all was when trump admitted to assaulting women and then got elected president... that big genius of a man must have known it would result in this big backlash against sexual abusers and cause them to lose their jobs and status.

what a visionary!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So if Mueller is working with Trump doesn't that leave the possibility of the investigation being influenced by that partnership? Couldn't that be considered a form of collusion within itself?

Damn good point. I mean, the idea that some on the investigative team were in Hillary's favor was enough for some here to call foul.
Why should it be any different if someone on the team (let alone the head of it) was favoring Trump. It taints the whole investigation. It would show an impartiality.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It would not surprise me if they were. Trump is 10 steps ahead of the Dems and Repubs. They don't know what to do with him. lol. I love it.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
most clever of all was when trump admitted to assaulting women and then got elected president... that big genius of a man must have known it would result in this big backlash against sexual abusers and cause them to lose their jobs and status.

what a visionary!

lol. I know. And the Dems still couldn't beat him. lol. What does that say about them?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Didn’t he say the same thing about Comey before firing Comey?

You really shouldn’t take a pathological liar at his word.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

No take backsies.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Because Trump has never lied ever, he always tells the truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

If Trump fired Mueller that'd be the last straw for a lot of people on his own side. If he decided to cause a constitutional crisis, a good majority would move to impeach. As they should.

I'd say the exact same thing about a democrat if the roles were reversed. No politician should be able to interfere with an investigation into themselves like that. Especially the president.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join