It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What iF Russia was overthrown by muslims?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Many "End-Timer" religous people believe that a Russian and Muslim force will attack Isreal?? The attack will be Crushed at Isreals border..

The terrorist attacks in Russia, the Theatre in Moscow, the School...What if the Gov. was overthrown by these people???

and just how many nukes do they have?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have often wondered if there could be a second civil war in Russia. Assuming a extremist muslim regime was take come to power after a civil war they would be left with a country in ruins and nuclear weapons to threaten the world with.
The new regime would supply the enemys of freedom with nuclear and biological weapons.
While the US and its allies have liberated Afghanistan from the Tailban this has caused the extremists to spread out while they try to undermine the Afgan government. It is more likely that extremists will overthrow or destablizes a government in the former the former Soviet block. Terrorism is more effective when it undermines the authority of a government for an example the insurgents in Iraq.
By overthrowing a government you invite the US and its allies to lanuch military action against you however if you destablizes a government the worst that will happen is a team of well meaning advisors will offer there assistance in vain because of corruption and poor security screening .

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well, wouldn't you say there already IS a civil war going on in Russia right now?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I doubt there's enough Islamofascists in Russia to institute an Islamic revolution there, but it's something to keep an eye on.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What about France?....It has one of the largest muslim populations in Europe, and I may be wrong, but I believe they account for about 40% of the population (if I am incorrect in this, please correct me). Of course, this is not to insinuate that all of France's Muslim population are terrorists. Just as all Chechans are not neccessarily terrorists. Just something interesting to ponder...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What if corporate fascists took over the US Gov't?

What a terrible world that would be....

[edit on 13-2-2005 by cstyle226]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm not too sure if Islamic fundamentalists would take over Moscow and institute an Islamic takeover of Russia. The country is strongly Orthodox and strongly nationalistic, they would rather burn down all of Moscow and Russia than to give it up to Muslim fundamentalists. History have proven Russians' willingness to sacrifice.

However, Putin, being an ex-KGB man himself, know that someday Islamic/Chechen militants would attempt to plunge Russia into chaos with series of terrorist attacks in Moscow and few other Russian cities, thus allowing Putin to take up dictatorial measures, shut down the Duma (to stifle the opposition) and declare martial law throughout Russia. He already have his ex-KGB colleagues in key positions throughout the government and the military to implement his planned authoritarian takeover of Russia. Such actions would arouse the anger of the West, particularly from the European Union and the United States, as you can see such recent statements and news reports between Russia and the West over their "concerns" with the lack of democratic progress in Russia.

The Russian mafia is involved in illegal arm and black-marketing deals with the Chechen and Muslim militants from Central Asia and the Middle East. Who's backing the Russian mafia?
hmm..... Could it be the Wahhabi-oriented $audis backed by the City of London?
Who knows? Might be a pure speculation or is there something we don't know about?

It may be likely that Russia under Putin is heading toward a very dangerous course, taking the country to dark turns.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XX_SicSemperTyrannis_XX
What about France?....It has one of the largest muslim populations in Europe, and I may be wrong, but I believe they account for about 40% of the population (if I am incorrect in this, please correct me). Of course, this is not to insinuate that all of France's Muslim population are terrorists. Just as all Chechans are not neccessarily terrorists. Just something interesting to ponder...

Yes you most certainly are incorrect.

France

Roman Catholic 83%-88%, Protestant 2%, Jewish 1%, Muslim 5%-10%, unaffiliated 4%

www.cia.gov...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I'm not too sure if Islamic fundamentalists would take over Moscow and institute an Islamic takeover of Russia. The country is strongly Orthodox and strongly nationalistic, they would rather burn down all of Moscow and Russia than to give it up to Muslim fundamentalists. History have proven Russians' willingness to sacrifice.

That a good point, you've put into words what I was thinking.

I saw a documenty of the Spetsnaz quite a while back, sorry I can't
find any kind of link to it at the moment.

Anyhow Islamic Fundamentalists had kidnapped I believe a Russian Official,
the spetsnaz response was to kidnap the Fundamentalist's second in charge, carstrated him and mailed the bits(for want of a better term)
back to the kidnappers, the Russian official was sent back unharmed.

On a personal note I don't think there will be a Muslim takeover of
Russia anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I've heard that this comes from prophecy. Supposedly Israel is supposed to be attacked by Persia, Cush, Phut, Meshek, Magog and a few other peoples. The modern lineup of those nations would be Iran, Sudan/Ethiopia, Libya, Turkey, and Russia. Armenia Germany and Palestine are also on the list I belive.
This is not in revelations though. Does anybody know where that came from, or if that is actually in the bible at all?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

Anyhow Islamic Fundamentalists had kidnapped I believe a Russian Official,
the spetsnaz response was to kidnap the Fundamentalist's second in charge, carstrated him and mailed the bits(for want of a better term)
back to the kidnappers, the Russian official was sent back unharmed.

On a personal note I don't think there will be a Muslim takeover of
Russia anytime soon.

I agree with you, the Russians dont have all the leftist wacko's that we do and the Political correctness to worry about...they will do just what the Brits did.....in one way or another just as you describe the Spetsnaz doing.......interesting

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Maybe I'm naive or something, but I just don't think that's the point of this semi-crusade by the Muslims. I just think they want "their land." In particular, chechnya, and the middle east, Israel.

And ed, Russia is more "left" than you know apparently.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is about Gog and MaGog in revelations correct? I have heard many people that think Gog and Magog are infact Russia and China.

Gog is said to be made up of a massive army (200 million soldiers) I can only think of China comming close to that number.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I've heard that this comes from prophecy. Supposedly Israel is supposed to be attacked by Persia, Cush, Phut, Meshek, Magog and a few other peoples. The modern lineup of those nations would be Iran, Sudan/Ethiopia, Libya, Turkey, and Russia. Armenia Germany and Palestine are also on the list I belive.
This is not in revelations though. Does anybody know where that came from, or if that is actually in the bible at all?

There isn't anything about specific modern day nations in the bible. However there is in fact a part that says if anyone changes or modifies any part of revalations for their own purposes they will be doomed to hell. Or something to that effect. In other words get it straight from the horses mouth and draw your own conclusions because the great deceiver if he exists may manipulate any part of the bible including revelations for his own pruposes. Also don't take my word for this, get out your bible and read it yourself. I don't believe in any of this stuff myself but i'm a big advocate of people reading things themselves and drawing their own conclusions rather than letting other people tell them how things add up, if people do this there is less chance of the message being manipulated.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Trent]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Many "End-Timer" religous people believe that a Russian and Muslim force will attack Isreal?? The attack will be Crushed at Isreals border..

The terrorist attacks in Russia, the Theatre in Moscow, the School...What if the Gov. was overthrown by these people???

and just how many nukes do they have?

The Bible Indicates Gog /which is translated map wise to current Russia, who told you muslims would take Russia , or that a joint strike force shall attack , the only other counstries specifically mentioned are Asia, Russia both attackers, And the New City of babylon /which is destroyed agn, Syria which comes forth from the antichrist, an unnamed country which the king shall be praised for defending Israel, where did the people you talked to come up with Arab / Muslim countries.

OOOOPPPPSSS almost forgot The destruction of the Rebuilt Roman Empire.

[edit on 13/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I stand corrected Trent...maybe it was 40% of the minority population....oh well...but nah, thanks....I probably should have looked it up first

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on this.

During Stalin's rule, the Russians allowed 50 million of their countrymen to be slaughtered under his orders.

Then again, when Nazi Germany invaded Russia during the "Big One", the Russians were determined not to let them have "Mother Russia".

Then again, in 1917, the Bolshevik Revolution instilled fear in the Russian people to a point where they couldn't put up a fight.

If the Russian people don't take up their call to arms to defend "Mother Russia" from the scourge of Islamic ideology, their flag will be change to a green flag with a crescent moon on it.

BTW, Frances will also have a crescent moon on their flag, as many nations in Europe will, if they are to allow these Muslim's to have "their way."

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Being that Russia is a huge nation in terms of territory,I doubt that any muslim terrorist or whatever you want to call them would have the chances of overtaking the country.Furthermore,it would be stupid of them to use the nukes if they were ever able to gain control of Russia.Nukes don't kill a specific target such as they are targeting which are the "infidels" but a wide radius of destrution.

Personally,I don't think an Islamic theocracy could ever be installed in Russia.Muslims Russians are a minority and the rest wouldn't be very happy with the new muslim government.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
what if?
i dont think that will happen anytime soon,
since "muslims" of the world have other problems, like defending their own homes and land, and i dont think they are ready or are willing to inavade any other foreign country, especially russia, which is big and has alot of nuclear missiles to defend herself.

are you talking about chechens?
they have been systematicly destroyed by russian for centuries, since the word chechen in russian means "a bandit". thats how the russian look at those people, like bandits, and werefighting them for a long long time.
and they dont want to invade russia,
nor lift their flag in the red square like hitler wanted to.
they just want freedom in their own land.
like every man in this world wants.

so that you will know, why these "terrorist chechen rebels" are fighting for:

In all of recorded history and inferable prehistory the Chechens (and for that matter the Ingush) have never undertaken battle except in defense. The Russian conquest of the Caucasus was difficult and bloody, and the Chechens and Ingush with their extensive lowlands territory and access to the central pass were prime targets and were among the most tenacious defenders. Russia destroyed lowlands villages and deported, exiled, or slaughtered civilian population, forcing capitulation of the highlands. Numerous refugees migrated or were deported to various Muslim countries of the middle east, and to this day there are Chechen populations in Jordan and Turkey. Since then there have been various Chechen rebellions against Russian and Soviet power, as well as resistance to collectivization, anti-religious campaigns, and Russification.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
they just want freedom in their own land.
like every man in this world wants.

And they dont care how many innocent school children they have to machine gun to get it

Heck if they will stone a few women they can be world wide heroes also

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Amuk]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join