It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC gets list of forbidden words: Fetus, transgender, diversity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation’s top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases — including “fetus” and “transgender” — in official documents being prepared for next year’s budget.

In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of “science-based” or ­“evidence-based,” the suggested phrase is “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered.

CDC gets list of forbidden words: Fetus, transgender, diversity

My daughter, who is going to college to be a ultrasound technician, told me about this over dinner last night. She stated that the government, was soon going to prohibit people employed in healthcare, to use words like "fetus" and "transgender." Well, it seems, at least for now, that this only pertains to the CDC, a government agency. Will this eventually be required in all aspects of the healthcare industry?

I guess my question is, what other term would you use for fetus? I mean, I always thought this was the proper term for an unborn baby, amirite? This seems ridiculous and totally unneccesary to me. Your thoughts?

Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden terms at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden terms are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”

At the CDC, the meeting about the banned terms was led by Alison Kelly, a career civil servant who is a senior leader in the agency’s Office of Financial Services, according to the CDC analyst, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak publicly. Kelly did not say why the words are being banned, according to the analyst, and told the group that she was merely relaying the information.

At the CDC, several offices have responsibility for work that uses some of these terms. The National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention is working on ways to prevent HIV among transgender people and reduce health disparities. The CDC’s work on birth defects caused by the Zika virus includes research on the developing fetus.

The reaction of people in the meeting was “incredulous,” the analyst said. “It was very much, ‘Are you serious? Are you kidding?’ ”

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

There is an ongoing thread HERE.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Shawn-

I detest being 'that guy' but....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But good looking out

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why do you people keep repeating this like it’s true?

Why does accuracy not matter anymore?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm BAD! Mods, please delete...Didn't check

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Just repeating what's already published. Didn't add anything to the narrative, except for my opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Nothing has changed, except what they are labeling this.

The Post’s reports were largely based on an anonymous policy analyst, who took part in a 90-minute policy briefing with senior CDC officials, and an anonymous HHS official. Other outlets, including The New York Times and STAT, have since confirmed with other sources parts of the Post’s reports, notably that such lists and term swaps exist. But, the HHS and other sources say the Post’s reports misrepresented the language changes, which were not bans.

arstechnica.com...

Ahh, "language changes". That's completely different. Yeaaaahh...

Dr. Ashish Jha, director of the Harvard Global Health Institute, told STAT:

“So of course the administration and its defenders are going to argue that this is only about what goes into the budget. But we know that the signal to the agency is much stronger than that. And it’s going to change behavior of people who work there. And that’s much more damaging than any direct censorship.”

So yes, this is still happening. It just seems all it takes is a change of terminology to make Trump supporters convinced it isn't happening.
edit on 18-12-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
FAKE NEWS.
I can only assume this bogus story came from CNN or WAPO.

www.pbs.org...

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 18-12-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: projectvxn

Just repeating what's already published. Didn't add anything to the narrative, except for my opinion.

Wasn't directed specifically at you.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
FAKE NEWS.
I can only assume this bogus story came from CNN or WAPO.

www.pbs.org...

www.nbcnews.com...

It came from Wapo via CNN lol.

I wish I were kidding.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So yes, this is still happening. It just seems all it takes is a change of terminology to make Trump supporters convinced it isn't happening.

you know 20 years ago the “evidence-based” and “science-based.” opinion was that infants were not capable of feeling the sensation of pain... maybe with the increase in scientific illiteracy, sensationsalism, and blind faith in anything associated with the buzz word "science. It should be important to recognize that our "science" is all just our collective "best guess at the moment" and changes A LOT and maybe government policy THAT DOESN'T CHANGE A LOT, should be slower to adopt the current dogma of “science-based” claims. that very well could make a 180 degree flip in a year.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Ok they should replaceme transgendered with mentally ill or delusional......

But fetus is a valid scientific word.......

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Stuff the fetus eating, transgender supporting, diversity retardant, politically correct thought police bastards!

We will say what we will say, for as long as we wish, whilst we still can.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

“CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered.

So science is now just based on opinions? That's crazy.

top topics

join