It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worst President In The History Of America.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Martin75

Apon Reflection I have no idea, I must have really needed to yell it out.

thank you for your answer and honesty! [[[HUGS]]]

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

It's easy to over look the trials and tribulations of a man long dead. Wilson was a southerner running for president after the civil war. In office he lost his wife, fought a war, fought with congress, remarried, and crafted the League of Nations. Quite the accomplishment for a preacher's kid from the south. The US would probably not be the superpower it is today had the Bull Moose Party gotten their candidate elected.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Heres a question dfnj2015:

Do you believe it is better to have a President whose policies are righteous but fail to pass, or a President whose policies are tyrannical and disgusting, but get actioned?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wilson was the worse.
FDR was second with the social programs that are crushing us today.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Worst US presidents in history is probably Harding coming close would be Tylor.

John Tylor elected 1845
He completely abandoned his platform and party once he was elected. His presidency consisted mostly of defending slavery.

Warren G Harding elected 1865 correction 1921
He was a completely ineffectual leader and let his friends plunder the US treasury.

The worst president in my lifetime would have to be Bush JR he opened up several wars presided over the creation of the patriot act and led the country to financial collapse. I was born during the Carter admin so everything I know about that is history to me. Trump is on track for being the worst, but he may turn it around.

edit on 18-12-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I disagree. I think that this guy is the worst. Though there is currently a contender for his title in office right now.

HOWEVER, Woodrow Wilson pioneered a lot of the racial politics that Trump uses today. So there is that against him, and he fought a secret war against Russia that failed miserably..
edit on 18-12-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Worst US presidents in history is probably Harding coming close would be Tylor.

John Tylor elected 1845
He completely abandoned his platform and party once he was elected. His presidency consisted mostly of defending slavery.

Warren G Harding elected 1865
He was a completely ineffectual leader and let his friends plunder the US treasury.

Harding was born in 1865 not elected. He served from 1921 until 1923 when he died in office.

en.wikipedia.org...

You are right tho. He was a tool.

edit on 18-12-2017 by sugarmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

The central bank paradigm is probably the worst thing you can do to a country

So you'd prefer a system where every bank around the corner has its own monetary system?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sugarmonkey

thanks corrected

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You left out his highly illegal Supreme Court stacking as well and arguably prolonging the Great Depression well beyond it's natural life cycle.

Two votes for Franklin.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

The Federal Reserve, Income Tax, and that ridiculous League of Nations.

And what's even more insane is that the private banking families of the Federal Reserve Banking system own/are the big banks that are around now, most visibly Bank of America and Goldman Sachs.

And then I'll double down on that and tell you that same guys that own/run the banks now are the same ones that set government policy and interest rates.

The tie that binds.

Wasn't there something in the constitution about the power to print or coin money?

Oh yea, Coinage Clause

Under the Articles of Confederation, both the federal and state governments were guilty of rampant inflationary issuance of bills of credit to finance the Revolutionary War. In response to the revolutionary history, Article I, Section 10, of the Constitution expressly prohibits the states from issuing bills of credit. With respect to Congress's power, however, the issue is not as clear. At the Constitutional Convention, it was proposed to give the federal government the power to "emit bills on the credit of the United States," but the language was defeated as being too prone to abuse. As a result, the Constitution's monetary clauses expressly grant Congress the power to coin money and to borrow money by issuing "notes" (i.e., interest-bearing government bonds), but not to issue bills of credit. Given the Framers' general hostility to paper money (James Madison, for instance, bemoaned its "pestilent effects" under the Articles), it is likely that the Framers' intended to prohibit the federal government from issuing bills of credit, just as they expressly barred the states from doing so. Moreover, the Constitution itself created a government of enumerated powers; thus, absent an express grant, Congress lacked the power to act. In fact, both those who spoke for and those who spoke against the proposed language to grant this power to the federal government understood that striking the language amounted to a prohibition on Congress's power to issue paper money.

(sorry, about the large block but context is needed).

Damn you Woodrow, damn you to nonexistent hell! There is a thread or two on here about how a banking crisis was created so Woody would HAVE to create the Federal Reserve System. The likes of JP Morgan (which still exists as owning a slice of the Fed) and company. Oh yes, quite sneaky.

How long do fiat currencies last again?

The League of Nations is called the UN now btw, just wanted to add that in.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Centralized banks are ALWAYS created to stabilize our currency, because it turns out that having centralized banking makes the economy work MUCH better than not having it. Corruption will eventually show its head, but that doesn't mean the concept of centralized banking is flawed. We just need to be able to recognize it and stamp it out. Here's a history of the centralized banks in our nation.

First Bank of the United States

Establish financial order, clarity and precedence in and of the newly formed United States.
Establish credit—both in country and overseas—for the new nation.
Resolve the issue of the fiat currency, issued by the Continental Congress immediately prior to and during the American Revolutionary War—the "Continental".

In simpler words, Hamilton's four goals were to:

Have the Federal Government assume the Revolutionary War debts of the several states
Pay off the war debts
Raise money for the new government[3]
Establish a national bank and create a common currency[4]

Second Bank of the United States

The BUS was launched in the midst of a major global market readjustment as Europe recovered from the Napoleonic Wars[45] The central bank was charged with restraining uninhibited private bank note issue—already in progress[45][46]—that threatened to create a credit bubble and the risks of a financial collapse. Government land sales in the West, fueled by European demand for agricultural products, ensured that a speculative bubble would form.[47] Simultaneously, the national bank was engaged in promoting a democratized expansion of credit to accommodate laissez-faire impulses among eastern business entrepreneurs and credit hungry western and southern farmers.[48][49]

Unfortunately, Americans have also notoriously been distrustful of centralized banking, so whenever corruption DOES show its head we tend to overreact and shut them down. Of course this results in the economy becoming a roller coaster ride of booms and busts, so we eventually readopt centralized banking.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
All of them.....From George to The Donald.....not a damn one of them has actually had US the citizens at the top of there list of things to take care of. Not a damn single one.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Lol I absolutely loved the build up!!

You nailed it!

Anyone who has researched the Federal Reserve knows that Woodrow Wilson is hands down the worst president we have ever had, he sold the country to the central bankers that our countries entire history was spent fighting.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Wow crazyshot!

I agree with you on some things and disagree on others and your stance on central banking is one of the latter.

The real history of central banking in this country.... The Creature from Jekyll Isalnd

Great book and there is the PDF.

It is much better researched than good old Wikpedia, our history is fighting against the corruption of central bankers aka the elite.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies," Jefferson wrote. " If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around(these banks) will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Dude. I've been here since 2012. I've heard of that book and seen it posted here once or twice. Doesn't mean I find it credible.

You can quote TJ all day, but that belies the history of centralized banking in the country. What I said is true. Centralized banking EVERY time is implemented to stabilize an out-of-control monetary system because every bank on the street having its own currency is bat # lunacy. Of course the opponents of centralized banking never talk about that aspect.

"You have ten US Bank First bucks? Well those are no good here at this department store, you need First National Bank bucks here."

Furthermore, it is no secret that Jefferson didn't like Hamilton. So clearly he stood against Hamilton's ideas, but if it weren't for Hamilton our country never would have survived and would have collapsed into bankruptcy. Not every idea Jefferson had was a good one.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I agree....Obama is and was the worst . . . . . .LBJ is on the list of awful; what he failed to do for American servicemen in danger is high on the list but I doubt it stands alone . . . .along with Carter, who seems a good man but awful president. Obama's ruin is still playing out for our country, and the world I am afraid. We Blame Hillary for Benghazi but he was the commander an chief through it all; he carry's the blame for those deaths as well.
Lets see . . .fast and furious, current racial unrest, to note; his policies even brought the nation to the point some didn't even know which bathroom to use. . . . and many many more things. Should be a new show made for TV called
"Ridiculous but true."
Also, for those who jump on my conclusions . . .it's his track record not his race you racists.

a reply to: TinfoilTP

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Blindmancc

You people who think that Obama was the worst President ever need to open up a history book.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
You people who think that Obama was the worst President ever need to open up a history book.

I just opened one by Steve Bannon and it said Obama's second term was the worst. Closely followed by his first term.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think I see your problem... It got the terms mixed up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join