It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power outage cripples Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airport

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus
It IS exactly as they say it is.
Fire in an underground power station which also affected the back-ups

Power restored at Atlanta airport after outage snarled air traffic

Reed told news outlets at a press conference Sunday evening airlines are working to rebook flights, and said that a fire caused the power outage and produced potentially toxic fumes, which took two hours for fire crews to put out

Reed being Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed

No conspiracy here. At least yet

Reed said it remains unclear how the fire started but it will be investigated.

edit on 12/18/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well, looking at random, unnamed sources through my twatter channels, I see suggestions of:

1: Major bomb situation thwarted. Many explosives set months in advance and all safely deactivated. Distraction attempt by those in power who are on a sinking ship.

2: Some kind of heist went down.

3: Some politicians were attempting to bail indictments.

IMHO:
Whatever happened, I don't think we will get the whole story and the reporting is deflecting from the truth.

What else should you expect on ATS?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm still going with Occam on this..

Things break, fibers get cut, when dealing with high power its not hard for a fire to start.

As for the ANNUAL training 10 days ago..that seems like stretch even for a CT.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Hard to believe that a contractor cut a line on a SUNDAY, when it's raining.

Speaking as a contractor and a linesman Sunday is no different to Tuesday . As for the rain , well sometimes you start a job that is not easily reversible , and having said that the risks involved with rain arent anywhere near what the general public might think . Best guess is some sort of substation fault which can easily cause a cascading effect upstream of the fault . Its kind of complicated to explain in detail and is not really my area of expertise .

Or a terrorist attack .

edit on 18-12-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
We heard a series of loud explosive/banging sounds up here where the I-85 bridge collapsed last night. It was around 1130 and then again at 230AM. Never heard anything like it.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So, some of my wives family members are supposed to be flying in from TX on Wednesday, going thru ATL. Apparently, they said this morning that this outage could possibly impact their flight on Wednesday? That doesn't make much sense. If the nation's busiest airport is down for the week before Christmas.....that's bad news.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
So, some of my wives family members are supposed to be flying in from TX on Wednesday, going thru ATL. Apparently, they said this morning that this outage could possibly impact their flight on Wednesday? That doesn't make much sense. If the nation's busiest airport is down for the week before Christmas.....that's bad news.

Well, Delta has cancelled at least 1,200 flights last I heard. That's bound to back up most everything. My son leaves to come see us on Christmas day. His flight is with United and doesn't even go near Atlanta, but I'd not be surprised if the ripple effects touch the whole system.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join