It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power outage cripples Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airport

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just reported power to Concourse F was restored.

Passengers 'allowed' to be picked up.

Weird.
edit on 17-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I do know this much all power is underground through Riverdale, Georgia...has to be something at the airport...we will never know I have a cousin that has been sitting on the runway for 4 hours watching movies...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: judydawg

It has to be underground. It's an airport.

If it's a fire in the electrical system, seems they should have known from the beginning, unless...

Unless cause of said fire, is what's interesting.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
Tweet from somebody caught on one of the inbound planes:

2 hours???? We’ve been sitting stuck in this plane since 12:40 ... coming up on 4 hours.

All the food and alcohol is gone. And zero communication. We’re parked near I-75 on the east side of the airport.

Pilot said it would be hours before we get a gate and can deplane.

I'd be going crazy about now...

-dex

Pretty soon they will know what it is like to fly economy to Sidney.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: DexterRiley
Tweet from somebody caught on one of the inbound planes:

2 hours???? We’ve been sitting stuck in this plane since 12:40 ... coming up on 4 hours.

All the food and alcohol is gone. And zero communication. We’re parked near I-75 on the east side of the airport.

Pilot said it would be hours before we get a gate and can deplane.

I'd be going crazy about now...

-dex

Pretty soon they will know what it is like to fly economy to Sidney.

The difference there is that those flights have enough provisions for a 12 hour flight. And you have the satisfaction of knowing that you are moving toward your destination.

But these folks are sitting on the tarmac a few feet from their destination. Food has run out and some people are starting to get sick.

I guess either way, it's not a good time.

-dex

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Agree with moving toward your destination however economy has run out of drinks and food many times, particularly on the American carriers.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Reminds me of the power outage at the Twin Towers the weekend before 9/11. Like the power outage is cover for something. QAnon has mentioned something about false flags recently...

And why would it take this long to get the power back, at least in some small capacity?
Why hold everyone hostage inside?
Setup cameras and lights at one or two exits and start letting people leave.
How much fuel is left in the aircrafts?
Especially the aircrafts that had just arrived moments before the black out (jets usually fly with only a little bit more fuel than is necessary for the trip)

Why would all power mains and redundancies for the entire airport fail?
Wouldn’t the power system be more modular?
Would the entire airport really be powered by one cable?
How big would that one cable have to be?
Why/how would someone cut a cable like that, in the rain, on a Sunday?

Something isn’t right. I wonder if there are any VIPs at the airport right now...

Here’s some theme music for the speculative Christmas conspiracy possibly underway in Atlanta...

I also find it interesting that there are no feeds at all listed for Clayton county, GA (where the airport is) in my police scanner apps.

There’s also some stuff on Twitter right now saying something about a DASH-8 (90 seat) plane owned by the DOJ somehow involved in the ATL situation. Trying to find more about that.

edit on 17-12-2017 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: DexterRiley

Agree with moving toward your destination however economy has run out of drinks and food many times, particularly on the American carriers.

I believe that. In the US, corporate profitability is the food of the gods of Wall Street. These airlines will cut amenities to the economy class to the bone to keep the appearance of affordable airfares.

The last time I traveled internationally was back in the 90's. I got lucky as far as food and refreshments were concerned. But those wide bodies have a lot of bad seats. If you have to go to the restroom, or stretch your legs, you are most likely going to have to climb over a few people.

-dex

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

This is a take out. This is to stop people moving for a reason. Change is coming real fast now.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hm.. Wonder who the QAnon team are preventing from leaving the airport..?

There's a happening happening..

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
DPJ47 took off from ATL at 6:50 PM EST during the blackout and FAA flight stop.
It landed in Washington D.C. at 8:27PM EST.

DPJ is Delta Private Jets. Wonder who was on that plane?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
More on the DPJ47 flight. Apparently, it flew into ATL from Lexington, KY. After the ATL to DC flight, it went to Pittsburgh.
Tweet with info on DPJ47

There’s also word of a Russian cargo plan leaving ATL just as the blackout occurred.
Tweet about Russian cargo plane

And finally, there’s word of a plane that flew out of ATL that had its flight plan and tail info blocked from the public.
Tweet with screenshot of blocked flight plan

Not 100% sure if the above Tweets are referencing three separate planes or just two.

UPDATE: After reading through the Tweet thread about the blocked plane, it looks like that was DPJ47. The people that were watching it initially saw the DPJ47 flight number, but later the same flight showed up as blocked.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

www.atl.com is loading very slowly. Maybe they're using a denial of service (DOS) attack.

-dex

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It's interesting that there was a training exercise on December 7th, 2017 near the airport.

Smoke rises Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport during a drill, Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017, in Atlanta. Authorities say a routine training exercise near the world's busiest airport in Atlanta produced a plume of heavy, dark smoke rising over the city and visible for miles. The airport is is the world's busiest, serving more than 104 million passengers annually.
(AP Photo/Ron Harris) The Associated Press

US News

-dex

edit on 12/17/2017 by DexterRiley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Power has been partially restored in the past few minutes.

Update: Power has been restored to Concourses A, B, F, T and the @ATLairport atrium. We have provided 2,000 meals so far. Special thank you to Dan Cathy and @ChickfilA for their support. #atlairport
Source

Tweet from @ATLAirportMgmt at 10:11PM CST:

@GeorgiaPower, too late to edit this? When we approved that language about "redundant systems" we thought "redundant" meant something totally different. This is embarrassing. @ATLairport #hartsfieldjackson #Hartsfield @Delta @cnnbrk
Source Tweet
The Tweet author is the UNOFFICIAL voice of the airport. Kind of like news from The Onion. Still pretty funny!

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Maybe this is exactly as they say it was.....there was a weird fire which just so happened to knock out all power.....no generator power either....everybody in the dark and stuck.....total confusion, and then everybody was kicked out of the airport.

But I'm jaded, older, paranoid, and my mind keeps going back to the power outage in the Twin Towers the weekend before the 9/11 disaster. Back then, the people were informed of the power outage, so all the 'workers' were accepted and not questioned.

How would you take out something like a major airport hub? Right now people are being told to leave...."Ya can't go home, but ya can't stay here"....and most of them, if they're lucky, can't get out fast enough. It's a ghost town. Convenient. I was watching the local Atlanta news and behind the live reporter, there were shuttles from every hotel and motel in the area that had one, taking people out and putting them up in hotels. Anybody left in there won't notice if there are 'workers' doing anything. No flights going to ATL now, only smaller planes going to PDK (DeKalb - Peachtree airport).

This is all speculation, of course, but I won't rest until enough time has gone by. Connect the dots.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulOfCeres

Don't read to much into the cargo planes during the outage. Fedex, UPS, Cargolux, Kalitta Cargo.. and the one I was waiting for here in Pittsburgh Qatar Cargo. All continued normally scheduled flights during the power issues.

They are on a different part of the airfield. Operations kept going all day. Air traffic controllers are on the backup system. Cargo and private jets don't require all the additional security screening. I.e. passenger manifesto.

I'm still working on DBJ which stands for Development Bank of Japan. Whom deal with aircraft financing. Going to toss a star there. But....

Just to give insights..
www.dbj.jp...

Edit: been using Flightradar24 Gold for some time now. That's how I've been watching.
edit on 17-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: Eggnogs a Boomsticks 😁

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Not a bad theory there kitty cat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join