It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Jesus returns

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well guess you guessed wrong. But I get the humor! Sure is clear now, don't you agree?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
At last- someone who understands.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
At last- someone who understands.

I’m on your side, i want every one to know that your the best human around. With the best smarts and the only knowing. Jesus will be proud and he’ll prob look at you and wink when he gets here. That will be exciting for you, i know.

My only question is did Jesus actually tell you this stuff or did you figure it out on your own?
edit on 22-12-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I hope I'm figuring things out with the aid of the Holy Spirit, who is freely available.
But I have no way of proving that.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I hope I'm figuring things out with the aid of the Holy Spirit, who is freely available.
But I have no way of proving that.

You mean, you hope that the thing is real, because otherwise....

Why would you believe in something that has no evidence to support it? Or more like, it would need to go against everything that we know is true? Even if you did find actual evidence, it would necessarily negate the faith that it requires from you. What other ideas would you allow to impact your life this way on faith alone?

Why would you want this to be true? Why would you want the bible to be true? You would have to take the good with the bad. There is no good reason to accept any of it as necessary.

Even if you take the stories at face value, it’s a being that killed untold millions of humans because we got on it’s nerves. It demands subservience at the threat of eternal torture. It requires you to kill in it’s name and frankly has some very confusing and unclear rules. You don’t even know if you meet it’s standards because no one can agree on what those are. Reason is the enemy of those who would use this idea against you.

If the being from the old testament did come back it would be to slaughter at least 70%+ of the worlds human inhabitants. Most likely you and everyone you know included. You would vehemently oppose anything that promised to do this, but you support this thing.

Why would you worship this thing that literally has no evidence that it even exists? The lack of evidence is literally the cornerstone of the religion.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Why would you worship this thing that literally has no evidence that it even exists? The lack of evidence is literally the cornerstone of the religion.

Yes, it's called Faith.
I ignore the rest of the rant as moving away from the topic of the thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Yes, it's called Faith.
I ignore the rest of the rant as moving away from the topic of the thread.
What do the stories say jesus plans on doing when he gets back? I mean, that’s what this thread is about. Why would you ignore the rest of my post? Why would you ignore all of the humans it murdered? Why would you support something that murders humans?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The plans indicated in the gospels and in Thessalonians are the judgement of the world in general, and the gathering of the elect; "... and so we shall always be with the Lord." Both points were covered in the OP.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The plans indicated in the gospels and in Thessalonians are the judgement of the world in general, and the gathering of the elect; "... and so we shall always be with the Lord." Both points were covered in the OP.

What will those plans look like? You made this thread, let’s talk about it. Surely you have answers and it all makes perfect sense to you. Here i am, an atheist wanting to know more about your god, and you’re gonna turn me away instead of explaining why i should believe you? Wouldn’t that put you on his naughty list? Are you not commanded to spread the good news?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
In more detail (from the OP);

The purpose of his return has two aspects.
On the one hand, he is coming in judgement;
“… inflicting vengeance upon those who do not know God and upon those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ” (v8)
As already mentioned, this judgement was also part of the teaching about the coming of the Son of Man.

On the other hand, he is coming in glory, to reveal himself to the world and to collect his followers;
“He comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marvelled at in all those who have believed” (v10).
“… the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our assembling to meet him…” (ch2 v1).
This is Paul’s version of the gospel’s “they will gather his elect from the four winds” (Matthew ch24 v31).

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

In more detail (from the OP);

The purpose of his return has two aspects.
On the one hand, he is coming in judgement;
“… inflicting vengeance upon those who do not know God and upon those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ” (v8)
As already mentioned, this judgement was also part of the teaching about the coming of the Son of Man.

On the other hand, he is coming in glory, to reveal himself to the world and to collect his followers;
“He comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marvelled at in all those who have believed” (v10).
“… the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our assembling to meet him…” (ch2 v1).
This is Paul’s version of the gospel’s “they will gather his elect from the four winds” (Matthew ch24 v31).

So you are perfectly ok with the annihilation of all humans because you think yourself safe? What makes you think you’re safe?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Where do you get the idea that there is a connection between expecting something to happen and "being OK with it"?
Do you believe newspaper reports about earthquakes? If so, does that mean you are "OK with" the fact that earthquakes happen? Or do you self-righteously refuse to believe in the existence of earthquakes on the ground that the reported behaviour of earthquakes does not meet your standards of morality?

If what is described in the New Testament is going to happen, it will happen whether we are "OK" with it or not. Our personal preferences on the point are not relevant.

edit on 22-12-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Where do you get the idea that there is a connection between expecting something to happen and "being OK with it"?
Do you believe newspaper reports about earthquakes? If so, does that mean you are "OK with" the fact that earthquakes happen? Or do you self-righteously refuse to believe in the existence of earthquakes on the ground that the reported behaviour of earthquakes does not meet your standards of morality?

If what is described in the New Testament is going to happen, it will happen whether we are "OK" with it or not. Our personal preferences on the point are not relevant.

Do you worship, love and adore, the being which is said to be coming back? Do you think yourself safe?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Not part of the topic of the thread.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Not part of the topic of the thread.

We are talking about the return of jesus right? Why not just answer the questions? It seems we are the only one’s here. Do you not like your answers?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You're not going to get anything out of this line of approach, except a sense of frustration.
Did older members not warn you about that?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You're not going to get anything out of this line of approach, except a sense of frustration.
Did older members not warn you about that?

Just answer the questions. I would think you would have some good replies for what you so strongly believe in. If not, perhaps you should not bring this topic up?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I do not choose to address the topics that you want to address. Better people than you have discovered in the past that I'm not going to be budged when I choose not to be budged.
I have already given my reasons (viz. the authority of the New Testament) for believing the topic I did choose to address, as outlined in the OP.
I always work this way. I'm going to continue doing it.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I really appreciate your discussions. It's nice to read about the deep things of God from you. Please keep posting your thoughts about the scriptures here. I eat them up like food. Thanks for sharing this gift of yours.

I have some spiritual insights myself about the end times but I do not wish to share them publicly. Maybe one day I will share it in private messaging with you.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I do not choose to address the topics that you want to address. Better people than you have discovered in the past that I'm not going to be budged when I choose not to be budged.
I have already given my reasons (viz. the authority of the New Testament) for believing the topic I did choose to address, as outlined in the OP.
I always work this way. I'm going to continue doing it.

That’s alright, i understand why folks close their minds to this discussion, but that won’t stop me from putting in my point of view from time to time.

I always get stonewalled when i ask the hard questions. No one has been able to explain what i would like to know. I was hoping that you had some understanding for what you believe, but it seems you are much like everyone else, and are willing to ignore those who are truly interested in this topic and willing to push the envelope.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join