It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PolitiFact is the lie of the year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If you think politics are a waste of time then why do you spend so much time in political threads?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: xuenchen
"evidence points "

This is why I hate everything you post on this site. The operative term in the story is "evidence points". The question is not whether PolitiFact has a left-wing political bias. The real question is the are the "evidence points" they bring up factual or false. If they are factual, then it doesn't matter what political bias PolitiFact may have. Or are you suggesting "evidence points" that make the Republicans look bad are to be suppressed or ignored?

Do you agree or are you still mad at me for thinking everything you post here is pure BS?

I'm sure there's at least 60 million other people that could care less about what you think.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Who Politifact is would most definitely be part of the equation. Where they get their money is very important. The majority of Americans simply read and believe. On both sides. There was a time when people would read the morning paper, go to work, talk about it and then hopefully they were smarter in the end. Now, it is a Facebook post or tweet that becomes viral for 5 hours until another new sources or media outlet debunks it. Sad. Very very sad. By that time all the sheep have already read it and are living in the hate that was created during Obamas term.

I learned a huge deal in the 2016 election. A lot. It was not a good thing either but there was NO non-biased sources during the election and now our own FBI is turning on the our 'elected leader'.

If this investigation would have happened to Obama it would have been terminated in March and called racist.
edit on Decpm31pmf0000002017-12-17T15:06:47-06:000347 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

If you think politics are a waste of time then why do you spend so much time in political threads?

One can only aspire to be Jesus like and be divine. Yet in reality one continues to make sins against God.

edit on 17-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Who Politifact is would most definitely be part of the equation. Where they get their money is very important. The majority of Americans simply read and believe.

I disagree. The facts speak for themselves. Most liberals I know and talk with are very familiar with the idea of political spin. Most liberals I know have a firm understanding of the difference between opinions and facts.

Whether a fact is relevant or important or talked about is certain colored by what you are suggesting. But not the fact itself.

Do you agree? Or do you think facts that make the Republicans look bad should be suppressed or ignored? If a Republican commits a felony should they be indicted equally as a Democrat? If you are want to impress me reply to this post by saying:

Yes, I agree with you. Both Republicans and Democrats should be indicted if they commit a felony. The law is the law.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

"evidence points "

This is why I hate everything you post on this site. The operative term in the story is "evidence points". The question is not whether PolitiFact has a left-wing political bias. The real question is the are the "evidence points" they bring up factual or false. If they are factual, then it doesn't matter what political bias PolitiFact may have. Or are you suggesting "evidence points" that make the Republicans look bad are to be suppressed or ignored?

Do you agree or are you still mad at me for thinking everything you post here is pure BS?

I'm sure there's at least 60 million other people that could care less about what you think.

It's probably more. And probably equally as many as your views.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: stosh64

I just detest propagandists and propaganda..

People have a right to make informed decisions not to be lied to by people pushing whatever agenda..

CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, Yahoo, MSN, etc never got the memo, and don't care about you hating propaganda, and they will continue to watch you gobble up their falsehoods with glee. Their hatred of the truth is also very non-partisan.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

What?!?!

The right wing OBJECTIVELY FAKE stories get 60+ stars and flags..

The left wing ones do not..

There are not 60+ actual rightwing posters who conversate ..

In fact I would even kinda bet its close, but maybe those “on the left” , since everyone not a conspiracy conservative is considered “left wing”, have a slight majority..

So then why do all the cult of trump type posts instantly get 50 flags???

Maybe bots??

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's a clever ploy. Set up a website and promote it as the oracle for the truth. Then use it to back up lies, propaganda and political aims.
Politifact are about as reliable as Snopes - i.e. not at all.
edit on 17/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
"PolitiFact" = "PolitiFracked"

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oh I hate it when they do it too and point it out on here when I see it..

The difference is that they are not BASED root and stem on propaganda and logical fallacies..

Every gop policy in the last , forever has been a total OBJECTIVE disaster..

Trickle down economics..

War on drugs..

Prohibition..

Iraq and Afghanistan..

War on terror..

Glasdegal (bill Clinton signed it, but it was a gop bill)

Citizens united

Net neutrality

Private prisons

Civil forfeiture

Total Climate change denial.. rather than focusing on a carbon tax that would be squandered..

Sure various democrats have voted for those things over time, but those are not left wing positions..

If a republican vote to ease abortion restrictions, that doesn’t make the conservative agenda pro-choice..

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

"evidence points "

Actually one can be quite deceitful while "simply reporting the facts". It's called cherry picking. By only bringing light to facts which suit your agenda, and ignoring others, you can commit heinously despicable trickery.

So, yes, their bias, it does matter, even if their "evidence" is factual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join