It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PolitiFact is the lie of the year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Interesting story from a blogger that outlines the famous website PolitiFact as a Left Wing cherry-picking and politically motivated site that takes the "easy street" approach when ever possible.

It's "owned" by the Tampa Bay Times, a well known Left biased outfit.

There's some examples given about the "Trump-Russian" collusion joke.

Since winning the Pulitzer in 2008, PolitiFact of the Tampa Bay Times has become a partisan joke that lives in a world where Republicans always lie even when they tell the truth, and Democrats always tell the truth even when they lie.

Usually, PolitiFact is able to cherry pick enough facts to rationalize its decisions. But in selecting its lie of the year for 2017, the web site was unable to do much more than say well, everyone we like says it is a lie.

PolitiFact began its Lie of the Year by boldly stating: "A mountain of evidence points to a single fact: Russia meddled in the U.S. presidential election of 2016."

+++ ++ +

edit on Dec-17-2017 by xuenchen because: - -- ---

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh look another fake story, from a fake news source that doesn’t even employ reporters..

Just like every other OP you have ever posted..

Have half of congress resigned yet???

Since that was yeaterdays propaganda piece that won’t happen..

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How does it feel being the biggest joke on the internet? a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

I think it is all going to plan for the op. Maybe the people who fall for his bs are the jokes.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Interesting story from a blogger that outlines the famous website PolitiFact as a Left Wing cherry-picking and politically motivated site that takes the "easy street" approach when ever possible.

It's "owned" by the Tampa Bay Times, a well known Left biased outfit.

There's some examples given about the "Trump-Russian" collusion joke.

Since winning the Pulitzer in 2008, PolitiFact of the Tampa Bay Times has become a partisan joke that lives in a world where Republicans always lie even when they tell the truth, and Democrats always tell the truth even when they lie.

Usually, PolitiFact is able to cherry pick enough facts to rationalize its decisions. But in selecting its lie of the year for 2017, the web site was unable to do much more than say well, everyone we like says it is a lie.

PolitiFact began its Lie of the Year by boldly stating: "A mountain of evidence points to a single fact: Russia meddled in the U.S. presidential election of 2016."

+++ ++ +

Well obviously they are legit because "fact" is in the name.

Pshhh fake news!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Does Xuenchen have to pay you rent for the space he occupies in your head?

ETA:
Damn Xuen, your list of groupies is growing. Good job.
edit on 12 17 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

He's the luckiest guy here. Multiple penthouses!

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

LMAO

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Everyone should look closely at the stories Politifact has at the moment.

If the OP os trying to discredit them, there must be something juicy in there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
JoshuaCox stared soundguy and soundguy stared JoshuaCox.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
JoshuaCox stared soundguy and soundguy stared JoshuaCox.

They gotta stick together on this right-wing site where left-wing posts miraculously see 60+ stars and flags.

Wait a minute...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

He is not the biggest joke on the internet...

Just the most active propagandist on
ATS.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I just detest propagandists and propaganda..

People have a right to make informed decisions not to be lied to by people pushing whatever agenda..

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

They did meddle though with your help op. How many fake stories did you push during the election? Many from sources that should have been laughed at.
People will not admit it though no one likes admitting they were fools.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

$1 a year comp rent at all Trump Towers !!

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I see "PolitiFact" is high on some peoples' "LISTS" !!

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Oh look another fake story, from a fake news source that doesn’t even employ reporters..

Eh, the author wrote for the Charleston Daily Mail for 40 years. I mean, clearly he has his bias, but so does Politifact.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The same people that are giving the Xuen crap are just mad that their threads don't get the same attention, I love it when people show me their jealous side, it makes things easier.
😈

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I some of you would take more time to research then simply 'bash' the OP that does not fit your views you could learn something.

Politifact..Snopes..all of them Controlled by left-wing think tanks and benefactors. Follow the money. See who started and supported it. Politifact won the Pulitzer in 09 for it's unbiased and fact checking in the 08 election. Um, yeah, there was NO fact checking or non-biased views. It was simply a campaign of if you do not want to be Racist vote Obama.

When one of their largest donors also donates to the Clinton Foundation...you see no conflict of interest? Of course, none of you see it in the Mueller investigation so I am wasting my breath.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"evidence points "

This is why I hate everything you post on this site. The operative term in the story is "evidence points". The question is not whether PolitiFact has a left-wing political bias. The real question is the are the "evidence points" they bring up factual or false. If they are factual, then it doesn't matter what political bias PolitiFact may have. Or are you suggesting "evidence points" that make the Republicans look bad are to be suppressed or ignored?

Do you agree or are you still mad at me for thinking everything you post here is pure BS?

edit on 17-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join