It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you sick of bitcoin yet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm going to say gold is kept low for industrial uses.

How much would a laptop computer be if gold was $100,000 per ounce?

The big holders of gold wiggle the price up and down, up and down. They work it endlessly. Nobody else gets rich with gold. You can buy an ounce and lose value for the next 15 years. There is no getting rich with gold unless you actively work the trades up and down.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, I dipped my toe into it, via Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin. Just a little. We'll see where it goes, in a month, in a year, etc.

A friend of mine said she got paid in bitcoin years ago, for a job, just a little towards the end.
I'm like, "how long ago", she's like, "2010, not sure how to access it though"....I'm like, "What? do you have ANY idea what you could be sitting on? You need to find out!!!" $100 of bitcoin, in 2010, would now be worth $75 MILLION.

I'm betting she learns it's poofed, but man, if it is there.....

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The end of Bitcoin has just been drastically accelerated by the introduction of Venezuelan electronic petro-bolivar.
Additionally the upcoming "crypto-ruble" that should become available by July 2018 will deal the final death blow to the bubble bitcoin which is backed by nothing more than a few degenerates such as the ECB buying even more of it when everyone knew it is dead

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

if gold = 100k / oz - then laptops will not use gold components

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Two bogus coins will hardly create a bubble. But hey, up to you if you want to not get into it. Why talk down about those who are? It's a market where some folks saw anywhere from 1000% to 5000% returns last year. So expecting folks to just ignore it, is being a bit silly.

Will it do that again this year? Probably not. Over the course of a few years? Who knows? Personally, I think it's worth risking just a little to see if it plays out.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
You know, I'm very worried about the safety of my bitcoins when I'm making deals. I read that for protection and anonymity of operations it is possible to use mixer for bitcoins bestmixer.io.... How do you think this is reliable? I just want to try to throw a small amount.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Peper

The premise of crypto is to decentralize finances. The link you provided removes the decentralized aspects, and requires a centralization to provide its service.

Why I feel crypto is so amazing is that one only needs to trust mathematics to move finances... no longer lives the days of which a 3rd party entity is offered the trust to move finances for us. Well we can trust 3rd party entities and pay them fees to remove the responsibility of how we as individuals handle our finances if we want, but I see it as a way to continue to pull fees out of the pockets of people who don't care to take responsibility for finances that they maybe should.

Couple those facts with the ability to simply buy privacy coins/tokens such as Monero, and I see a scam and or laws going after any who are hiding transactions on what should be an open to read ledger of blockchain transactions. Hiding within an open source platform will more than likely draw scrutiny from law enforcement at some point in time, or the bestmixer company or companies will be exposed for trying to hide within what should be open source... all it'll take is one mismanagement by an end user to end up holding bestmixer responsible for either aiding and abetting, money laundering, or possibly tax ramifications.

Honestly, just move your bitcoins that you wish to remain private to a privacy coin, and save yourself the fees and possible fallback would be my advice. Besides, it's far too expensive of mining fees using bitcoin. The slow transaction rates bog down the network, where Altcoins are next to nothing to transfer.

The most solid of options is a hardware wallet though. It doesn't matter what happens to the network... if you store your assets on a hardware wallet you'll be as safe as a crypto user can get. Check out the Ledger Nano S when you can... it's an awesome wallet.

There is no system of * & ** using these open source platforms... I noticed they are up front and center on the bestmixer site, which makes me nervous as hell to even think of trusting.

In the end, we just have to be more individually responsible for how our finances are transacted. I'd like for people to feel brave enough to trust in their own person, rather than a 3rd party.

I gotta say... your post comes off as either shady or as an advertisement for bestmixer. One has to wonder what kind of shady deals you may be trying to hide as the aspect of privacy coins is an elementary aspect of crypto management. It's just weird that your first post ever at this site is to inquire about circling around Bitcoin mainstays...

(post by Maxistrae removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by chiroden removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by harryjosh removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join