It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The final tax bill is ready.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: face23785

I’m sure. Debts and deficits don’t matter to Wal street anymore either. This is great. A debt jubilee.

Nice deflection. 200K employees are getting a $1000 bonus in direct response to the tax bill passing. You can't change that. That is good for those 200K employees. I'm not one of them, so I'm a little jealous, but that doesn't make me go cry in my pillow. I'm happy for them, and recognize that is a good thing no matter how you want to spin it.

As for the deficit, when CBO did the projection that said the bill would add $1.5T to the debt, they only assumed a growth rate of 1.9%. We're growing between 3 and 4% right now. If we average about 2.4% over those 10 years, that $1.5T disappears. I realize you'll just ignore this, because it doesn't fit your chosen narrative, but that's fine. The numbers are there for anyone interested in facts instead of false doomsday rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It’s not a deflection. I like spending money and never thought deficits mattered.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It’s not a deflection. I like spending money and never thought deficits mattered.

Welcome to America, where the "facts" are made up and the deficits don't matter.

Sorry, couldn't resist

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It certainly was a deflection. Don't backtrack now. You have no response to proven trickle down. I realize it shatters your worldview that trickle down doesn't exist, but it's a fact it does. Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So you are not happy with the tax plan? Trump and congress are all over tv saying how lots of money is going to trickle down.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So you are not happy with the tax plan? Trump and congress are all over tv saying how lots of money is going to trickle down.

I didn't say that anywhere. The tax plan benefits me and just about everyone I know. The only people I know that won't be helped are well off enough that they don't really need a tax break.

That should please liberals, but since it's Trump they have to pretend it's the end of the world and only the top 1% will benefit. You must really love getting lied to.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

What are you talking about? I love this debt jubilee. Maybe now they will fund CHIPS.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What are you talking about? I love this debt jubilee. Maybe now they will fund CHIPS.

The House voted to fund CHIP in November. The bill wasn't brought to the Senate floor because Dems threatened to filibuster it.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Fighting over pay fors. That doesn’t matter now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join