It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object or UFO as seen from a U.S. Navy F/A-18F Super Hornet’s ATFLIR (ATS referenced )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Are you possibly alluding to the idea this was a ground based, acquired target?
I'm asking because I've already made the point on another thread that most of us are unfamiliar with looking at targets using a system like this, so don't really know what we're seeing.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just watched the video again and they have added corrections to the narrative subtitles.
I am not hearing what they say was said in rhe new subtitles.
Anyone else check this out?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Elon Musk's Roomba ecaped....

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Go to , scroll down for video.
theaviationist.com... at-it-was/

All it looks like NYT did was correct the wind speed from 120 knots, to 120mph?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Go to , scroll down for video.
theaviationist.com... at-it-was/

All it looks like NYT did was correct the wind speed from 120 knots, to 120mph?

No, they changed something else that one pilot said. They list the changes at the end of the video.
It has to do with the word drone vs going on.
edit on b000000312017-12-17T13:28:39-06:0001America/ChicagoSun, 17 Dec 2017 13:28:39 -0600100000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I find it highly curious that certain members of the "community" here on ATS have not commented on this.

Highly curious.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I know, right?
Isn't this what everyone said they wanted? Theoretically anyways.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Everyone knows that E.T. and his buddies at least have the common decency to squawk mode C when they come to planet teegeeack to do parking lot donuts.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I believe it did mention the speed of the headwind that the objects were flying against (was it 125 kt ?)

Not displayed on screen. Its the WO officers screen in the video, not the Pilots HUD.

The 'voices' report they are flying 'against' a 120 knot wind.

(I always go by what i can see)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

There was a legitimate reason, quite of few of them actually, that caused Project Bluebook to be opened. Some of them were pilot reports similar to what we see in this article.

UFOs are very real, have been very real for a long time.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby

Everyone knows that E.T. and his buddies at least have the common decency to squawk mode C when they come to planet teegeeack to do parking lot donuts.

'Squawking' in the visible light spectrum aside, to my knowledge there have never been any reported transmissions coming over radio.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No, I'm alluding to height finding is kind of difficult with radar. Distance is no problem. They could determine the size of the object based on the focal length of the optics and the distance based on radar.

There is ground based height finding radar, I just don't know if it is implemented on an airplane other than the AWACS.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

originally posted by: intrptr

So how do they know the altitude of the object? It isn't like the object has a transponder.

The altitude is displayed on screen, bottom left, reflecting twenty five thousand feet.

What it doesn't show is a clear profile, close ups, heading, or speed of pursuit aircraft.

That is the altitude of the f-18. How so they know the altitude of the target?

It 'appears' wings level. In the second video a slow turn remains level with the horizon, neither climbing nor descending. Would like to know the range too.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

No, I'm alluding to height finding is kind of difficult with radar. Distance is no problem. They could determine the size of the object based on the focal length of the optics and the distance based on radar.

There is ground based height finding radar, I just don't know if it is implemented on an airplane other than the AWACS.

I am not familiar with the specific radar in this craft, but I am a radar engineer. There is no reason that you can't get the altitude of your target as long as the plane knows its own position and IMU readings (which it does) and has established a decent track on it, which it appears it has by the vid.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So how do they know the altitude of the object? It isn't like the object has a transponder.

The altitude is displayed on screen, bottom left, reflecting twenty five thousand feet.

What it doesn't show is a clear profile, close ups, heading, or speed of pursuit aircraft.

That is the altitude of the f-18. How so they know the altitude of the target?

It 'appears' wings level. In the second video a slow turn remains level with the horizon, neither climbing nor descending. Would like to know the range too.

The video was at 40 miles IIRC.

www.spreaker.com...

The link is to a podcast version of a local Los Angeles radio show. He even mentions the old ATS post.
edit on 17-12-2017 by gariac because: Fix URL

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

But my point is does this tech exist on a F-18.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I believe it did mention the speed of the headwind that the objects were flying against (was it 125 kt ?)

Not displayed on screen. Its the WO officers screen in the video, not the Pilots HUD.

The 'voices' report they are flying 'against' a 120 knot wind.

(I always go by what i can see)

The NYT video changed the subtitles to miles vs knots now.
Listening to the voice, I hear 'knots' , but the NYT says that he says 'miles'.
edit on b000000312017-12-17T18:11:36-06:0006America/ChicagoSun, 17 Dec 2017 18:11:36 -0600600000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Isn't it kinda funny to you guys that back in the day when people didn't constantly have Google at their fingertips to look up unfamiliar words or terminology newspapers and etc just left the correct terminology in and expected you to have enough depth of vocabulary.

Now that everyone is pretty much reading articles etc on devices with Google right there they expect people to be too stupid and lazy to know the correct terminology/look it up so they change it to incorrect but familiar to those with an 800 word vocabulary "equivalent"... You know, the equivalent that's actually just plain wrong?

Newspeak sucks

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I thought exactly that, especially some of the aviation legends of the forum...curious....

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Just had a thought. If this is explainable phenomena, then we may be able to find similar videos online. Of course, this wouldn't match the complete story.

a reply to: pigsy2400

This happens a lot, often they show up and simply state that they were busy living their life.

Patience.

Maybe if they don't respond within a week, remind them somehow.
edit on 18/12/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join