It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CDC is Banned from Using 7 Words, Including 'Diversity,' 'Transgender,' and 'Fetus'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
We are indeed suffering from a snowflake endemic folks and it's not solely sourced from the left:

The Washington Post reports that on Thursday, analysts at the Center for Disease Control were presented with a list of words that they’re not allowed to use in any official documents pertaining to the organization’s 2018 budget. The words? “Diversity,” “entitlement,” “evidence-based,” “fetus,” “science-based,” “transgender,” and “vulnerable.”

www.esquire.com...

Really? Is this necessary? Explain to me why this is necessary?

Of course this isn't the only example of the Alt-Right using their political powers to protect their sensitivies. I mean it was not too long ago Trump and Alt-right groups went berserk over NFL players kneeling at the anthem to the point that Trump himself wanted the NFL to fire them. I mean switching channels during the anthem or doing your own thing isn't an option. How about trying to use your political powers to shut down media that may be critical of you? Alt-Right Groups made no bones about rallying behind this idea. Getting all worked up on gay marriage because lord knows we can't let tax paying consenting adult americans live their lives?

If there's a snowflake aware for 2017 the Alt-right wins that hands down.

according to the CDC analyst, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak publicly.

www.snopes.com...

LMAO.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Your source:

The CDC did not immediately return our request for comment.

Snopes did not say "false." What's your point?
edit on 12/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It looks like the new administration is sick of seeing propagandized things from certain agencies.

Yeah, sick of evidence-based science?

Propaganda that goes against reality, and their version of. Got it.

Like climate settled science?

Perfect example of it right there

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Your source:

The CDC did not immediately return our request for comment.

Snopes did not say "false." What's your point?

I guess you missed it.

according to the CDC analyst, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak publicly.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The Washington Post reports that on Thursday, analysts at the Center for Disease Control were presented with a list of words that they’re not allowed to use in any official documents pertaining to the organization’s 2018 budget. The words? “Diversity,” “entitlement,” “evidence-based,” “fetus,” “science-based,” “transgender,” and “vulnerable.”

It's like 1984 all over again. Even though Republicans are in charge this has got to be some kind of left wing globalist conspiracy!

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Can you show me where Snopes gave it a "False?"

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Can you show me where Snopes gave it a "False?"

Can you show me where Snopes gave it a "True?"

I gave it a false because of the anonymity situation. But I think you know that.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The CDC did not immediately return our request for comment. The Department of Health and Human Services, however, released a statementdenying that the story is accurate:

The assertion that HHS has ‘banned words’ is a complete mischaracterization of discussions regarding the budget formulation process. HHS will continue to use the best scientific evidence available to improve the health of all Americans. HHS also strongly encourages the use of outcome and evidence data in program evaluations and budget decisions.

They did have this from HHS which states the story as false. Whether it is or not I don't know but one government department has denied it

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
7 Words banned , George Carlin would be so proud!!

I think you've been had by fake news.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

It looks like the new administration is sick of seeing propagandized things from certain agencies.

When those people lie, they emphasize their lie by using "evidence/science based" when it is doctored up Bullsht so it looks good and believable. Obama did that often with the happy assistance of ABC,CNN,NBC, etc.. True information doesn't need to be propped up with special "power" words.

Glad that helped..

It's not propped up by special "power" words, it's showing it's backed by science-based research that is accepted by the scientific community. To subtly and intentionally attempt to undermine science and the consensus of the scientific community is extremely dangerous.

Glad that helped.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You can say evidence based or science based and it does not mean it is true.

It means scientific research has determined it to be true, hence the scientific consensus. When overwhelming scientific evidence determines it is not true, it is no longer accepted as true.

Hence, science. And scientific research. Based on evidence.

I read a hell of a lot of research and research differs a lot in application.

There is not always 100% agreement, but there is more than not, hence the consensus among the scientific community.

We need an organization like the CDC, but they should be more open minded and able to evaluate the truth instead of reinforcing their decisions.

That's why their research is back by science, and scientific evidence.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

When those people lie, they emphasize their lie by using "evidence/science based" when it is doctored up Bullsht so it looks good and believable. Obama did that often with the happy assistance of ABC,CNN,NBC, etc.. True information doesn't need to be propped up with special "power" words.

Glad that helped..

It's not propped up by special "power" words, it's showing it's backed by science-based research that is accepted by the scientific community. To subtly and intentionally attempt to undermine science and the consensus of the scientific community is extremely dangerous.

Glad that helped.

No it isn't showing it's backed by science. It is only SAYING it is backed by science. That is why they put those words in there so the gullible groupies will fawn and swoon over those propagandized and politically correct agendas so easily and even defend them and get angry and start riots when people point these things out, and when it is mentioned that it's full of BS those people will be ridiculed and ostracized later on by the media and their groupie defenders.

Power Persuasion Words used to trigger the easily triggered, AKA Neuro-Linguistic Programming.

It's brain washing on a national level and it's used by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS and many others online.
edit on 17-12-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

You can say evidence based or science based and it does not mean it is true.

It means scientific research has determined it to be true, hence the scientific consensus. When overwhelming scientific evidence determines it is not true, it is no longer accepted as true.

Hence, science. And scientific research. Based on evidence.

I read a hell of a lot of research and research differs a lot in application.

There is not always 100% agreement, but there is more than not, hence the consensus among the scientific community.

We need an organization like the CDC, but they should be more open minded and able to evaluate the truth instead of reinforcing their decisions.

That's why their research is back by science, and scientific evidence.

With all research there are parameters. If you examine the parameters and look for things outside the parameters, you get the truth. Interpretation of evidence is where there often is a problem. Research on a molecule has to include relationship to other molecules to be truely effective.

Take for instance calling water H2O. H2O is just the skeleton of water, if you try to get the water down to H2O it is almost instantly altered by the environment by absorbing things out of the environment that it is stored in. If it is stored in a glass container, it will take in some of the silica right out of the glass over time, if it is distilled in a silver tube, it will take silver out of the tube. I can go on and on, it even takes stuff out of the air. So saying H20 is water is a misconception, it is not real. Yet science refers to water as H20 all the time. You could study water in that state, but it is not practical for drinking, it would pull out nutrients out of our digestive system just like water interacts with metals and chemicals.

So using one line of research to come to a conclusion rarely works, you need to have an open mind, thinking in an array pattern to completely understand something. I see scientists making mistakes all the time, but was it the research or how the research was used by someone wanting to prove something. I read the research to see it it matches the interpretations and study where the evidence applies. The CDC seems to only see what they and their favorite partners want to see. They work with the Pharmaceutical companies a lot to get their research. Look to European research, do not limit your research to just what American chemical researchers are told to look for. By structuring research you can almost guarantee it will correspond with your other evidence to prove what you want it to prove.

Do I care if these places are spewing misinformation because they are structuring the evidence to show what they want it to? No, not if I can get access to a lot of different types of research to check it out myself and figure what it applies to to be considered as appropriate.

I am not going to take anyone's word on this kind of stuff without actually looking at the research myself, I do it all the time and most times the interpretation is way out of bounds of properly interpretting it. Misapplied evidence dots the main agencies of this country. I would trust WHO's interpretations much more than the CDC or FDA interpretations. But even then, I do check WHO's too. It is very time consuming.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

No it isn't showing it's backed by science.

Yes, it is.

That is why they put those words in there so the gullible groupies will fawn and swoon over those propagandized and politically correct agendas

They want to remove that language so the gullible anti-science groupies will swoon over the 'science is a ruse' propaganda, which is dangerous, because research-science goes against the agenda.

It's brain washing on a national level and it's used by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS and many others online.

Ironic. It's attempted brainwashing by trying to erase the scientific consensus, on which the information is founded.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No it isn't showing it's backed by science.

Yes, it is.

That is why they put those words in there so the gullible groupies will fawn and swoon over those propagandized and politically correct agendas

They want to remove that language so the gullible anti-science groupies will swoon over the 'science is a ruse' propaganda, which is dangerous, because research-science goes against the agenda.

Ironic. It's attempted brainwashing by trying to erase the scientific consensus, on which the information is founded.

"On which the information is founded" Of course you can't show anyone that information because it's... only in the minds of all those who seek to profit from it in some way, and the consensus is only shared by their acolytes, and even they don't really know much, except to say "it's all true and anyone who doesn't believe us is crazy"

This must be why governments haven't banned pollution by much, except to trade credits for pollution so they can "feel better about causing the problem they claim is bad for the earth" I remember when Al Gore (At Bill Clinton's farewell as president) made a statement about the "global warming catastrophe" that was coming, and when he spoke in such alarmist tones, Bill Clinton broke into laughter and tried to cover his face so the cameras couldn't see him laughing.

That is some consensus.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is pushing back against a report alleging that the Trump administration had banned the organization from using specific words in next year’s budget documents.

“I want to assure you there are no banned words at CDC. We will continue to talk about all our important public health programs,” CDC Director Brenda Fitzgerald

Was the WaPo story fake news? Exaggerated news? What?

There Are No Banned Words at CDC

"The assertion that HHS has 'banned words' is a complete mischaracterization of discussions regarding the budget formulation process," the HHS statement said. "HHS will continue to use the best scientific evidence available to improve the health of all Americans. HHS also strongly encourages the use of outcome and evidence data in program evaluations and budget decisions.”

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well those statements are quite semantically null.

Are they going to use those words or not? Neither statement says they will, or won't.

edit on 12/17/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

NO. BANNED. WORDS.

Yet, that is how WaPo and others framed it. And, of course, people went berserk with the fake news, and the hyperbole that followed was off the charts. (Yes...I still say "fake news" because that is what this is.)

edit on 18-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Are they going to use the words, or not?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

We'll see. But, the words were not banned.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join