It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CDC is Banned from Using 7 Words, Including 'Diversity,' 'Transgender,' and 'Fetus'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
We are indeed suffering from a snowflake endemic folks and it's not solely sourced from the left:

The Washington Post reports that on Thursday, analysts at the Center for Disease Control were presented with a list of words that they’re not allowed to use in any official documents pertaining to the organization’s 2018 budget. The words? “Diversity,” “entitlement,” “evidence-based,” “fetus,” “science-based,” “transgender,” and “vulnerable.”

www.esquire.com...

Really? Is this necessary? Explain to me why this is necessary?

Of course this isn't the only example of the Alt-Right using their political powers to protect their sensitivies. I mean it was not too long ago Trump and Alt-right groups went berserk over NFL players kneeling at the anthem to the point that Trump himself wanted the NFL to fire them. I mean switching channels during the anthem or doing your own thing isn't an option. How about trying to use your political powers to shut down media that may be critical of you? Alt-Right Groups made no bones about rallying behind this idea. Getting all worked up on gay marriage because lord knows we can't let tax paying consenting adult americans live their lives?

If there's a snowflake aware for 2017 the Alt-right wins that hands down.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One question: who honestly cares enough to make a big deal out of it? You realize that by making this thread you look like just as much of a snowflake as the people who came up with this?

Two words: social engineering. It seems both sides are a bunch of hypocritical snowflakes by buying into this propaganda.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I'm more concerned about "evidence-based" and "science-based" being forbidden in official CDC proposals, since the backbone of science is based on evidence, and the CDC is based on science.

This is dangerous.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Look at it this way, if you cannot use those loaded words (I hate to write this: "triggers"), then you can't be beating people over the head with them at every turn.
edit on 16-12-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

How does it Feel Liberals ? Two can Play that Game.................LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

One question: who honestly cares enough to make a big deal out of it?

I do.

When you seemingly try to prevent a public health institute from using terms "science" and "evidence-based," when their work is based on science and scientific evidence, there is a huge problem: it attempts to undermine the foundation of science.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
One question: who honestly cares enough to make a big deal out of it?

Seriously. They want to ban a department from using the word 'diversity' and 'fetus'? This kind of attempt to control doesn't concern you?

If the priority of this administration includes banning words they may deem too politically correct' to appeal to their supporters, it concerns me. This means it's another attempt to wave power around instead of attending to the real issues and if you ignore this, they'll move on control to the next thing and the next thing.

Two words: social engineering. It seems both sides are a bunch of hypocritical.

If you want to play fence sitter to appease both sides 3NL1GHT3N3D1 by all means. You'll get little to no result out of it

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Already posted

here it is

P

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Awesome! Somebody got onto it, didn't see it.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Already posted

here it is

P

But this is in the Mud Pit.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You'll get little to no result out of it

As much of a result as anyone else I'd wager.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It looks like the new administration is sick of seeing propagandized things from certain agencies. Those key words and phrases were utilized heavily under the Obama administration, and it continues with MSM to make them sound more true and correct, regardless if they even were the truth in the first place. Usually when agencies have to "doctor up" the wording, it is an attempt to realize a desired outcome in social opinions.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It looks like the new administration is sick of seeing propagandized things from certain agencies.

Yeah, sick of evidence-based science?

Propaganda that goes against reality, and their version of. Got it.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This looks like the first steps to a fascist theological cultural segment given control over science and the scientific method.

pure Trump propping up his ego egged on by his evangelical supporters. Cultural manipulation leading us away from freedom of thought and logic into controlled propaganda based theological mindsets.

edit on 16-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

It looks like the new administration is sick of seeing propagandized things from certain agencies.

Like climate settled science?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

When those people lie, they emphasize their lie by using "evidence/science based" when it is doctored up Bullsht so it looks good and believable. Obama did that often with the happy assistance of ABC,CNN,NBC, etc.. True information doesn't need to be propped up with special "power" words.

Glad that helped..

edit on 16-12-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

If there's a snowflake aware for 2017 the Alt-right wins that hands down.

Award.

This gives the term politically incorrect a whole new ballpark.

It also gives "7 words" a whole new meaning.
edit on 12/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I for one was pretty shocked to learn this. One of the biggest reasons I like the alt-right is their support for free speech. Now the administration is literally banning non-PC words. The alt-right will erode it's moral high ground if they don't condemn this kind of newspeak thought policing.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Now the administration is literally banning non-PC words.

Nuh uh.

What they have done is expand the definition.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I'm more concerned about "evidence-based" and "science-based" being forbidden in official CDC proposals, since the backbone of science is based on evidence, and the CDC is based on science.

This is dangerous.

You can say evidence based or science based and it does not mean it is true. I read a hell of a lot of research and research differs a lot in application. It is often misapplied to things it is not supposed to be applied to and also there are parameters on use of evidence and using the evidence which is created without a complete study of all interactions often leads to misapplication.

The CDC uses vaccine evidence to say that one type of immunity gets boosted. They do not tell you that immunity to other types of microbes is actually reduced by steering the immune system to fight something you may not get in contact with. "Science based" is misused a real lot in our society here in America.

The CDC seems to accept evidence based on their beliefs and deny any evidence or research that goes against what they are pushing as good. They are hung up on their beliefs.

We need an organization like the CDC, but they should be more open minded and able to evaluate the truth instead of reinforcing their decisions. The CDC also tries to blow up threats to make them seem more funding worthy.

I suppose a lot of agencies that need federal funding do the same thing, do we really need to go colonize the moon or to build the biggest and best bombs and aircraft? It just makes Russia compete with us more.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join