It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Team In Possession of Thousands of Transition Emails

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

Of course not. But Mueller obtained the emails legally because trump IS under criminal investigation. There's no expectation of privacy in that either BTW.
Mueller is no idiot but trumps lawyers sure appear to be. Did they get their degrees from a school advertised on a match book? They are the legal professions version of the keystone cops.

There are in fact rules for how evidence can be obtained, even when a person is under investigation.

I'm not saying the Mueller necessarily obtained this information illegally; I'm just pointing out that it is false to say that when you are under investigation that there is no expectation of privacy. Legal rights are legal rights, whether or not you are under investigation (maybe even more so if you are under investigation).

Silly is not really known for her legal prowess....

edit on 19-12-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I would love to see you post ANY source for your opinion.
While you think it is an irrelevant statute, it is the law for the GSA no matter if you like it or not.

Because they are NOT to be treated as government employees, the disclosure agreements they were given would actually not apply to them.

Only a moron would not have obtained a warrant.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Really why didn't the transition lawyer go to the courts?

Why did he add the law needs to change....

hmmm

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I would love to see you post ANY source for your opinion.
While you think it is an irrelevant statute, it is the law for the GSA no matter if you like it or not.

Because they are NOT to be treated as government employees, the disclosure agreements they were given would actually not apply to them.

Only a moron would not have obtained a warrant.

But Mueller is the smartest man on earth....Not to mention a Republican.

lol

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So just to be clear, are people arguing because the transition team used government servers and such that they had no expectation of privacy because that would make their material government property?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Why won't you source anything?

It appears to me there is nothing wrong with the law, the problem is the bureaucrat that decided to release all the emails.
That and the fact that no warrant was obtained.
There is no excuse for not getting a warrant.

You do understand the ethics issues involved if the bureaucrat released privileged info and the lawyers on muellers team have not disclosed this and returned this?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here is 10 hours of tell all information on this breaking story....

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Why won't you source anything?

It appears to me there is nothing wrong with the law, the problem is the bureaucrat that decided to release all the emails.
That and the fact that no warrant was obtained.
There is no excuse for not getting a warrant.

You do understand the ethics issues involved if the bureaucrat released privileged info and the lawyers on muellers team have not disclosed this and returned this?

So your assuming Mueller and his team have privileged info from the emails they are using in the case?

That is your assumption? That a career prosecutor doesn't understand the law...

Lol..

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I am not assuming anything.
We have a statement from a trump transition lawyer.
We know no warrant was issued.
We know other complaints have been filed about these investigators...
thehill.com...

Lawyers for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort on Friday filed court documents announcing their team's intention to challenge the constitutionality of evidence seized from Manafort's home during a raid in July. Attorneys representing Manafort filed a response to a judge's order to inform the court about possible pretrial motions, saying that they will challenge evidence that was "improperly" obtained "by search warrant, subpoena, or otherwise."

Not obtaining a warrant for these emails was folly.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Lol,

The only case is if he used emails from privledged conversations with a lawyer as evidence.

Which he wouldn't do...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

No Obama didn't interfere with the election. Don't be a fool. That's the most ridiculous thing ever posted. And a lie. As Usual.

His administration did - that has now been proven.

I suspected you were speculating. I'll leave you to wait for your salvation

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Lol,

The only case is if he used emails from privledged conversations with a lawyer as evidence.

Which he wouldn't do...

No
Illegally obtaining privileged info is a problem no matter your opinion.
Still no sourcing from you... Perhaps because your opinion holds no merit.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You can't illegally obtain emails that were given willingly to you.

Sourcing what? Partisan news sites...yeah that proves a lot.

Specifically, Loewentritt said, "in using our devices," transition team members were informed that materials "would not be held back in any law enforcement" actions.

The only legal claim is privileged info as evidence. Hence his lawyer not taking actual legal action...

Guess what you can still use the privileged emails to roll an informant...as long as the emails themselves areally not used as evidence and the defense doesn't know...

The government, and therefore Mueller, has a lot of tools at its disposal to step around the Fourth Amendment to get documents. These include the “special-needs doctrine,” the “third-party doctrine” and National Security Letters (NSLs).

A NSL is a form of administrative subpoena often used by the FBI. It is a “demand letter” issued to a particular entity or organization to turn over records pertaining to individuals. NSLs require no probable cause or judicial oversight. From 2003 to 2006 the FBI issued 192,499 national security letter requests.

Also maybe he does have a warrant. He doesn't have to tell the media...

www.forbes.com...

edit on 19-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You can't illegally obtain emails that were given willingly to you.

I posted the GSA statute for you.
The emails were not Loewentritt's or any other bureaucrats to give.
Muellers team as lawyers have an ethical responsibility for the info they seize.
Rule 41 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedures governs warrants HAD THEY GOTTEN ONE.
Rule 41 specifically provides for seizure of electronically stored information.
The USAM instructs prosecutors to design procedures to “ensure that privileged materials are not improperly viewed, seized or retained during the course of the search.”
The USAM approves of the use of a “privilege team” or “taint team” to review potentially privileged material.
Muellers team DOES NOT HAVE ONE.
Generally speaking, the taint team will review seized materials and divide them into three groups: not privileged; potentially privileged and privileged. The privileged materials will be returned to the company and the non-privileged materials will be turned over to the trial team.

Oh and this.....
www.foxnews.com...

On November 16, 2016, roughly ten days after Trump was elected president, the Chief Records Officer of the U.S. Government sent a letter to all federal agencies reminding them that "the materials that PTT members create or receive are not Federal or Presidential records, but are considered private materials."

edit on 19/12/2017 by shooterbrody because: sourcing

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

ohhh is THAT what a taint team does?

i'm gonna have to rethink my business model...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
www.politico.com...
The letter sent to the proper oversight committees, not to "congress".

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

ohhh is THAT what a taint team does?

i'm gonna have to rethink my business model...

That is quite a unique area of expertise you have.
Best of luck with that.
May I suggest some air freshener as well for your business model?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That is quite a unique area of expertise you have.
Best of luck with that.
May I suggest some air freshener as well for your business model?

/checking my list

anal bleach... rubber gloves... eye bleach... air freshener

got it, thanks. want to buy in? we could always use more taint investors with your kind of savvy.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I admit to not being a legal expert on this or anything for that matter.

My question is this.

If these emails were considered government property because they were created in government servers, then wouldn't the same be true of comeys notes that he leaked to his friend to give to the media?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

interesting when provided the statutes and letter they stop the discussion
this is real trouble for mueller
and with this happening i would believe manaforts lawyers problems with that seizure as well

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join