It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what the majority of Israelis think of Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Cheers for that. They are all silly tbh. Much better gods to follow out there.
Like odin.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Show me one Old Testament scripture that says Christ is not the Messiah.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Revolution9

You're wrong. Israel, soon, will be the center of the world. Very soon.

The time is now. Israel already thinks it's the centre of the world. It's sorely mistaken though....

Really? So, who/what in your opinion is the 'center of the World'.

Truly though, you want to know what's going on the world? Look to Israel.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Uh.. I don’t know..

Maybe the most powerful economic and military nation on the planet??

Aka: Us (pun intended)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Can someone explain why christians side with Jews and not with muslims? seeing that Jews killed jesus and do not recognise jesus but the muslims think jesus is a prophet.
I just never understood it.

Christians side with Jews, because they have the same god.

Christians sit on the right hand of God, and Jews sit on his left hand.

So, Christians and Jews may disagree on points, but they both understand the one god.

When you open a Holy Bible, the Old Testament is in the left hand, and the New Testament is in the right hand.

Strange enough, the Old Testament has a saying,

Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil. -- KJV, Proverbs 4:27

So, it appears that God's intention is that they should meet each other "half-way",

i.e. in the middle of the book.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Same god as muslims also. Why they can't get along well....other factors I know but their god will not be happy with them all.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Jews are not awaiting a divine messiah to come to earth..

By their interpretation, there is no son of god and there have been many messiahs..

All the divine being stuff is purely Christian..
Could you point to where I said the Jewish messiah was Devine?

Glad that you are reading up on it though.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Show me one Old Testament scripture that says Christ is not the Messiah.

I’m not playing that game. You know very well that interpretation of the passages have been argued for centuries. People far more educated than I support their positions in support of their beliefs.

If you seriously want to learn why the Jews believe that their messiah has not come yet you should discuss it with a rabbi.
edit on 17-12-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Same god as muslims also. Why they can't get along well....other factors I know but their god will not be happy with them all.

Are you deranged? The same God?

Mohamed the child rapist - is DEAD.

Christ, is not.

No, it's not the 'same God'...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

What?!?!

The Torah doesn’t mention Christ at all, by the interpretation of every single Jew in history... so how could it say he doesn’t exist???

Lol

That is like saying “prove to me the Bible says Chuck E. Cheese isn’t real..

Well the Bible doesn’t mention ole chuck at all lol..

ACCORDING TO THE JEWISH INTERPRETATION, the have no prophecy for a son of god, or divine being to appear. AT ALL..

In Judaism a messiah is a human being who fulfills a checklist and has that title bestowed on him.

Cyrus the Great being the first one.

By the checklist , A messiah (not the messiah) has to free the Jews from bandage as the major box to check.

When Jesus showed up the Jews were in bondage to Rome, and when he died the Jews were still in bondage to Rome..

Christians claim the “freed from bondage” part is a metaphorical freedom from sin and allowing them back into heaven.

The Jews never thought they were barred from heaven and were not buying the metaphorical stuff, because every previous messiah wasn’t metaphorical, and they didn’t interpret the phrophecy to say it was.

Funny how the two religions don’t actually seem to match up at all..

edit on 17-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Honestly , today the world would be better off without all the Santa believers, no matter what their faith is..

Sure, because the USSR & Communist China worked out so well for peace, love, light & liberty.

Whatever is necessary for Man to have a conscience, such as will prevent the wide-scale adoption of callous & cruel state or community-led oppressions & criminal barbarism, that should be recognised as a civilising power acting upon men, and therefore a good thing. No faith should be forced upon a person (including atheism, or anti-theism), but none which is non-violent/non-perverse should be denied them.

Unrestrained atheism or anti-theism among the masses is PRECISELY what led to the death camps & the brutal tortures/ 'experiments' of the Nazis & their scientists, during their genocidal attempt to conquer the Western world (& the rest of it too, just because..) The same with Stalinist gulags, and Chinese re-education programs.

Don't drink the anti-theist Koolaid - it's the most bitter of all possible flavours.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well, I thought I would toss in my 2 cents on the conversation here. What really happened 2000 years ago? Was Jesus the messiah?

Quite simply what happened 2000 years ago was a botched Apocalypse. Why? Because of this prophecy from Malachi 4.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

According to Matthew 17 this is what happened to him.

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

With the death of John the Baptist it triggered the curse. And it's a big one. Looking around I found it prophesied in the book of Hosea. And it turns out the curse is 2000 years long.

So to make this as simple as possible Jesus Christ was not a false messiah. Rather he was a messiah denied. And the first century Apocalypse was delayed 2000 years.

And one more thought. Per the book of Zechariah there is still one more messiah to go. The branch. There was supposed to be 2 of them.

edit on 17-12-2017 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Well what messiah are you talking about??

The Jewish version or the Christian version?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
He is not the messiah , he is just a naughty boy

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Jesus Would have been Recognized as the Next Promised Messiah by the Jewish People if it weren't for the Politics of the Pharisees at the Time under Roman Rule . Scapegoat comes to Mind ......

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

What in the world are you on,about?
Wow you sure extrapolated an awful lot from that half assed post I put up.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Gee.
I hope they are grateful for the funds they receive.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Tell me what Jew does not say their God, is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Are you deranged? The same God?

Mohamed the child rapist - is DEAD.

Christ, is not.

No, it's not the 'same God'...

In all fairness, they believe that Mohammad is simply another prophet.

They believe that when God says He is One. He means it, so much so that He would not lower himself to manifest in a flesh body. They believe that makes Christians polytheistic because we have a trinity, three that make one (Father, Son, Holy Ghost).

And while they do have Christ in their scripture, they will at most call him a prophet, so in that respect, they are closer to Jews than Christians.

For Christians, if there is no divine nature to Christ, then there is no reason for our faith.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oh religion how could we do without you're incredible talent for division, surely it has to be one of the most successful tools used on people.....literally ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join