It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Litecoin what do you think?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Yes I think in a while i will see the trends. I watch some of these videos and sites that go into super great detail and use the ups and downs to try and forecast what is going to happen. Using trends. I have a bit to learn.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Lots of good info following you two back and fourth.

I started playing with bitcoin some years ago, but cashed out all of my bitcoins to pay the bills... less than $1000 for five coins.
Ouch.

Not getting bit again- in the last six months I've invested in the following coins, and several of them are up 1000% already.

LTC
XMR
ETH
BTC
ZEC
XRP
IOT
NEO
XEM
MAID
ADA
POT
XLM
FCT

Overall, my portfolio is worth 500% of what I have invested.
I'm not playing the games you're talking about with buying and selling to follow the market, I simply don't have the time for that... so I'm spreading myself out over many coins that I feel have potential and waiting it out.

Unless the US Government bans cryptos or someone invents a quantum computer, I feel like the overall trend for any of these coins is going to be upwards over the course of the next year.

Hopefully they'll buy me a house.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac
That is a shame about your Bitcoin, but live and learn right? Great job on your portfolio, that is a great return. I look forward to the coming year and look to dive deeper into crypto.

It is a different world in the crypto universe.

What site do you buy from and what kind of wallet do you use? I looked at a thumb drive style from Ledger but it doesn't seem to keep track/support the new up and coming coins like Cardano.

I made a few good moves with Stellar and Ripple. We will see if these continue to warm up and continue to do what I think they may.

Hope you can pick put your house (on a lake) soon....

edit on 18-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I've got accounts on Coinbse, poloniex, and binex. I've been trying to get verified at bittrex for a few weeks, but they're giving me trouble. Can't add any funds there until I'm verified, but I'd like to get some of that redcoin.

Right now, all of my coins are stored in those three online places- which I know is dangerous and stupid... I've just not had the time to figure out how to take them offline, or what to do with them once they're there.

I invested enough to buy a good used truck (by my standards)- so I'm quite happy with the returns so far.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I looked at hardware wallets and i don't think they will work for us. I have only checked one and i am going to look at a few more tomorrow, will let you know if one will grab all our non-traditional coins.
I think we are in the same boat, I have put about a 1/2 a used truck (ford ranger 100,000 miles+) and am impressed, not something I am used to when it comes to non physical assets/investments.

I am also going to look at a paper wallet. That maybe a way to get the coins "safe". But it seems online is pretty safe. We hear a few horror stories but over all it seems safe.

edit on 18-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I've been wanting to type here all day... I am cramming this stuff in an already busy schedule. I did the same thing... just watched video after video about trending. I actually noticed a trend in the middle of the night... while I was sleep of all places. Take a look at those coins we like, and look at the 1 month scale, and you will see a common theme among the bangers.... all 3 lines funnel together, squeeze, then pop. I will pretty much be trying this trend out until some more information pops about to lessen losses further.

As far as the wallets are concerned, some will require specific devices. Cardano for instance, to move it off an exchange you need to download the Daedalus app from their website... it's currently the only way to keep them safe is in their virtual wallet on the app.

Awesome to hear that the gains have been plenty, and that more people are joining this thread... this is like my new crypto home. I hope we all learn to keep our investments protected first and foremost. I have been reading as much of these websites as possible... the links are on www.coinmarketcap.com.

There really is no wrong way to be involved with this... the U.S. is way behind the ball on this movement. Most people I ask about it when I am out and about haven't a single clue of what a block chain is... Japan and Korea are responsible for about 60-70% of these recent impulse spikes in comparison to the rest of the world. Can you just imagine what happens when the U.S. bankers get into this???

I moved liquid shares of stock to overtsock.com 1st thing this morning based on the crypto jump, and it jumped up another 10% today, after 11% yesterday. All thos riches that Bitcoin created are buying overstock dry with goods paid with bitcoin. I will certainly be holding this stock through the holidays... I got in @68.80.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Nice buy on overstock.

There was a bank that started taking Bitcoin, litecoin, Ripple and Ethereum. Things are moving for sure.

Like you said I did not find a one piece solution to storage needs, this is going to take a little homework.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So much green on the coinmarketcap today!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes, and I am still drooling most that you were in on Cardano @ .03 if I remember correctly. You might not know it yet, but you've earned yourself a stalker on ATS in regards to crypto!

I jumped in on a new one that's only month old called EthLEND, and I am quite happy so far... I got in @.077.

Are there any other cheap coins your hard pressing on or that you expect gains like Cardano???

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I am very happy that I got in at that price as well. If it makes you feel better, I also picked up some ETHlend too at .04. Also in Ripio @ .11

I havn't found anything that I'm looking to buy atm. Lots of gains and I just want hodl for now. We know what's coming next with all this green and sideways BTC.

ETA: Well, I have been considering this one. What you guys think? po.et...
edit on 18-12-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

This video is what made me feel embarrassed that I wasn't saving $5 a day... I have not turned back since...

Play with this calculator, and you can see how the gains are impacted to the wallet... it almost gets laughable as you match it to crypto gains...

www.forex21.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Compounding interest is a very powerful force. And if applied through our working years and if things don't crash 2 years before you retire, all is well.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Here's the dip I was talking about in the previous post.

Now is the time to get in to those coins you were on the fence about.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Agreed.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I am gong to use some of your portfolio to do research.

I have a ton on Reddcoin-it was cheap and seemed like a great coin/idea. Worth a look-still under a cent but has done very well.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I am gong to use some of your portfolio to do research.

I have a ton on Reddcoin-it was cheap and seemed like a great coin/idea. Worth a look-still under a cent but has done very well.

Only problem is I need to sign up for yet another exchange and find a way to get financing into it to buy in.

Coinbase added bitcoin cash yesterday, which is what caused that dip we saw in other markets. Trading was immediately killed because someone knew they were listing it and bought up a BUNCH of bitcoin cash on other exchanges- insider trading.

Once it reopens on coinbase, I'm thinking it'll easily double in value in a week... but right now the only way I could buy any is to give up some of my monero on kraken.

Should reopen today on coinbase, at which point if I notice, I'm going in on credit. (I can afford the loss if it tanks)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Keep in mind the info on Reddcoin is not as easy to come by as like a Ripple or Cardano.

The only reason I bought this was because I could buy 50k for under $100. And I do like what I see, I wish I could see more though. We will see but as I said it has done well.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What exchange do you buy it from?
They're all swamped lately, it's hard to open new accounts.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Coinbase to Bittrex.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Figures, I've been waiting on verification for a bittrex account for two weeks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join